Are your failed recordings refusing to go away!

RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If a programme fails in planned recordings, it eventually goes into recordings listed as "failed". One would normally then delete it.

For the last week or two, it wont let u delete them!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    yes mine is doing the same at the moment most annoying
  • Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    It's a known issue. a reformat with fix it..
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never used to do it for recordings that were not recorded because the disc was full.

I do, however, have a few old programmes that re-appear each night after being deleted.

This appears to be a different issue.

I don't want to re-format because I have a lot of unwatched recordings.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a similar problem. There is a programme that I recorded around 5 months ago as a partial record that even if I delete it from my recorded programmes its back there every morning once the box has been off for a while it reappears or if the box is rebooted it reappears. Very annoying to delete it daily. The programme isnt even on anymore and there is no series record either.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've still got 10 minutes of an episode of True Blood from nearly a year ago still on my box!
    I keep deleting it but it keeps coming back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    I've still got 10 minutes of an episode of True Blood from nearly a year ago still on my box!
    I keep deleting it but it keeps coming back.

I think a reformat is the only way to get rid of it, but you might be like me and have a lot of unwatched content!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a reformat is the only way to get rid of it, but you might be like me and have a lot of unwatched content!

I got it down to about 2 shows, unfortunately, those 2 shows are my wife's and she doesnt't want to delete them incase she wants to watch them again, which she won't!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

Yhats the troubli I have about 70 hours unwtched so i guess i will have to put up with it
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Is it true you can only format the v+ box twice?
  • auntyjamesauntyjames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Is it true you can only format the v+ box twice?

No...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    As suggested above, reformat/delete.

As suggested by me frequently, record/watch your stuff/delete...

I accept that if one goes away for a week or two, one might hopefully have to catch up with a few 'essential' recordings (much of which will be on 'play it again' somewhere ...).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    Are they actually planning to fix this long term problem or are we stuck with workarounds? I can understand why it is annoying for people to have to reformat their boxes as I very rarely get down to having nothing left to watch.
  • dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it down to about 2 shows, unfortunately, those 2 shows are my wife's and she doesnt't want to delete them incase she wants to watch them again, which she won't!

White lie time. Just do it and say there was an issue with the box and virgin told me to do the following.
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Buy her a DVD/HDD recorder and copy her programmes to it :)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have a "This is England '86" recording showing 0 hrs 0 mins sitting in my list which has been deleted dozens of times (out of habit really) and yet reappears over night.

I know I could reformat but there are several films on there I don;t want to lose so I can live with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Complete novice question coming up. How do you reformat the box? :o
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's easy, there's an option on one of the menus. Highlight it and press OK :D

Of course which menu is another matter...:p

EDIT - Umm. I'm sure I've seen this as a menu option, but on searching online all I find is the following instruction instead.

"To reformat the hard drive you will have to use your remote control. This key sequence needs to be a fairly rapid succession of key presses taking less than 10 seconds.

If STOP or QUIT appears you will need to start the process again

1.Press the HOME Button
    2.Press down the Play button for 5 seconds (E-00 Will appear on the display)
    3.Press the TV Drive/V+ Button. (E-01 Will appear on the display)
    4.Press the CH - button 4 times. (As you do this hdd1, hdd2, hdd3 and then hdd4 will appear on the display)
    Reformatting will then begin and rFt will appear on the display.

The process can take between 5-8 minutes depending on how full the hard drive is, and once complete the V+ drive will reboot."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if you do a reformat does it wipe all of your planned recordings and series links?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if you do a reformat does it wipe all of your planned recordings and series links?

think it wipes everything. ie as though you just got a brand new box. This is why I cant do this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    think it wipes everything. ie as though you just got a brand new box. This is why I cant do this.

It does, which is the problem that I have.