tv headphone question

13»

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several things may be conspiring against you.

Firstly is the adapter an INPUT or OUTPUT or switchable type? You need an OUTPUT or switchable type set to OUT. An INPUT or switchable type set to IN will not work.

Then the SCART socket has to be wired for output. Not all are. There may well be a small square icon next to the SCART (assuming you can see it) with one or more arrows across one side. If it only has an arrow pointing into the square the SCART is wired for input only so is no use. If it has a double headed arrow or an arrow pointing out of the square (plus a second pointing in) then it is wired for Output which is what you want.

If the SCART is wired for Output there may well be an option somewhere in the menu system to set what signal is output from this socket. You may have the option of the tuner (may be called Analogue or Digital TV) or some other input. Make sure it is set to the tuner option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    have checked its on output;still no sound

can't see any arrows,have managed to get a pic of scarthttp://s276.photobucket.com/user/simoneroles/media/IMG_01531.jpg.html
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Well done on getting the switchable scart adapter. @chrisjr has covered the bases and if the TV doesn't have a menu option to select scart source (usually limited to ATV, DTV and composite) then I'm afraid that avenue is exhausted. Have you confirmed the headphones work from another source, eg. set-top-box, VCR etc ?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have checked its on output;still no sound

can't see any arrows,have managed to get a pic of scarthttp://s276.photobucket.com/user/simoneroles/media/IMG_01531.jpg.html
    I would hazard a guess that the SCART is wired for input only. As nvingo says if there is no menu option to select what is fed out of the SCART then that may well confirm it. Though there is the chance it's hard wired to be the tuner regardless of what you happen to be watching.

But assuming the headphones, lead and adapter plug are all working correctly it would seem the TV has no output over SCART. You could confirm the headphones, lead and adapter are OK by plugging into something like a PVR or DVD player.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    thanks everyone I have success,plugged scart adaptor into freeview box and have sound out of wireless headphones

I can't thank you all enough
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D