Argos will buy any tat?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did I dream this or did Argos make a large order for the box on wheels?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the girls got a few small orders totalling about 174 but no orders from the two large companies set up by Lord Sugar?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I must stay off the wine.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Do they actually buy them or is it just a spoof for the programme?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is real. Even Lord Sugar's beard.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Did I dream this or did Argos make a large order for the box on wheels?

the pitch made it look like Argos were going to place an order and then when Karren was talking it sounded like it but in reality they didnt place an order
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Argos has standards, not even taking a few and selling it as "As seen on the Apprentice" could make them order.

What I'd like to know is if Alex's backside hadn't been in their faces during the pitch, would they have ordered more chairs? :D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Even Argos has standards, not even taking a few and selling it as "As seen on the Apprentice" could make them order.

What I'd like to know is if Alex's backside hadn't been in their faces during the pitch, would they have ordered more chairs? :D

Or maybe that was the USP that sold it to them :D I can't think of any other reason why they'd buy such a crazy stupid product. I was with the man in the street that said it would just confuse him :cool:
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    You do know the orders are not real orders don't you? No products are ever made or orders fulfilled.

Argos and John Lewis did not order any of the boxes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    You do know the orders are not real orders don't you? No products are ever made or orders fulfilled.

I asked in Argos earlier why they didn't have the box (I want two for the garden) and the lass said the same thing to me.

So it must be all fake.

I wonder who does Lord Sugar's beard. It looks so realistic.
    Forum Member

Of course because the products aren't actually available but presumably they are saying if it was available they would order it otherwise what would their pretend order be based on.

Though in this case I'm wondering if it was just a joke :cool: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course because the products aren't actually available but presumably they are saying if it was available they would order it otherwise what would their pretend order be based on.

Why would they stock a box with a suggested selling price of £75 when they already stock something similar at £45, or something very slightly different for under £30?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member

So, do the shops know they are candidates from the apprentice when they place orders? Because they could just "order" some unrealistic amount of items knowing that they are not real. Even the small retailers, they must know Karren or Nick...
    Forum Member
    alan_m wrote: »
    Why would they stock a box with a suggested selling price of £75 when they already stock something similar at £45, or something very slightly different for under £30?

I don't understand :confused: So what is the premise for the orders just a joke like I said.

ETA Exactly Tracy :confused: Surely they are saying if they could order it they would or is it just one complete joke :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan_m wrote: »

I'd pay extra for the pattern on the side.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This comes up without fail every year, they are not "Real" orders, but someone will still post this question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about someone who has only just started watching this season? Maybe they haven't been around the forums every year?

Do you think that might be a possible reason that they 'might' post this question?
    Forum Member

No, I didnt know, not really thought about it before, thats why I asked. I knew others would and let me know. The few sarky comments back are not really necessary because nobody knows everything, but thanks to those who politely responded with the answer.
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    No, I didnt know, not really thought about it before, thats why I asked. I knew others would and let me know. The few sarky comments back are not really necessary because nobody knows everything, but thanks to those who politely responded with the answer.

I didn't realise that my reply was sarky, I was just stating facts.
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise that my reply was sarky, I was just stating facts.

Apologies, I clicked on the wrong post:o
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you don't like sarky comments back, the ds forum is'nt the place to be, and i am going to get some, because i thought the small storage box on wheels was a good idea, and certainly a better idea than the boys poxy fold away chair that looked very uncomfortable to sit on anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    This comes up without fail every year, they are not "Real" orders, but someone will still post this question.

I really did not know that and have never seen a thread on it.

So is the whole thing just bullshit?:confused:
    Forum Member
    I really did not know that and have never seen a thread on it.

So is the whole thing just bullshit?:confused:

The cost of actually licencing/producing the products would be astronomical for a TV show, they show a prototype and it's the 'idea' that is being 'sold'.

No respectable company is going to 'offer to buy' unless the 'product' has some USP or practicality, their reputation is on the line.

I have to say this episode has been dumbed down far more than normal, there were no costings, margins etc that they normally have to figure out and they were even given the retail price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »

The "Body Rocka" was available to buy from Argos, so I can see why people still ask this. The show could make this a little more clear.

As Lord Sugar ignored Tom's original idea and just invested in his existing curved file, there is a chance he could push Alex to make this chair if there is enough interest from this prototype.
    Forum Member
    akhenaten wrote: »
    If you don't like sarky comments back, the ds forum is'nt the place to be, and i am going to get some, because i thought the small storage box on wheels was a good idea, and certainly a better idea than the boys poxy fold away chair that looked very uncomfortable to sit on anyway.

It is easier to be pleasant than not, hold that thought.

I have been on this Forum for years and it is only a few who find it necessary to be unpleasant, so I wont be taking your advice.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is easier to be pleasant than not, hold that thought.

I have been on this Forum for years and it is only a few who find it necessary to be unpleasant, so I wont be taking your advice.

I agree with you Gilliedew, mostly we have great fun on here and it's only a few who are quite horrid and they usually get blocked by the mods.