What is your fav cheesy or classy Who dialogue?

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Hartnell fluffs count? :D

'You'll end up as two burnt cinders flying around in Spain-- er, in space!'
    The Chase

'Magic Mavic Chen'
    The Daleks' Master Plan
  • capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutly hate.
    Jenny, the doctors daughter. Her presence is cheesy and annoyin enough

But i truly hate her first line. "Hello dad" I just want to punch her! Thats it really

Oh dear yes!

That entire episode was not New DWs finest hour (45 minutes even) as it is but she was just teeth gratingly irksome. Like one of those smug attention grabbing harpies you find on the Lloyd Webber talent shows. All T&T and zero talent. :mad:
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Hartnell fluffs count? :D

'You'll end up as two burnt cinders flying around in Spain-- er, in space!'
    The Chase

'Magic Mavic Chen'
    The Daleks' Master Plan

Both great, but neither beats 'if you had remembered to bring your shoes you could have lent her hers'
    The Keys of Marinus
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both great, but neither beats 'if you had remembered to bring your shoes you could have lent her hers'
    The Keys of Marinus

That one makes me think in circles.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one that always sends a terrible shudder of pure cringe down my spine is Martha in S4

'Doctor...it's Martha and I'm bringing you back to earth'

Probably a bit off topic as it is certainly not a favourite though there is something oddly compelling in the whole abominable and smug way she says it. It just sticks out like a very sore thumb and even among some of the fantastical nonsensical beautiful rubbish spoken in DW it sounds very unnatural. It almost sounds more suited for something you would find being uttered by Voiceover Man on cheesy American trailers and seems to have been put there purely to lead into the title sequence.

Utterly utterly horrid!

ooh blimey, forgot about that one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be the "kiss" between CE and BP when he says "I think you need a doctor" - major cheese!!!!!! :D
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo, first ever post in the Doctor Who forum

I LOVE the line in the Fires of Pompeii where the soothsayer goes, 'no man is allowed to enter the temple of the Sybil' and the doctor responds, 'oh that's alright then. Just us girls!'

Always makes me chuckle

also, for some reason I really like it when he calls Amy "Pond"

I love that, and when he shouted "amelia" in a stern techer like voice in VOTD - Brilliant
    ...and to Dr Tryst from 'Nightmare of Eden' with:

'ze professor and I vorked together for many years. Until he died. Then, ve stopped'.:D

great stuff.
    BigBHM wrote: »
    I would like to 'nominate' a GOOD line from this series actually.
    In ep2 when Liz 10 says:

"I'm the bloody Queen, mate"

I love that line and especially the delivery - made me grin on each of the three times I have seen it. :D

Love that too

Another fave is from androids of Tara

"do you mind not standing on my chest my hats on fire"

cheesy as they come but utterly brilliant
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not well known quotes compared to some of the above but my fave three are:

Genesis Of The Daleks. When the Doctor puts his arm across Harry to stop him entering that thingy because he wants tea and is told he will get no further warnings. How does he respond? 'No Tea, Harry!'

Then my other fave Tom Baker moment. Commenting on Scarlioni's butler in City Of Death. 'What a great Butler. He's so terribly Violent!' (Plus every other line in that scene!)

One of my faves though is the sixth Doctor in Mindwarp. the skidaddle technique. He thinks the rak has just winked at Peri. She says cheek. 'No accounting for Alien taste!' he replies!

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You ham fisted bun vendor!"

Think that's the correct quote
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidG_UK wrote: »
    "You ham fisted bun vendor!"

Think that's the correct quote

Not ringing any bells. Are you sure you aren't thinking of 'you ham fisted bungler'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not ringing any bells. Are you sure you aren't thinking of 'you ham fisted bungler'?

lol that might explain why I always thought it was a strange line!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidG_UK wrote: »
    lol that might explain why I always thought it was a strange line!

It would be a nice euphemism if bungler were an obscenity...
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Ham fisted bun vendor" is correct. I think it's from Terror of the Autons.

I'd also nominate "The backblast backlash will bounce back and destroy us all!" from Warriors' Gate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Ham fisted bun vendor" is correct. I think it's from Terror of the Autons.

I'd also nominate "The backblast backlash will bounce back and destroy us all!" from Warriors' Gate.

I'm going to have to check out Terror of the Autons, now. Which episode was it?
  • Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one that always sends a terrible shudder of pure cringe down my spine is Martha in S4

'Doctor...it's Martha and I'm bringing you back to earth'

Probably a bit off topic as it is certainly not a favourite though there is something oddly compelling in the whole abominable and smug way she says it. It just sticks out like a very sore thumb and even among some of the fantastical nonsensical beautiful rubbish spoken in DW it sounds very unnatural. It almost sounds more suited for something you would find being uttered by Voiceover Man on cheesy American trailers and seems to have been put there purely to lead into the title sequence.

Utterly utterly horrid!

Totally agree with you on this one! Dreadful (and made all the worse by Freema's lack of acting skills).
  • Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A favourite of mine is in the parallel universe in Inferno when the Doctor tells the Brigade Leader that he doesn't exist in his world to which the Brigade Leader replies "Then you won't feel the bullets when we shoot you".
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with you on this one! Dreadful (and made all the worse by Freema's lack of acting skills).

Actually that was one of the worst ones, I agree:D:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:eek:
    Hartnell-had no lines for me
    Troughton-none for me
    Pertwee-Neutron flow speech
    T Baker-cant remember what he said but remember him visually
    P Davison-All the small beautiful things-classic , he didnt do cheese really
    C Baker-no lines for me
    S Mcoy-Again dont remmber his lines
    P Mcgann-again cant remember what he said
    Eccleston-ape speech in "Father's day" -didnt really have cheesy lines
    Tennant-allonsy-stays in my head and cheesy lines non e really for me as he delivered lines so good they didnt feel cheesy

Smith-Who da man-love that as a classic
    cheesy -suppose calling a dalek sweet heart is weird ax
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused::eek:I am half and half with Freema , as a character she was sometimes brill sometimes wet and though the dr was rude to her , she did sort of act like a wet school girl though she saved him loads of times , bitter sweet their relation ship axI loved Martha but at times she was car crash tv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the 'I think you need a doctor' line, but the Dalek line about Coffee is pretty cheesier.
    tinny wrote: »
    :confused::eek:I am half and half with Freema , as a character she was sometimes brill sometimes wet and though the dr was rude to her , she did sort of act like a wet school girl though she saved him loads of times , bitter sweet their relation ship axI loved Martha but at times she was car crash tv

What has that got to do with completely cheesey quotes?! Who cares about the fact you think the Doctor is rude to Martha?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    would you like a jelly baby ?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Got to be the "kiss" between CE and BP when he says "I think you need a doctor" - major cheese!!!!!! :D

I think this was the only stain on an otherwise brilliant scene. How that made it in I will never know. I must also admit, it annoys me when Rose says "Every single atom of your existence and I divide them". It just seems very out of place at that moment- the rest seems a little magical and that seemed to be trying to hard to get a little bit of science in there. Am I making any sense, haha????

That said, apparently the most cheesy line was in Fear Her, but I never realised what that was :eek:
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    "There's nothing you can do to stop this catharsis of spurious morality!"
    from TOATL. Awful, but strangly poetic in its ineptitude.
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I think this was the only stain on an otherwise brilliant scene. How that made it in I will never know. I must also admit, it annoys me when Rose says "Every single atom of your existence and I divide them". It just seems very out of place at that moment- the rest seems a little magical and that seemed to be trying to hard to get a little bit of science in there.

It always irked me that when Sarah Jane and Rose were trying to one-up each other in School Reunion Rose didn't say the ultimate one-up.

Sarah Jane: Daleks!
    Rose: Met the emperor. Killed him

To paraphrase Capt. Jack, "Genocide's OK when you're blonde!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this was the only stain on an otherwise brilliant scene. How that made it in I will never know. I must also admit, it annoys me when Rose says "Every single atom of your existence and I divide them". It just seems very out of place at that moment- the rest seems a little magical and that seemed to be trying to hard to get a little bit of science in there. Am I making any sense, haha????

That said, apparently the most cheesy line was in Fear Her, but I never realised what that was :eek:

There's seldom a good-sounding line about atoms. What about:

'She's just atoms, Doctor!'

Feh!