Should consoles go back to just playing games

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    Should mobile phones go back to just being phones? ;)

That's all my phone is. I got a cheap one for £10 that doesn't even have a camera on it let alone lots of apps and I don't text :p
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    Should mobile phones go back to just being phones? ;)

yes would be nice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they shouldn't. I like having a gaming system, blu ray and DVD player, freeview with recordable ability and film streaming all in one 'box'

That said, gaming should always be the priority.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Nope.

Take the extra feature - the blu ray.

When Sony were designing the ps3, fancy new HD graphics were going to have to be implemented, so the old disks were never going to be a viable option, as they wouldn't be able to hold near enough data for a game. So they had a look around, and pushed blu ray as theres heaps more space on them. Why not throw in the ability to actually play blu rays and thats that. Wasn't going to burden Sony too much as they had to find a new way to do things anyway. Not really an extra feature.

Take the extra feature - music.

Nothing really out of the ordinary here. If the ps3 can play blu rays, then surely playing cd's isn't going to cause too many problems. And seen as the system uses a HDD, adding the ability to store music on it asain wasnt going to cause too much problems.

Take the extra feature - streaming.

Other people have covered this. Doesn't add to the cost of the machine. Usersd option if they want to use it! I do. Its great. I can watch Lovefilm and Netflix on my nive 40" telly, instead of the tiny tiny laptop screen with sh1t sound.

There are more but these extra features arent a strain on the machine, it was always going to be an expensive piece of kit. ANd as somebody pointed out, if you want to use it for just gaming, then you can do just that.

The only things that sit under my telly now are the ps3, and my Wii, which never gets used. I put the Wii away as I never played it but took it out again cuz there was somethin I wanted to play on it, but can't remember now.