Muttley76 wrote: »
    erm...no!:confused:

hehe me neither

Just bored and on a wind up :D
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just fouind out there is a TARDIS at the botanical gardens of wales until the end of next week

I will be 15 minutes away from there on saturday so may try and persuade the OH to leave the house a little earlier so we can go and take a look :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just fouind out there is a TARDIS at the botanical gardens of wales until the end of next week

I will be 15 minutes away from there on saturday so may try and persuade the OH to leave the house a little earlier so we can go and take a look :)

that sounds exciting. They said on Graham Norton last night that they filmed much of WoM there.
  • Options
    dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I'm listening to Jeremy Vine and there is a Mother on talking about her hero son who after being decorated was killed in Afghanistan and it's so sad. Sorry, but it puts everything into perspective. When you think life is rubbish, just remember ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that sounds exciting. They said on Graham Norton last night that they filmed much of WoM there.

we took the kids there earlier in the year but i didnt realise it was filmed there until watching Graham Norton :rolleyes:

http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/
  • Options
    dazzlingdawndazzlingdawn Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, they cheered me up. Loved the nerdy specs one! :cool:
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon whoonies :D

A quick visit to say hi to all and sundry before w*rk drags me under again :rolleyes:

SheMoore - so pleased Shell and her partner are enjoying COE

Muttley- thanks for the link

Solamenn - who the 'eck is Art? :D

weedle - hoep you are all calmed down now :D

dawn - very true :(

And on a non DW note, just found the castlist for STP's Going Postal - yes I DO know its IMDB, but it has been confirmed elsewhere ;)

Who is going to be first to create a link back to DW (like Tolliver Graot appeared with an art critic who appeared inone of the 4th Drs stories :))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    Afternoon whoonies :D

A quick visit to say hi to all and sundry before w*rk drags me under again :rolleyes:

SheMoore - so pleased Shell and her partner are enjoying COE

Muttley- thanks for the link

Solamenn - who the 'eck is Art? :D

weedle - hoep you are all calmed down now :D

dawn - very true :(

And on a non DW note, just found the castlist for STP's Going Postal - yes I DO know its IMDB, but it has been confirmed elsewhere ;)

Who is going to be first to create a link back to DW (like Tolliver Graot appeared with an art critic who appeared inone of the 4th Drs stories :))

Steve pemberton was in the league of gentlemen with Mark Gatiss :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On another note Richard Coyle for Moist is fab but David Suchet for Reacher???

I can see he'd have the right aura about him but i think he'd be a bit old. I always thought of reacher as the "anti-moist" (that sounds minging). Much in the same way as the master is the "anti-doctor"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On another note Richard Coyle for Moist is fab but David Suchet for Reacher???

I can see he'd have the right aura about him but i think he'd be a bit old. I always thought of reacher as the "anti-moist" (that sounds minging). Much in the same way as the master is the "anti-doctor"

But don't forget his performances in Maxwell and "The Way We Live Now" Typecasting perhaps? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gosh thats a pretty severe makeover for
    K-9! ...................
    :D
  • Options
    SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny story. I think monster is finally getting to grips with the idea of the different doctors

My non-geek hubby complained last night that all the monster has wanted to watch recently is "sarah jame" and "doctor doo"

Yesterday he put on an episode of series one for her and she said "Dad I don't want this doctor doo. I want the spiky one" He had to ring my Dad to ask if we could borrow some of my nephews dvds.

When I got home she had just watched the end of series 4. She was running round the room saying "I wuv Captain Jack PEW PEW PEW". A little later she was spinning round in a circle and said "I being darwick. STERMINATE STERMINATE"

My OH just stood there shaking his head, she comes out with things he has no idea about. . Sunday she was looking through her cards and said "oh look dad. A nasty sycowax. its ok, hand comed back". He was like WTF is she on about lmao

Awwww! I am loving Monster more daily. :D

Was talking to Shell's friend the other day about WoM. She had no idea it was on :rolleyes:. Little K (I think I will call him that from now on as I'm running out of ways to describe him lol) will be watching it alone she said. I warned her of the scariness so she's trying to decide which one of them is going to have to 'suffer' it with him.

here you go Whooniepeeps

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nvwqv/The_Graham_Norton_Show_Series_6_Episode_6/

Jonny Vegas got on my norks though!

sometimes I just cannot understand a word he says!!

like it say to Weedle1 "slooooooooooooooooooow down when you speak, no one can understand youuuuuuuu""

It is also repeated tonight. ;)

And JV got on my errr 'norks' (new one on me that :D) too. No surprise there though as he always does.

How come he hasn't got helmet hair? must be a timelord helmet, bigger on the inside to ensure hair is properly looked after

But he has got Timelord hair. :confused: Beautiful Timelord hair at that.

watching Graham Norton and i absolutely love it so far

quite worried that I knew the answer to the question David asked :o

The bit with the fan cracked me up

I know!!! Only three people in the audience knew it. 3!!!!! I mean call themselves Whovians? Come on! :D

lol, yes too bad they didn't go down that route for series 3.. the irony of them having Jack apologise for HIS bad behaviour is not lost on me though!

and re the picture...the doctor has a wandering hand there i notice..how rude!

My mind is so squeeky clean I had to go back for another look lol.

Yeah i thought he looked embarrased but then when the other fan had a better question, he looked really annoyed lol

BAHAHAHAH Brilliant
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Yes, a better question and a good answer!

I thought the guy was quite rude and conceited and was glad that JV put him in his place in an amusing way. :D

Also delighted that guy 2 had a better question. Teehee. But yes, he did realise what a c*ck-up he'd made which was good also.

Solamenn wrote: »
    What :eek: Memebers of th innuendo squad are paid
    And I thought you were doing that for Art's sake

The Jack/Doctor video was funny. But I have to admit that for my taste, nothing will ever that very simple line in The sound of drums : "You too, uh ?" !

Oh that line is one of my favourites. I was chatting to Tombaland at about 5am this morning (he says hi and he misses you all btw) about Utopia. The dynamics are just so brilliant. One of the great strengths of RTD's writing and all credit to the actors for delivering it all so splendidly.

Girls and MrSM are out so it's catch up on the house time for me. Then it's Buffy all the way today with 'The Unquiet Dead' (thanks Webby) as a break and Day 2 for afters.

And Michelle loves the name Buffoonies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »

I am willing to send her first class post if anyone is interested. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the RT in front of me now.

Personally I am not sure I think they should have used 'too scary for kids?' as the article header. I think putting a suggestion at the end of the article that parents of young children might want to watch it first would have been prudent, but that headline almost could act as a means of putting people off watching!

*off to read article now*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am willing to send her first class post if anyone is interested. :D

Will swap for a stroppy teenager ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SheMoore19 wrote: »

But he has got Timelord hair. :confused: Beautiful Timelord hair at that.

My mind is so squeeky clean I had to go back for another look lol.

Girls and MrSM are out so it's catch up on the house time for me. Then it's Buffy all the way today with 'The Unquiet Dead' (thanks Webby) as a break and Day 2 for afters.

And Michelle loves the name Buffoonies.

Monster is indeed cute :D

And the Timelord hair can only be explained by him having a Timelord helmet :D

squeeky clean? Yeah right!:rolleyes: :D

let us know how The Unquiet Dead is received :D

So is Michelle a Buffoonie too? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting quote from DT here about the Doctor in WoM:
    'the doctor is more fallible than we have ever seen him before'
    so he makes an error here or more than one error?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the RT in front of me now.

Personally I am not sure I think they should have used 'too scary for kids?' as the article header. I think putting a suggestion at the end of the article that parents of young children might want to watch it first would have been prudent, but that headline almost could act as a means of putting people off watching!

*off to read article now*

It may get a few of the young teens/preteens watching.

I was talking to my nephews friends(they are 11) and they were all saying how they had outgrown DW. That was until my brother said that it was probably going to be too scary and he didnt think the boys would be allowed to watch it.

Of course since then they havent stopped talking about how much they are looking forward to it :D

My niece on the other hand is going to watch it on monday afternoon in the daylight as she is worried about it being too scary (shes 10). her 7 yr old brother is determined to watch it on sunday in his bedroom with the lights off :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me the second half of the article is taken up with them telling us SM writes more scary stories than RTD though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will swap for a stroppy teenager ;)

Its a deal. In a few years, said teenager will be old enough to fend for himself (ie get chucked out ;)) and we'll have peace and quiet. whereas the monster will still be a monster and you will have the teenage years still to come

Dont think you have thought this through webby ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me the second half of the article is taken up with them telling us SM writes more scary stories than RTD though.

that wound me up too

But i do like the way the moff is dismissive of Blink though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a deal. In a few years, said teenager will be old enough to fend for himself (ie get chucked out ;)) and we'll have peace and quiet. whereas the monster will still be a monster and you will have the teenage years still to come

Dont think you have thought this through webby ;)

:mad: Except teenager is borderline ASD and is unlikely to want to leave EVER :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Except teenager is borderline ASD and is unlikely to want to leave EVER :rolleyes:
    good point. Could i handle living with 2 of them
This discussion has been closed.