Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) New trailer.

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
I think we were all slightly underwhelmed by the E3 trailer, but the newest one makes it look like a completely different game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw

Possibly the first "Must have" game on the system IMO.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think otherwise; it's a cheap, cop out for a Mario game.We need an actual mario game similar to super mario 64, sunshine or the galaxy games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I was going to write a more detailed comment, but the new footage speaks for itself: I take back everything bad I ever said about this game. Nintendo is never wrong.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nemokins wrote: »
    I personally think otherwise; it's a cheap, cop out for a Mario game.We need an actual mario game similar to super mario 64, sunshine or the galaxy games.

Yup, the majority of the art was completed for 3D Land. Same with Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Just laziness :(

Of course; I'm still gonna buy it!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Ooooo it looks so good! I love the new powers and it looks like the story mode is multiplayer, I need this.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how i laugh at people with a WiiU, now i have seen the footage i want one!!

This looks amazing and i want!! My first line i was only joking by the way, but seriously the WiiU is starting to build up a catalogue of very nice games. I have a X1 on order but hopefully the big stores will continue to drop its price or do some very nice bundles and i'm in!
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some official artwork has been released. Warning: HUGE

http://www.abload.de/img/grand_group_artwork_-kzqcv.jpg

If you look in the very top right corner... right in the background.... you'll see something interesting.
    Observatory from Super Mario Galaxy confirmed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Online ghost mode (like in Rayman) has been confirmed via a Japanese trailer. Just a shame that it looks like it's not going to have online multiplayer. Nintendo are so behind with the times in some respect, and no other developer would get away with missing out such a key feature like this in a game like Mario...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=dpIwcblsO_k
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn Nintendo. After New Super Mario Bros U I was determined to give a non full on three dimension Mario a game on a console a pass but I was slightly interested as enjoyed 3D Land on the 3DS but they've actualy convinced me with these trailers the game isn't just 3D Land on a console but something that warrants the extra price...and how,

It looks like its packed with all kinds of suprises like the Galaxy games or even Super Mario Bros 3 or World.
    Forum Member
    I just saw that they're bringing back the Mega Mushrooms from New Super Mario Bros. With all of these insane new and old power-ups, the four-player action is going to be hilarious! And the levels are clearly brilliantly designed with four players in mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks (and I mean quite literally on some levels) the balls! :D

I'm going to be torn between this and Killzone: Shadow Fall on November 29th...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wonder how 3D world is going to perform... Usually it would sell really well, but in the USA it launches the same day as Xbox One and in the UK the same day as PS4. That is surely going to hinder sales and I wouldn't be surprised if it missed out of a top 10 spot considering.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I really wonder how 3D world is going to perform... Usually it would sell really well, but in the USA it launches the same day as Xbox One and in the UK the same day as PS4. That is surely going to hinder sales and I wouldn't be surprised if it missed out of a top 10 spot considering.

i reckon the vast majority of WiiU owners will pickup a copy ... & nintendo will make a decent profit! :)

(just been checking out some of the screen-shots via eshop on my gamepad previously 2 posting here!!! ... absolutely magnificent!! /nuffsaid) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    IGN: 3D World "most creative game in the series since Galaxy". Take that for what you will.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    First review I've seen, 9.6/10 from IGN http://youtu.be/8eAlJpvvdPk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reviews are now all out.

DS: 5/5
    Eurogamer: 10/10
    ONM: 93%
    Gamespot 9/10
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Reviews are now all out.

DS: 5/5
    Eurogamer: 10/10
    ONM: 93%
    Gamespot 9/10

there are many reasons to own a Wii U alongside a PS4 or XBONE
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. High praise everywhere.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    there are many reasons to own a Wii U alongside a PS4 or XBONE

Yes, one needs something to prop the door open with to stop them over heating.

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Yes, one needs something to prop the door open with to stop them over heating.

;)

That's okay. Once your PS4 bricks, I've heard it makes a perfect door stop :p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music is actually amazing. Especially the ghost houses. I actually feel it's slightly wasted on Mario games.