Options

Who's getting what Assassins Creed and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely! With them released on the same day that, for me, means double the fun! :D

It's better in that we can get both games in one trip to the shops/delivery

Its worse in that getting both games together means having to choose which one to play first, before it was finish Unity before Rogue but now...
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Its worse in that getting both games together means having to choose which one to play first, before it was finish Unity before Rogue but now...

Rogue first. BOATS1
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Rogue first. BOATS1

Unity might have boats...
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

True that. But in chronological terms I think now that we get to purchase both on the same day, I personally would pick Rogue as that is part of a trio of games and finishes of the Kenway saga.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These two guys have played both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2chBHfyAc
  • Options
    Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True that. But in chronological terms I think now that we get to purchase both on the same day, I personally would pick Rogue as that is part of a trio of games and finishes of the Kenway saga.

Sorry if I'm being stupid I've bought all the AC games after I loved black flag so much but haven't played them yet, which games make up the Kenway trilogy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being stupid I've bought all the AC games after I loved black flag so much but haven't played them yet, which games make up the Kenway trilogy

No problem. :) Assassin's Creed 3, Black Flag and then the upcoming Rogue.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These games are lost to me now, I originally liked the concept of the story but Ubisoft are releasing too many AC games for me to keep up and it kills the excitement for me personally.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definitely be getting both.
    Rogue on the 360 when it's released.
    Not planning on getting an Xbox One till at least Xmas when there may be better deals on.
    Even so I'll probably leave picking up Unity till early next year when I've completed Rogue and Unity will be cheaper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody has got the game early and has been uploading videos quickly blocked by Ubisoft but this one is still up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ01qIn1Y-s

OK, not to be a nitpicky but why so quiet? Where's the music a la AC2 and Brotherhood? I want more atmosphere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Never mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok calling it now! Speculation (potentially spoiler)
    The developer said the ending of Assassin's Creed Rogue is the beginning of Assassin's Creed Unity, right? I think Shay (Rogue protagonist) kills Arno's father because he betrayed him hence starting his Templar path. This leads Elise's Templar father to take Arno under his wing and protect him from the truth about his father hence how Arno and Elise meet and fall in love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Ok calling it now! Speculation (potentially spoiler)
    The developer said the ending of Assassin's Creed Rogue is the beginning of Assassin's Creed Unity, right? I think Shay (Rogue protagonist) kills Arno's father because he betrayed him hence starting his Templar path. This leads Elise's Templar father to take Arno under his wing and protect him from the truth about his father hence how Arno and Elise meet and fall in love.

:o:o I thought the same but why would they not specify which game players should play first as that's a pretty hefty plot twist?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC Rogue for me as I'm not planning on upgrading to xbox one/ps4 until around the holiday season.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    AC Rogue for me as I'm not planning on upgrading to xbox one/ps4 until around the holiday season.

Same here. Hopefully will have completed or almost completed Rogue by Xmas when I plan to get Unity. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lagging way behind I need to finish black flack before rogue then unity at some point next year for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I'm lagging way behind I need to finish black flack before rogue then unity at some point next year for me.

Black Flag, dear, Black Flag. :D
    If I were you though I would try to get a next gen console and play Unity. Rogue is clearly filler for those who can't get next gen just yet and probably won't be anywhere near as good as Black Flag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I plan on getting a next gen system maybe around christmas time so Rogue will obviously be a filler title until then.
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    These 2 and Far Cry 4 less than a week apart...

Ubisoft could atleast spread out their releases. I've not used my ps3 or ps4 for anything but Netflix since May now I'm going to be fully loaded come November.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both and I don't know why