Options

Melanie Amaro and Astro dropped from Epic Records

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America is such a hard place to crack. I still think that 2012 US Xfactor acts will also have quite a hard time. But if they work hard, I'm sure they will be ok.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    The american X factor winner was signed with LA Reid's label, not Simon's I believe (or am I wong?).

They all sign to Syco, because they own the show and the recording rights, but in the US they always join with another big label. Unless another label within Sony (RCA or Columbia being the only options) sign her now, then she'll not have an album out soon or with Syco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astro is still hustlin' though. He just put out a mixtape (it's FREE!)

http://www.datpiff.com/Astro-Deadbeats-Lazy-Lyrics-mixtape.456791.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    The american X factor winner was signed with LA Reid's label, not Simon's I believe (or am I wong?).

She was signed to Syco and Epic, but Elic were supposed to produce the album and Syco were just going to distribute it in the UK.
    Now that her album is no longer being produced, Syco will have nothing from her to distribute, so Melanie will most likely be dropped by Simon soon as well. He has done nothing to help her career so far, so I don't see him helping her get an album out now...
  • Options
    MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think it's a shame that they both been dropped as they were very talented, especially Melanie after winning the show, she should of at least been able to put out an album but it goes to show even you're talented but have no promo or label support, you can get dropped so quickly in the music industry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    She was signed to Syco and Epic, but Elic were supposed to produce the album and Syco were just going to distribute it in the UK.
    Now that her album is no longer being produced, Syco will have nothing from her to distribute, so Melanie will most likely be dropped by Simon soon as well. He has done nothing to help her career so far, so I don't see him helping her get an album out now...

Syco is for US too, they just arent a Sony Label but they help (Epic, Columbia, RCA) w/ promo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flop Flop, the reality talent shows winners tend to have a very short career. Shame I thought Melanie had a fabulous voice
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not always a short career, there are some exceptions : Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Terry Fator among others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astro is a wonderkid. Will be fine. Too talented to fail.