Kylie is comming back as is tom jones

lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
Forum Member
✭✭
Source is telly mix

Comments

• Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Most of that is just speculation, although the one rumour I do like from the article I read is Jennifer Hudson, amazing voice, Talent Show Alumni and a fabulous Oscar Winning actress- She'd be a really good pick
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I think ITV would want to rebrand it as much as they can, for better or worse, so reverting to bringing back Kylie and Tom Jones doesn't particularly sound like something they'd do.

Jennifer Hudson would be great though.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie was ridiculously annoying last time. I really hope not.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Kylie comes back just as it moves to ITV where pay tends to be drastically higher? Okay.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    I think ITV would want to rebrand it as much as they can, for better or worse, so reverting to bringing back Kylie and Tom Jones doesn't particularly sound like something they'd do.

Jennifer Hudson would be great though.

No just no for the main reason that the contestants do that awful one night only or any other nightmare girls bollox.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    No just no for the main reason that the contestants do that awful one night only or any other nightmare girls bollox.

Unfortunately they tend to do that in any event :D

Jennifer Hudson would be great and is immensely talented, I do wonder though, from ITV's perspective if she has the name recognition in the UK they'd want.
  • NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't been confirmed. The title clearly says: "The Voice UK: Jennifer Hudson tipped to be a coach with Kylie Minogue, Sir Tom, and will.i.am". No confirmation, pure speculation.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES for Jennifer. She'd be an exceptional addition to the show!

A massive NO for Kylie and Tom. They've got to be the two most boring coaches from the BBC era of The Voice. I want all new blood except for Will.i.am.

I'd still want Emma to host. I can give or take Marvin.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jennifer Hudson is not a big name in the uk so really can't see that
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    hope Kylie and Tom both return
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the UK version lasted more than one season, it's AWFUL.
  • Citizen KaneCitizen Kane Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The refreshing difference with the Voice was that the judges could not see the candidates - just listened to their performance without the influence of their appearance. But, after the initial selection process the show became much like the XFactor and other talent shows.

Controversial I know, but how about having this judge line-up...

Stevie Wonder, Andrea Bocelli, Dianne Schuur and Terri Gibson.

If you don't know what I am suggesting.. Google the names!
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The refreshing difference with the Voice was that the judges could not see the candidates - just listened to their performance without the influence of their appearance. But, after the initial selection process the show became much like the XFactor and other talent shows.

Controversial I know, but how about having this judge line-up...

Stevie Wonder, Andrea Bocelli, Dianne Schuur and Terri Gibson.

If you don't know what I am suggesting.. Google the names!

That sounds really cool! I do agree that the concept that it was supposed to be totally about the voice and not your appearance got totally lost. It is becoming too much like the X Factor which is also on ITV, so they really should find a way to make it different from that.

Whoever they choose, I think they should get an all new lineup except for Wil.I.AM. So no Kylie and no Tom Jones. And I'm glad that Boy George and Paloma Faith are not going to be back. I know they have their fans, but I found both of them super annoying.
  • LindaLaHughesLindaLaHughes Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    She's not, she turned the offer down. She recently signed a new record deal and is recording a new album.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not, she turned the offer down. She recently signed a new record deal and is recording a new album.

Yes, it doesn't surprise me. She's done it before, plus there's still a lot of demand for new music from her and for her to tour. So I don't see how being on the Voice would benefit her.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Jennifer Hudson is not a big name in the uk so really can't see that

yeah I've never heard of her.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Yes, it doesn't surprise me. She's done it before, plus there's still a lot of demand for new music from her and for her to tour. So I don't see how being on the Voice would benefit her.

Who has turned it down
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Who has turned it down
    Kylie by the looks of things.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope kylie doesn't turn down the offer
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Her best days in the uk are long gone
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Hudson would be amazing. She honestly has one of the best voices I've heard, and she's sassy. She'd be a huge signing for ITV. I don't understand people who say she's not a big enough name, she clearly is. And people who don't know her will instantly look her up and be impressed, they will then want to watch.

Her original American Idol audition, she was 21 here. Children who don't know please watch and be educated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBW2TPX0AA
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    yeah I've never heard of her.

The only thing I know Jennifer Hudson from is the first Sex and the City film.... and that was for acting not singing.......
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's all this news of Kylie turning down the show? I couldn't find anything on it?