Narrowing it down but.....

Taking the plunge on Wednesday and have narrowed it down to 2 possibly 3 but I think one is a NTSC U.S model!

First is the Samsung LE32R51BD seems a good all-rounder and gets good reviews

Second is the Hitachi 32LD7200 which I have heard buzz’s so I am not to keen on now!

Also I have seen a review for a Samsung LN-R328W which looks the same as a Samsung LE32R51BD and came up trumps but I think it’s a U.S model am I right?

Any suggestions on either would be greatly appreciated as I don’t want to buy a £1000+ crap telly :)

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there,

I took the plunge last Friday and decided to go and buy the Samsung LE32T51B. From what I could tell, the only differences were as follows:

The LE32T51B lacks the "HD Ready" sticker (see the next point below) but it's still the same resolution screen as the LE32R51BD and in all other ways APPEARS to conform to the standards.

The LE32T51B doesn't have a HDMI socket, but it does have a DVI with HDCP. No great shakes to me as my sound all goes through my 5.1 system and the TV is always on mute! (it still has 2 Scarts, 1 is RGB, VGA, Component, composite and S-Video sockets)

The LE32T51B has a better contrast ratio of 2000:1 as opposed to 800:1 on the LE32R51BD.

And Finally, the LE32T51B doesn't have a freeview digital tuner... boo-hoo, I don't even have an aerial anymore, everything comes from sky+ now for me.

My overall impression of the LE32T51 is superb, the picture quality is great, I'm more than happy with the quality of the RGB output from Sky and since I bought the Samsung HD850 HDMI upscaling DVD player at the same time, I've got to say that the DVD quality is absolutely fantastic. It's been said many times before that more people would buy if the shops showed the capabilities of a good quality LCD better. Get my set-up playing Lord of the Rings trilogy on DVD (I spent the weekend watching all 3 extended versions I was that impressed with the quality) they'd shift them by the bucket load.

Now, as to why I decided on the LE32T51B... I bought it from Costco in Birmingham for £750 including VAT, for that price I was more than willing to forgo the extras available to the LE32R51BD. Besides which, I went to Maplins and bought a DVI-HDMI converter for 30 quid, so now my TV DOES have a HDMI socket, albeit without the sound. lol

And it also has a nice totally black surround, none of that cheap looking silver malarkey.

If you still decide to go for the LE32R51BD, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Please, if I'm incorrect with any of the above assuptions guys, correct me. I don't profess to be a HD expert and wouldn't like to mislead anyone. :)