Options

the TWILIGHT BREAKING DAWN thread

Comments

• Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    This film is AMAZING. Easily the best one so far. It stayed true to the book and is one hell of a movie. Ignore all the critics.. They were always going to give it bad reviews.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMDB gave it 3.5 out of 10 surely the film isnt that bad, i think the best reviewer is yourself.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    IMDB gave it 3.5 out of 10 surely the film isnt that bad, i think the best reviewer is yourself.

That's just bollox, it's become an easy target. I loved it, as did the rest of the people i was with!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,015
    Forum Member
    This thread is starting to pick up now then! :D

UK and US premiere photos
  • Options
    mondeo123mondeo123 Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    yawn :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Just been to see. I think it should be marketed as a cure for insomnia.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Just been to see. I think it should be marketed as a cure for insomnia.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I was so looking forward to it as well. I loved Twilight and Eclipse, wasn't keen on New Moon, but almost loathed this. The best part was the last 10 minutes. It was like watching an acquaintance's wedding video, then honeymoon video, then cherry-popping video (are there such things?). And the talking wolves, though I understand they had to portray that somehow, just felt a little too odd for me.

I'm supposed to be taking my teenaged daughters to see it, but I'm not sure I can sit through it again. :(

Glad to hear others enjoyed it though. There were some nice parts in it, but overall I found it disappointing.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Just been to see it today and I thought it was great !! (and I'm no spring chicken) I thought it followed the book quite closely, and the CGI that they must have used on 'Bella' to make her look almost skeletal was amazing. The wolves 'talking to each other' wasn't really talking, they were supposed to be reading each others minds. I shall definitely be seeing it again.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »
    Just been to see it today and I thought it was great !! (and I'm no spring chicken) I thought it followed the book quite closely, and the CGI that they must have used on 'Bella' to make her look almost skeletal was amazing. The wolves 'talking to each other' wasn't really talking, they were supposed to be reading each others minds. I shall definitely be seeing it again.

Yep, no spring chicken myself either. :) I understand that they were trying to portray the mind-reading of the wolves, but it still didn't work for me. I appreciate it was difficult to do though. Yes, skeletal Bella was very impressive. As was the
    transition scene.
    which was my favourite.

I felt like they were ticking the boxes of the book's concepts, but there could have been more substance, e.g. the conflict between Jacob and Rosalie, Hopefully they will make more of that in Part 2.
  • Options
    miffyxymiffyxy Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Did anyone stay till after the credits as there is supposed to be an end of credits scene - bit like Pirates of the Carribean 4?

Looking forward to seeing this movie very soon :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Sorry to butt in bit does the the breaking dawn book cover the two part ending of the twilight saga the books are reasonable priced on Amazon, thanks.:D

It sounds good the film nobody will come and watch it with me, so will have to wait till March 2011 when it will be released on dvd:cry:
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in bit does the the breaking dawn book cover the two part ending of the twilight saga the books are reasonable priced on Amazon, thanks.:D

It sounds good the film nobody will come and watch it with me, so will have to wait till March 2011 when it will be released on dvd:cry:

Breaking Dawn is a large book so they decided to make two films out of it, like Deathly Hallows. If nobody will go with you, go on your own, I would. By the way, I take it you mean March 2012 for the release of the DVD and where did you hear that, I didn't know and I've been wanting to find out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Breaking Dawn is a large book so they decided to make two films out of it, like Deathly Hallows. If nobody will go with you, go on your own, I would. By the way, I take it you mean March 2012 for the release of the DVD and where did you hear that, I didn't know and I've been wanting to find out.

Here is link I googled its release and it came up I wanted to know to have bought the rest of the films might by the book now has it people said it seems to stick to the book;) The release date is at the bottom of the links page:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miffyxy wrote: »
    Did anyone stay till after the credits as there is supposed to be an end of credits scene - bit like Pirates of the Carribean 4?

Looking forward to seeing this movie very soon :)

I did and it's only after the Pre-credits-
    The Voltori got a message about the new Cullen family member, it was hilarious the fact that the thing that peeved Aro off was the grammar!

I'm shocked others found it boring?! For me it was paced brilliantly. Eclipse felt almost rushed, it wizzed by and missed important scenes, whereas BD followed the story perfectly, it didn't let me down on the main aspects The Wedding, Isle Esme, The Labour, The Birth and i have to agree the transitioning scenes gave me goosebumps.

They did include a little of the conflict between Rosalie and Jacob, the whole "Dog" scene. But i hope the bowl > head scene appears in part 2.
  • Options
    carascaras Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved it, even if it was a bit tongue in cheek! Not sure about the 12 rating though, a little graphic in places. 9/10
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been to see it. Despite all its's flaws I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did and it's only after the Pre-credits-
    The Voltori got a message about the new Cullen family member, it was hilarious the fact that the thing that peeved Aro off was the grammar!

I didn't stay so missed that bit! Oh well will have to wait until it's out on blu ray to see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive fan of the books and the previous films, but wow what a shower of shite that was. I wish I could be more constructive in my criticism but i'm just gutted at the moment because I was really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive fan of the books and the previous films, but wow what a shower of shite that was. I wish I could be more constructive in my criticism but i'm just gutted at the moment because I was really looking forward to it.

Go on, be constructive! :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which bits didn't you like then? because as i keep saying, it's stayed true to the book in every way, and you liked the book...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which bits didn't you like then? because as i keep saying, it's stayed true to the book in every way, and you liked the book...:)

Itd be easier to ask what I did like! The acting was wooden, the lead couple have no chemistry whatsoever to say they are meant to be a real life couple. The music chosen to accompany scenes was rubbish. Too much time was wasted on random scenes like them dancing in Rio and her trying to seduce him and play chess which couldn have been better used on other more important stuff - like imprinting - I would not have understood any of that if I hadnt read the book. Also did the build up to the wedding really need to be that long?

Im glad others have enjoyed it, its just my personal opinion obviously :)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Watched all the films, more to see what the Fuss is about, and I've enjoyed them...This one, still good, but it did go on a bit....The first 50 minutes, could have, been in the opening credits...:yawn:....last bit with the action....I liked.

And End Credits, to, very good.

7/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Itd be easier to ask what I did like! The acting was wooden, the lead couple have no chemistry whatsoever to say they are meant to be a real life couple. The music chosen to accompany scenes was rubbish. Too much time was wasted on random scenes like them dancing in Rio and her trying to seduce him and play chess which couldn have been better used on other more important stuff - like imprinting - I would not have understood any of that if I hadnt read the book. Also did the build up to the wedding really need to be that long?

Im glad others have enjoyed it, its just my personal opinion obviously :)

Fair do's ,thanks for answering.:)
    I still don't understand how you could love the book yet not love the film, it's the best adaptation so far!

It seems from all the reviews etc like Breaking Dawn is the one made for the fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I loved the new film...saw it today.

I only got into Twilight a week ago when it was on tv, ordered parts 2 and 3 then saw breaking dawn today.

Agree the whole werewolves talking was stupid but rest was amazing...now newborn Bella
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

I went on my own today...there was a woman who must have been 60 (at least) on her own. I am 28!