Kylie did the right thing not choosing Femi

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All of her 7 were fab last night. (all of Toms were fab too!!). Was a good show

I think Kylie did right not putting Femi through and here are the reasons why.

1) Femi was never originally a team Kylie player - ok she stole him and that's one point of the show, but in one respect quite right that she put all of her own team members through

2) Will got rid of Femi - if he was that amazing he wouldn't have done so. Not only that he did say that he had someone like Femi on his team already.

3) If Kylie put Femi through and Will put his Femi esque person through (sorry forgot his name), then in the last 12 we would have two acts nearly identical too each other and would be a bit boring. Both of their votes would have been split.

What Kylie has done is choose three different diverse acts. I think the final 12 will be totally different from each other. Looking forward to tonight!!

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I see what you're saying.

Do you mean Tom btw? Who put Bizzi through? The votes wouldn't have been split because they would be competing on the same teams until the final.

But simply put Femi wasn't unique enough or good enough to warrant a place in the Top 12. It's that simple. And yeah Will is the indie/urban coach - he would have kept Femi if he thought Femi was good enough. He stole Nomakhosi too and at least Nomakhosi has a touch of something different about her.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Look past the good looks - he wasn't much.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, his voice was lovely, he was my fave.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Look past the good looks - he wasn't much.
    I didn't think he was good-looking, but I liked his voice.
  • PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I would have voted for Femi or Leo, not that bothered about the rest
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't particularly care for the two guys she put through. They were practically interchangeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you're saying.

Do you mean Tom btw? Who put Bizzi through? The votes wouldn't have been split because they would be competing on the same teams until the final.

But simply put Femi wasn't unique enough or good enough to warrant a place in the Top 12. It's that simple. And yeah Will is the indie/urban coach - he would have kept Femi if he thought Femi was good enough. He stole Nomakhosi too and at least Nomakhosi has a touch of something different about her.

I think he was talking about Jermaine on Will's team who sang "A House Is Not A Home"
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pawsa wrote: »
    I would have voted for Femi or Leo, not that bothered about the rest

I agree. I didn't get her decision to not put either of them through
    I think he was talking about Jermaine on Will's team who sang "A House Is Not A Home"

I think Femi is vastly superios to Jermaine and can't really see how they are alike in any way :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I didn't get her decision to not put either of them through

I think Femi is vastly superios to Jermaine and can't really see how they are alike in any way :confused:

I thought Jermaine picked a better song for the knockouts. They are both old school soul singers who could have been around in the Tamla Motown era. That's the similarity though I never noticed Jermaine in the blind auditions. I preferred Femi myself.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    All of her 7 were fab last night. (all of Toms were fab too!!). Was a good show

I think Kylie did right not putting Femi through and here are the reasons why.

1) Femi was never originally a team Kylie player - ok she stole him and that's one point of the show, but in one respect quite right that she put all of her own team members through

2) Will got rid of Femi - if he was that amazing he wouldn't have done so. Not only that he did say that he had someone like Femi on his team already.

3) If Kylie put Femi through and Will put his Femi esque person through (sorry forgot his name), then in the last 12 we would have two acts nearly identical too each other and would be a bit boring. Both of their votes would have been split.

What Kylie has done is choose three different diverse acts. I think the final 12 will be totally different from each other. Looking forward to tonight!!

I can see your point in regards that Femi was never 'Team Kylie', so she has more loyalty to her original acts.

But then you lose it when you say she has three different diverse acts. Lee and Jamie are going to do exactly what you said Femi would do - split the votes. (That's if we're deeming both of them rock vocalists in the same vein that Femi and Jermain are both soul singers)
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't particularly care for the two guys she put through. They were practically interchangeable.

Lee and James look alike, I do think their voices are different, but in terms of suitable material I agree, I would not put them too far apart. Femi or Leo would have retained a soulful dimension to Kylie's team which has now gone. Maybe not a problem for anyone not a fan of that genre though, I don't suppose.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Femi's voice and style are more current than Jermaine's. His demeanour is that of an oldie too. My mum might prefer Jermaine, whilst I would rather listen to Femi...
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    I thought Femi had a great voice, and I loved his style.

Also he made me smile...

Sorry Kylie, I thought you got it wrong :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Tom said " I wouldn't have let Femi go, would you" to Ricky. Did Tom turn around for Femi? I can't remember.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have put Femi and Leo through . out of Kylies team , the only one that I think would have a serious future and would be able to record and sell is Leo . Cannot see any of the others having a career in the future .
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand Kylie's logic in not putting Femi or Leo through. I think she wanted to find an artist with younger appeal and (rightly or wrongly) though it wasn't either of them. Plus, she was always going to put Rachael through, however much she messed up in the knockouts.

But having said that, out of the 2 guys Kylie had left to choose from after discarding Femi and Leo, she has no hope of finding a winner (or even a finalist).
    They are nice enough guys, but they are not particularly fresh/unique. Either of them would quickly disappear into the midsts of thousands of male XFactor hopefuls.

She should have kept Femi IMHO. At least she would have had an almost guaranteed male semi-finalist.

However, I'm also thinking she may have decided he would split the popular vote and jeopardize Rachael. But as we now know that the judges can give a free pass in finals stage one, that shouldn't have been such a problem.
    And the Northern Ireland vote would have saved Rachael anyway.