Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50/1 on with Paddy Power. "The Field" are 10/1

Incredible isn't it. Could do well in Europe this season if they can rest players when they're up by 3/4 goals in each game haha
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What will Cetic now consider their biggest most difficult fixtures now.

I assume against Dundee United and Hearts probably
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    What will Cetic now consider their biggest most difficult fixtures now.

I assume against Dundee United and Hearts probably
    Hearts away will be the biggest fixture. Dundee Utd away is also tough. Hibs and Aberdeen always give us good games as well.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subject: SFL Special General Meeting – Friday, 13th July, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,
    David A. Longmuir
    Chief Executive, SFL.

What exactly is the point of the vote? As long as the clubs vote sevco fc to recieve a licence to play in the SFL then the clubs have no further say in what division they will play. It says here that they can just put them in div 1 regardless of what the clubs say (which they will do) so why the vote? I assume they already know a 'no vote' to the div 1 would be the outcome so will know take it away from the clubs.

Put's McCoist's 'put us into div 3' stance into context and you can see why he said himself and Green have complete trust in David Longmuir.

The game is corrupt!!

As pressley said today Sevco could finish 5th in div 1 but they would still achieve promotion to the SPL.
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of the vote? As long as the clubs vote sevco fc to recieve a licence to play in the SFL then the clubs have no further say in what division they will play. It says here that they can just put them in div 1 regardless of what the clubs say (which they will do) so why the vote? I assume they already know a 'no vote' to the div 1 would be the outcome so will know take it away from the clubs.

Put's McCoist's 'put us into div 3' stance into context and you can see why he said himself and Green have complete trust in David Longmuir.

The game is corrupt!!

As pressley said today Sevco could finish 5th in div 1 but they would still achieve promotion to the SPL.

I don't read it that way at all. If you look at the start of the sentence it says that the 'SFL board members direct the board, etc'. The important part here is 'direct'. Everything that follows that opening is one sentence so everything the board does is at the direction of the SFL members. Anyway, if the board did try a fast one, there would be absolute mayhem. From the SFL club chairmen and from the fans.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying "yes" to the resolution is directing the board.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The game is corrupt!!

Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

i like that bit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to get fifa involved.

Article 19 Principle of promotion and relegation
    1. A club’s entitlement to take part in a domestic league championship shall depend principally on sporting merit. A club shall qualify for a domestic league championship by remaining in a certain division or by being promoted or relegated to another at the end of a season.

2. In addition to qualification on sporting merit, a club’s participation in a domestic league championship may be subject to other criteria within the scope of the licensing procedure, whereby the emphasis is on sporting, infrastructural, administrative, legal and financial
    considerations. Licensing decisions must be able to be examined by the Member’s body of appeal.

3. Altering the legal form or company structure of a club to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence for a domestic league championship, to the detriment of the integrity of a sports competition, is prohibited. This includes, for example, changing the headquarters, changing the name or transferring
    stakeholdings between different clubs. Prohibitive decisions must be able to be examined by the Member’s body of appeal.

4. Each Member is responsible for deciding national issues, which may not be delegated to the Leagues. Each Confederation is responsible for deciding issues involving more than one Association concerning its own territory. FIFA is responsible for deciding international issues involving more than one Confederation.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/01/09/75/14/fifa_statutes_072008_en.pdf
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The game is corrupt!!

Total carve up. If this allows a new club into SFL 1 then I am finished with football in Scotland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Former Celt Joe McBride has died.

RIP Joe. :(
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    I know this is a completely random thing to say but i'll say it anyway as i'm sure i'm not the only person on here who plays computer games.

First of all it'll be weird not having Rangers in Fifa 13 but I wonder if they will still include Rangers as maybe a rest of the world side. Poor Rangers fans who buy Fifa next season.

EDIT: The Rangers (I know, peace people it was a mistake)
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Former Celt Joe McBride has died.

RIP Joe. :(

Maybe not, apparently seriously ill but still alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Total carve up. If this allows a new club into SFL 1 then I am finished with football in Scotland.

Hopefully the clubs will get real upset about this and vote no to an sfl licence.

Many people call scottish football mickey mouse and the way the governing bodies have handled this fiasco since Feb 14th has done nothing to dispel that opinion.

No other league would you see such actions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a completely random thing to say but i'll say it anyway as i'm sure i'm not the only person on here who plays computer games.

First of all it'll be weird not having Rangers in Fifa 13 but I wonder if they will still include Rangers as maybe a rest of the world side. Poor Rangers fans who buy Fifa next season.

EDIT: The Rangers (I know, peace people it was a mistake)
    If the carve-up succeeds then AFAIK the SFL First Division will be in FIFA 13 for the first time (well, obviously it's its first time in FIFA 13, but you know what I mean :p).

So hopefully "The Rangers" won't be in FIFA ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    If the carve-up succeeds then AFAIK the SFL First Division will be in FIFA 13 for the first time (well, obviously it's its first time in FIFA 13, but you know what I mean :p).

So hopefully "The Rangers" won't be in FIFA ;)

Would be great if the SFL first was included, I always have to start a season with Hibs yet it gets tedious playing the same sides every year. I remember the old FIFA 2000 days and you got Raith, Airdrie etc: in the Scottish Cup but you couldn't actually select to play as those sides.

Anyway back to real life and the wonderful non-corrupt world of Scottish Football, the BBC have an interesting piece on the life for the new Rangers in division 3 should it materialise. Assuming then Stranraer get promoted then it gives a team by team guide on the teams and stadiums The Rangers could face....

I reckon they should be made to play at all the venues first of all but stadiums like Broadwood, Hampden and maybe to a degree Forthbank are already suitable seat capacity wise. Celtic played Berwick in the cup at Shielfield Park. The Rangers if in Division 3 should be treated like a team in Division 3. If they can only get 400 standing at Elgin then that's tough cookie.

Also there are quite a few artificial grounds being installed next season in that league. I do love the wee grounds in Scottish Football, sort of wish I could take in more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18735027
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also there are quite a few artificial grounds being installed next season in that league. I do love the wee grounds in Scottish Football, sort of wish I could take in more.
    [Insert obvious retort about relegation here] :p
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celtic make short statement confirming Joe McBride is seriously ill in hospital.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

I reckon they should be made to play at all the venues first of all but stadiums like Broadwood, Hampden and maybe to a degree Forthbank are already suitable seat capacity wise. Celtic played Berwick in the cup at Shielfield Park. The Rangers if in Division 3 should be treated like a team in Division 3. If they can only get 400 standing at Elgin then that's tough cookie.

If Rangers go to Div3 (which i really hope they do), i will be in two minds as to what should happen, At home in Ibrox rangers will easily get at least 10k per match, probably far in excess of that in reality, away they may be limited to say 400-1000 if they are lucky in some places due to limeted facilities there.

Now in one hand i suppose rangers could just carry on, Rangers will be pulling in far more money than anyone else in their league as they have the capacity and the fans willing to pay for the tickets.

On the other hand it would be a shame for 3rd div teams to lose out on possibly a fortune in ticket sales because they dont have the capacity, there could be 5k punters with cash in hand waiting to see Rangers play away, it would be a crying shame for a small team in div 3 to have to turn that kind of revenue away, a busy away match for rangers could equal a whole seasons takings to some of these clubs.

i dont know how you could work it, and some Rangers fans me be annoyed at not being able to travel to away games (thats the fun part for a lot of fans),

But, couldnt the home club be given the choice of either playing at home or playing at , say Hampden, if they so wished, or even play at Ibrox with some sort of share of the takings.

it probably wont happen, but i just think it is a great oppertunity to give some of the lower leagues a chance at some decent money, it would be a shame to waste the chance.
  • Options
    ty webbty webb Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Would be great if the SFL first was included, I always have to start a season with Hibs yet it gets tedious playing the same sides every year. I remember the old FIFA 2000 days and you got Raith, Airdrie etc: in the Scottish Cup but you couldn't actually select to play as those sides.

Anyway back to real life and the wonderful non-corrupt world of Scottish Football, the BBC have an interesting piece on the life for the new Rangers in division 3 should it materialise. Assuming then Stranraer get promoted then it gives a team by team guide on the teams and stadiums The Rangers could face....

"I do love the wee grounds in scottish football, sort of wish i could take in more"- Given your Team's form last season your Wish may become reality :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where Celtic are off to? They are checking in atEdinburgh Airport.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

Surely you should know?!
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Augsburg on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think we are off to a training camp somewhere, not sure where, could be Germany.
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Surely you should know?!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting how views can change in a few days:

Mark Hately, Daily Record,22nd June:

"THERE seems to be a groundswell gathering behind a move to put Rangers into the First Division next season but I think there could be dire consequences for the club if such a thing were to happen."

Mark Hately, Daily Record, 7th July:

"What I would say to Regan and Doncaster is this - is this not the ideal time to restructure the game and have three leagues under one umbrella?

That would help solve the problem. Rangers would be demoted to the middle tier as punishment and no-one would complain."
This discussion has been closed.