Didn't get one for christmas, they're sold out and too expensive

2»

Comments

• spyrojam86spyrojam86 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    So I didn't get one! Boo hoo! :( I wanted one. I might get one next christmas. Who did get one, and what are they like?
    I sincerely hope that this person did get a Playstation 2 in Christmas 2001! I didn't get a Playstation 2 until Christmas 2002! At the time, I didn't understand the importance of waiting a while for things to come down in price instead of rushing straight into buying things at launch.

What I did get in Christmas 2000 however, in terms of gaming was Spyro Year Of The Dragon for my PSX! :D Played it a lot between Boxing Day in 2000 and New Year's Day 2001! :D
    user name wrote: »
    I had a dreamcast and thought it was so crap I took it back within 2 hours of having it
    As for the Dreamcast, I had one and the only game I ever played on it was a Sonic The Hedgehog game!
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spyrojam86 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that this person did get a Playstation 2 in Christmas 2001! I didn't get a Playstation 2 until Christmas 2002! At the time, I didn't understand the importance of waiting a while for things to come down in price instead of rushing straight into buying things at launch.

What I did get in Christmas 2000 however, in terms of gaming was Spyro Year Of The Dragon for my PSX! :D Played it a lot between Boxing Day in 2000 and New Year's Day 2001! :D

As for the Dreamcast, I had one and the only game I ever played on it was a Sonic The Hedgehog game!

holy resurrection, batman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    i didnt get one for christmas but i couldnt care less, the PS2 from the demos i have seen and reviews i have read is very overated.
    The launch games are all sequels and although are not bad graphically they do not even look as good as the dreamcasts top games

Instead of a PS2 get yourself a dreamcast and you will have much more fun, i got a dreamcast last christmas and it has some of the most original and playable games ever.
    Great games like metropolis street racer, crazy taxi, soul calibur, resident evil code veronica and sonic are dreamcast only and are the best examples of good gameplay you can get and thats without even mentioning the excellent and epic shenmue that is years ahead of anything that squaresoft or sony could come up with

Had to quote this. I know it was a long time ago but knowing what we know now with how dominant the PS2 became, how Sega basically ditched the Dreamcast and pulled out the console game, this is quite funny.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still preferred the Dreamcast.