Wow the big Ashleigh/Helen love in didn't last long did it

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/150364/Helen-should-have-been-ditched

Go Ashleigh tell it like it is, at least she hasn't been forced to tow the Channel 5 line and keep up the farce that it was a joint issue. Yes people will say it's the star but it doesn't mean she didn't say it. So that means Helen's housemate swipe on BOTS about the fact she shouldn't have tried with people who said they hated her was probably Ashleigh for saying that in her press interview.

Comments

• keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    So that means Helen's housemate swipe on BOTS about the fact she shouldn't have tried with people who said they hated her was probably Ashleigh for saying that in her press interview.

I agree Helen was referring to Ashleigh but Ashleigh wouldn't have had time to do that interview before Helen took her swipe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I always sensed that Ashleigh was just pretending to be friends with Helen near the end.

No way that would've worked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't even lower myself to click the Stars link, Papers such as the star do nothing more than rot a persons brains cells to the point they start bleating.

I watched an interview with Helen this morning, it was done the morning after the eviction, and she had nothing put praise and admiration for Ashleigh.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased Ashleigh hasn't sugarcoated what she really feels. She's speaking for alot of us

I'm not a Ashleigh fan btw so no one can accuse me of being bitter.
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not such a gracious loser now then....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Ashleigh saying this about Helen:
    “She made a lot of comments about people that weren't very nice."

No self awareness that girl.
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    As bitter as ever then.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “There were people being evicted who weren’t as bad but then they didn’t have a pass to the final like she did.”

That would be your supporters that did that Ashleigh.
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    I won't even lower myself to click the Stars link, Papers such as the star do nothing more than rot a persons brains cells to the point they start bleating.

I confess I prefer it when people paste the interview so then I don't feel dirty clicking the link and encouraging them :p
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will make more money bitching and moaning about each other.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    This was my prediction during the nauseating hugging scene that apparently moved some to tears.
    Arcana wrote: »
    They'll be laying into each other in the Daily Star this weekend.

And my psychic abilities are considerably inferior even to Mark's.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could tell that Ashleigh wasn't too keen on continuing a friendship with Helen once she had left the house. She wasn't very convincing.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Good for her.

I can understand their 'make up' from Ashleigh's point of view completely. It's the huge relief when someone who's been bullying you relentlessly at school turns around and says sorry and you know it's now over (talking from personal experience - in my case uni) added to the emotion and pressure of it all being on a gameshow in an enclosed space.

Some interesting links as well from that article, including the one where Helen feuds with Denise Welsh who calls her a bully and says there's no place for people like that on TV.

Helen has a 'pop' at Denise.

Helen says she has no comments.

Helen has another 'pop'.

Helen says her big mistake was being too nice to people for too long :o

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/big-brother/394812/Big-Brother-winner-Helen-Wood-hits-out-at-Denise-Welch-over-bully-comments

Then there's this one with the link in red leading to pics of Biannca papped laughing hysterically as she pees on a street after a night out in Mayfair (ofc Steven was there)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/394286/Big-Brother-s-Biannca-leaves-little-to-the-imagination-on-London-night-out

Soz going off-topic but really :o
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    To get a quote like that from somebody without media training would be like taking candy from a baby.

Sit her down, chat about her experience until she starts to relax. Chatter about the events in the house. All you have to do is get her to nod or agree with a statement the reporter makes (even if that statement is a half truth itself) and you have your quote.

So as an hypothetical example the conversation could have been

Reporter Helen received many, many warnings through her time in the house. Does that surprise you?

Ashleigh - Gosh did she? I knew of one or two I didn't know it was many.

Reporter - Oh yes. Viewers were shocked that she wasn't ejected. Would you have been shocked if she had have been.

Ashleigh - Well no not really I suppose but I am glad she wasn't.

And bingo you can now say Ashleigh was shocked that Helen wasn't kicked out. You don't have to use her entire quote and you don't have to publish the question you used to get her to agree to the idea.

Very easy to do and done al the time by papers far more respectable than the Star.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    So that means Helen's housemate swipe on BOTS about the fact she shouldn't have tried with people who said they hated her

:)Almost certainly a swipe at Matthew, i'd have thought. Much as I liked him in the BB house, if it's true he was calling her names during her winning moment... it was a bit crass of him.

Both Helen and Ashleigh showed exemplary behaviour to each other during the final, which is about all that could have been expected of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frostyj wrote: »
    I always sensed that Ashleigh was just pretending to be friends with Helen near the end.

No way at all. I knew the animosity between Helen and Ashleigh would have gotten in the way of them having a friendship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen says she's not a bully and yet she treat Jale the way she did. She's in complete denial.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    They probably twisted her words to suit their story.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frostyj wrote: »

She was only being magnanimous towards Helen because she never dreamt that Helen would beat her in the final.

It must have taken a massive effort to continue smiling after the result was called.

In fact did anyone else notice when they said 'Congratulations Ashleigh you're this year's ...........runner-up!' and the camera panned to Ashleigh's face. She pricked up her ears for 2 seconds in hope that there was some mistake and the smile died from her eyes if not from her mouth.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    They will make more money bitching and moaning about each other.

Indeed. What else have either of them to say that would be of interest to the papers?

Their only alternative is to go down the glamour model route. I'm sure the Star could help them there.:p
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen will probably react angrily to this attack since being 'defensive' is an automatic response for her

One of the things I disliked most about Helen was that she always blamed others for her nasty outbursts and excused herself by saying she only did it because she was provoked

Funny thing is, this uncalled for nastiness from Ashleigh sort of makes Helen's claims seem more believable

If there is now a two-ing and fro-ing of bitchiness we can, this time at least, know that it really was Ashleigh that 'started it'

I'm surprised though, I thought Ashleigh would get on with her young life happily once she got out of the house. I thought it was only being in there with people she didn't like that was making her miserable. Yet here she is, with her family, friends and boyfriend, the world her oyster ... and she's still moaning and bitching !
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Nasty Ashleigh's mask didn't take long to slip.

;-)
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I could tell that Ashleigh wasn't too keen on continuing a friendship with Helen once she had left the house. She wasn't very convincing.

Will the sly Ice Maiden keep in touch with any housemate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the sly Ice Maiden keep in touch with any housemate?

If Ashleigh's an ice maiden, Helen's darkness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty Ashleigh's mask didn't take long to slip.

;-)

Helen's been just as bad.