How do you explain this can trick?

Comments

• Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Definitely Magic:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I've asked several magicians, friends and colleagues about this illusion and I can exclusively reveal that...
    I don't know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RonnieL wrote: »
    I've asked several magicians, friends and colleagues about this illusion and I can exclusively reveal that...
    I don't know.

:D:D:D:D

I don't want to know. I like things like that they are fun. Knowing would spoil it.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

I don't want to know. I like things like that they are fun. Knowing would spoil it.

But it's knowing how these illusions work that encourages magicians to come up with new things! I remember a show "breaking the magicians code" that showed how some of the best tricks were done. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    But it's knowing how these illusions work that encourages magicians to come up with new things! I remember a show "breaking the magicians code" that showed how some of the best tricks were done. :)

I watched something similar - I THINK it was Penn and Teller. They had magicians do tricks and have them try to fool P&T - if P&T could work out how it was done, they lost, but if P&T couldnt work it out they won.

It wasnt breaking the magicians code, but it was really good!
    Forum Member
    I remember a show "breaking the magicians code" that showed how some of the best tricks were done. :)

Valentino.

Not the BEST tricks, but some of the older traditional ones. No harm in that and yes I agree it sparked interest in younger kids who'd never even seen a magic show before.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember seeing those programmes. There was one which showed how David Blaine did all his street magic, like the levitation and the one where he was frozen in ice for days.

It kinda spoilt things to be honest!
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does sound interesting i admit. There is that balance of wanting to know how the tricks work but knowing that once you do, the illusion is gone forever. However I did enjoy the show and thought it was interesting.

There was one show in which an assistant was put into a giant vase container with swords (slowly) put through it. You'd think there'd be no room for the assistant (who was trained of course) to put her body but she did. If you think hard enough the illusion in the trick is still there. :)
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing those programmes. There was one which showed how David Blaine did all his street magic, like the levitation and the one where he was frozen in ice for days.

It kinda spoilt things to be honest!

He wasn't frozen in ice. He basically stood in an igloo for admittedly long period of time, although there were "stand-ins" apparently. How do you think Eskimos survive?
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    A complete guess at how it might be done:
    He doesn't switch the cans, unless there is camera trickery. So, the can can't be empty. I'm guessing there is a false lid on it and a small amount of liquid has been emptied from the can via a small hole in the side, which he keeps covered with a figure throughout the trick. The can is crushed, but shaking it causes it to pop back out. He removes the false top, opens it and pours.
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very cool trick my hat's off to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can.

Nice trick...simple and effective...the best ones...only find out if you want to do the trick...best way...
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

WOW! You are even quoting the Masked Magician's own ideology.

Do you actually have any original thought or must you always be told what to think?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are interested in performing this then research the trick "sealed and healed"
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are interested in performing this then research the trick "sealed and healed"

Nice reveal Caliban. Why protect secrets of magic when you can make yourself look big by exposing.

Oh, just like the masked magician in fact.

Hypocrisy rules.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it doesn't it just spoils things for people.

Luckily though most people tend to forget how tricks are done after a while...hell, I forget how I do some card tricks after a few weeks.

I, unfortunately, glimpsed how Teller does 'The Misers Dream' while showing it to a friend on Youtube and it has near ruined it for me - it is one trick I did not want to know how it was done as it is pretty much perfect in what it does. It uses an age old technique that is one of the oldest in the book but it just makes me tear up at how beautiful it is and now that feeling is reduced by knowing how it is done.

And I can go to a Derren Brown theatre show and know how 60% of the tricks are done and have a good idea at how another 20% of them are done and still enjoy the show.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member

So bloomin' easy when you know how it's done.

I might even try it.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know how it's done but i am not going to share it
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you didn't read the top comment which explains how it was done.