Options

stv news - site error

kezokezo Posts: 11,086
Forum Member
✭✭
i was checking out the stv site under the schedule its says...

6.00pm - stv news - edinburgh
6.00pm - stv news - glasgow
6.00pm - stv news - aberdeen
6.00pm - stv news - dundee

sorry to bring attention but us in north east DON'T have separate bulletins to Glasgow or Edinburgh

We only get the "5 min" for dundee and on +1 its Aberdeen feed

So technically thats wrong what they are saying (and i would think if you viewed the dundee online news you would possibly get that segment) so whats the point advertising on site?

is should really say

6.00pm - stv news - aberdeen/dundee - should it not?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, that would be completely the wrong method.

Saying 'STV Aberdeen/Dundee' is completely misleading if you actually live in the north-east because:

a) STV News at Six Aberdeen is a completely seperate programme from the STV News at Six bulletins in Glasgow and Edinburgh and

b) The bulletin you see when living in the North and North-east is entirely from Aberdeen, there is no Dundee-located part of the programme.

Arguably if you live in Tayside and NE Fife (not the North-East) your bulletin is not completely a Dundee bulletin. However, it does feature more Dundee content than the Aberdeen bulletin and one imagines if the Edinburgh 30minutes pilot is successful then it may also be transferred to Dundee getting a seperate 30 minute programme too.

But then, you just love a good STV-bash, so this thread is already slanted, and fairly pointless really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbc4ever wrote: »
    No, that would be completely the wrong method.

Saying 'STV Aberdeen/Dundee' is completely misleading if you actually live in the north-east because:

a) STV News at Six Aberdeen is a completely seperate programme from the STV News at Six bulletins in Glasgow and Edinburgh and

b) The bulletin you see when living in the North and North-east is entirely from Aberdeen, there is no Dundee-located part of the programme.

Arguably if you live in Tayside and NE Fife (not the North-East) your bulletin is not completely a Dundee bulletin. However, it does feature more Dundee content than the Aberdeen bulletin and one imagines if the Edinburgh 30minutes pilot is successful then it may also be transferred to Dundee getting a seperate 30 minute programme too.

But then, you just love a good STV-bash, so this thread is already slanted, and fairly pointless really.

I was not bashing I was actually making a point - and yes I do stay in the North East and info you gave me I already knew that. I was wondering why advertise it on the site as SEPARATE when the bulletin is not?

How is it pointless? They have not sorted out the feeds to Sky customers no matter the area coverage and fixing the +1 feed for the news in the areas - explain how they will resolve these issues?

I get the STV North coverage and no there is not much Dundee coverage mostly North as I said above Dundee only gets 5 Minutes

and also if you ACTUALLY read the title I said SITE ERROR - there was nothing in it "bashing" about STV I was actually querying it
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply all it means is viewers on the STV site get the correct sub-opt section of the STV North news bulletin if they watch online.

A fuss over nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simply all it means is viewers on the STV site get the correct sub-opt section of the STV North news bulletin if they watch online.

A fuss over nothing.

I understand that ... so to catch up with your LOCAL go online fine but whats the point? - as I say they advertise it as to think we are getting OUR own bulletin and we aint as I said above would be alot better saying "aberdeen/dundee" since thats the way it ran when it was under Grampian - I rarely check my online local bulletin anyway as it would mostly be watching it during the 6pm bulletin plus I very much doubt there will be anything extra online to view to what I see.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the STV news at 6 now coming from Edinburgh.

Darren
  • Options
    StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I understand that ... so to catch up with your LOCAL go online fine but whats the point? - as I say they advertise it as to think we are getting OUR own bulletin and we aint as I said above would be alot better saying "aberdeen/dundee" since thats the way it ran when it was under Grampian - I rarely check my online local bulletin anyway as it would mostly be watching it during the 6pm bulletin plus I very much doubt there will be anything extra online to view to what I see.

Your just making a mountain out of a molehill and being overly pedantic or have a case of OCD.
    I see nothing wrong with them saying STV News - Dundee. What you expecting them to do? Change it so they both say Aberdeen/Dundee to keep you happy? If so how can Joe Bloogs select the version with the Dundee Opt-out when both say the same thing? Frankly your just being silly and need to get out more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StevenNT wrote: »
    Your just making a mountain out of a molehill and being overly pedantic or have a case of OCD.
    I see nothing wrong with them saying STV News - Dundee. What you expecting them to do? Change it so they both say Aberdeen/Dundee to keep you happy? If so how can Joe Bloogs select the version with the Dundee Opt-out when both say the same thing? Frankly your just being silly and need to get out more.

sorry I do get out and about I was pointing out an error - I was not bashing or anything like that. There is such a thing as when you see mistakes in front of you - you at least warn others about it - but I guess its ok for everyone to bash the BBC Sky and Virgin ETC but you are not allowed to criticise STV on anything?? - wow its like leading the blind with the blind .. as I said and will say again it was an error i picked up and was bringing attention of others so where the heck everyone gets the bashing idea need to grow up.

Regardless not everyone uses the internet to go online and I volunteer with elderly so I aint stupid. I think its actually time that some actually looked at things in a bigger perspective than a small perspective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was not bashing I was actually making a point - and yes I do stay in the North East and info you gave me I already knew that. I was wondering why advertise it on the site as SEPARATE when the bulletin is not?

Firstly, NO NEED TO USE CAPITALS. Shouting doesn't help your already pointless argument.

You obviously don't understand why they have done this, which is fair enough to yourself, but don't pretend it is an 'error' on their part.

To advertise it as 'STV News Aberdeen/Dundee' would be the error as there is quite clearly a point in the bulletin where they are seperate.

Listing it as they have done is how it is broadcast; 1 STV News at Six has an extra round-up for the North & North-east whilst 1 STV News at Six has an extra round-up for Tayside and Fife. They don't both go out, it is one or the other, so what do you suggest STV do? Re-edit the STV News at Six online version to have the two round-ups shown one after the other just to keep you happy? A fairly pointless exercise.
    How is it pointless? They have not sorted out the feeds to Sky customers no matter the area coverage and fixing the +1 feed for the news in the areas - explain how they will resolve these issues?

This is irrelevant to the point and has nothing to do with 'stv news - site error' as you have so eloquently titled this thread.
    I get the STV North coverage and no there is not much Dundee coverage mostly North as I said above Dundee only gets 5 Minutes

Exactly, you disprove your point right here. You get the STV Aberdeen show, which does not broadcast the Dundee opt-out. 30 minutes, or 5 minutes is irrelevant - you do not get the Dundee round-up. People in Dundee do and may wish to view this version online as it was broadcast in their area.
    and also if you ACTUALLY read the title I said SITE ERROR - there was nothing in it "bashing" about STV I was actually querying it

No, of course, how could I. You haven't already made it abundantly clear on DS that you can't stand STV, so you obviously have no agenda whatsoever in creating a thread which others, not just myself, have pointed out is pointless, and actually incorrect. Nowhere do STV pretend the bulletin listed is a separate 30 minutes from Dundee, but it does differ from the 30 minutes one might see if viewing from Aberdeen.

Perhaps eventually we may see 30 minutes from each of the main 4 Scottish cities, but regardless, until then, if you live in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee or Glasgow, no 1 city sees exactly the same bulletin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbc4ever wrote: »
    Firstly, NO NEED TO USE CAPITALS. Shouting doesn't help your already pointless argument.

You obviously don't understand why they have done this, which is fair enough to yourself, but don't pretend it is an 'error' on their part.

To advertise it as 'STV News Aberdeen/Dundee' would be the error as there is quite clearly a point in the bulletin where they are seperate.

Listing it as they have done is how it is broadcast; 1 STV News at Six has an extra round-up for the North & North-east whilst 1 STV News at Six has an extra round-up for Tayside and Fife. They don't both go out, it is one or the other, so what do you suggest STV do? Re-edit the STV News at Six online version to have the two round-ups shown one after the other just to keep you happy? A fairly pointless exercise.

This is irrelevant to the point and has nothing to do with 'stv news - site error' as you have so eloquently titled this thread.

Exactly, you disprove your point right here. You get the STV Aberdeen show, which does not broadcast the Dundee opt-out. 30 minutes, or 5 minutes is irrelevant - you do not get the Dundee round-up. People in Dundee do and may wish to view this version online as it was broadcast in their area.

No, of course, how could I. You haven't already made it abundantly clear on DS that you can't stand STV, so you obviously have no agenda whatsoever in creating a thread which others, not just myself, have pointed out is pointless, and actually incorrect. Nowhere do STV pretend the bulletin listed is a separate 30 minutes from Dundee, but it does differ from the 30 minutes one might see if viewing from Aberdeen.

Perhaps eventually we may see 30 minutes from each of the main 4 Scottish cities, but regardless, until then, if you live in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee or Glasgow, no 1 city sees exactly the same bulletin.

if you actually go their site it does say 30 mins for dundee and does say for aberdeen 30 mins - well it would be alot easier then would it not then to phase this in NOW rather than everyone going online? So why take longer for us to get the changes and the rest of scotland do? - example people mentioned that there was new titles on the news shows and yet up in the grampian region we still have the old ones? - if STV is to act like a network surely then HQ should be speaking to them all and giving all areas the same thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry I do get out and about I was pointing out an error - I was not bashing or anything like that. There is such a thing as when you see mistakes in front of you - you at least warn others about it - but I guess its ok for everyone to bash the BBC Sky and Virgin ETC but you are not allowed to criticise STV on anything?? - wow its like leading the blind with the blind .. as I said and will say again it was an error i picked up and was bringing attention of others so where the heck everyone gets the bashing idea need to grow up.

Regardless not everyone uses the internet to go online and I volunteer with elderly so I aint stupid. I think its actually time that some actually looked at things in a bigger perspective than a small perspective.

It's not an "error" as far as I can tell so still think your making a big deal out of nothing. "STV News at Six - Dundee" is a valid description in my view given it has the Dundee opt-out. If it did not, then there is a reason to comment about it. Given you personally started this pointless thread over nothing maybe you need to grow up rather than us?
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bashing or SITE ERROR. As mentioned, STV Aberdeen has the Aberdeen opt out half way through and the STV Dundee has the Dundee Opt out. no Site Error, Exaple If you live in Dundee area you want to click on the DUNDEE Link. As you will know you will get the mini bulletin that affects your area.

It's like ITV have their sub-regions within certain 'bigger' regions (Border/Tyne Tees, Meridian, Westcountry etc)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an "error" as far as I can tell so still think your making a big deal out of nothing. "STV News at Six - Dundee" is a valid description in my view given it has the Dundee opt-out. If it did not, then there is a reason to comment about it. Given you personally started this pointless thread over nothing maybe you need to grow up rather than us?

if you actually go their site - it states a 30 minute bulletin for us which in FACT is not we only get 5 minutes everyday in the opt out. I am being grown up about it - You lot just do not seem to get what I am actually saying but then you all seem to think the sun shines out of STV when at times it clearly does not, When I said error I did find it strange why it said that as I thought we actually DID get a different bulletin to Aberdeen (full 30 min) but as I said we do not and I thought to ask and bring attention to it that was all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bashing or SITE ERROR. As mentioned, STV Aberdeen has the Aberdeen opt out half way through and the STV Dundee has the Dundee Opt out. no Site Error, Exaple If you live in Dundee area you want to click on the DUNDEE Link. As you will know you will get the mini bulletin that affects your area.

It's like ITV have their sub-regions within certain 'bigger' regions (Border/Tyne Tees, Meridian, Westcountry etc)

I agree with you there - but I was only just pointing out that it was saying we had a full 30 min bulletin from Dundee and which we clearly don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you actually go their site - it states a 30 minute bulletin for us which in FACT is not we only get 5 minutes everyday in the opt out. I am being grown up about it - You lot just do not seem to get what I am actually saying but then you all seem to think the sun shines out of STV when at times it clearly does not, When I said error I did find it strange why it said that as I thought we actually DID get a different bulletin to Aberdeen (full 30 min) but as I said we do not and I thought to ask and bring attention to it that was all.

Oh get a life, you clearly have OCD over a pointless issue. It is a 30 minute bulletin and one that is valid for the area in question. What more do you want? If you really care contact STV rather than posting a stupid thread over it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where does it specifically say "30 minutes of news from Dundee"? Well, it doesn't, so there's no point arguing. Why bother puting "STV News at Six - Aberdeen (with an extra round-up from Dundee" just to keep you happy? Viewers are quite clear that there is an extra 5 minutes from Dundee version and an extra 5 minutes from Aberdeen version, so it hardly needs to be spelt out.

Further, just because we disagree from your pointless STV bashing doesnt mean we think "the sun shines out of STV". It just means we disagree with you, because you're wrong. No point picking faults with an organisation where there are none, in this regard anyway.

The Edinburgh news is a 6 month pilot being tried out by STV. If it is a success, I imagine the format (which includes the locally focussed sets/graphics as well) will be rolled out across Scotland. But given STV are a commercial organisation, it would be pretty stupid for them to spend money on areas not affected by the pilot, only to see the pilot not then happen six months down the line. People like you would probably then come one and set up a thread like 'STV waste money redecorating sets' or some other fairly pointless endeavour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh get a life, you clearly have OCD over a pointless issue. It is a 30 minute bulletin and one that is valid for the area in question. What more do you want? If you really care contact STV rather than posting a stupid thread over it. :rolleyes:

Yeah right contact STV they basically ignore what the viewers want:rolleyes:

It's obvious that when people want to make views known no matter what other people are not willing to listen ... but that's fine I am more glad I posted it at least no matter how you describe but not everything in this world is "pointless" but then again there is always an OFF button which I do use alot so it does not put me up or down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's obvious that when people want to make views known no matter what other people are not willing to listen ... but that's fine I am more glad I posted it at least no matter how you describe but not everything in this world is "pointless" but then again there is always an OFF button which I do use alot so it does not put me up or down.

Your right I give your that. Not everything is "pointless" in life but this thread is pointless and only makes you look rather silly. I'm not saying you personally are but certainly come across as silly to make a thread over a non issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I assume by 'viewers' you mean you? Well, We don't all agree with your viewpoints, and don't aggravate things further by using the old adage of declaring your viewpoint as one of the majority, when it clearly is not.

Then why start this thread if you haven't listened to a single thing anyone has said to you? What is the point of a discussion when you reuse to discuss anything? Not a single person so far has agreed with you, so what does that tell you about your arguments? Don't dare be arrogant enough to assume we are all wrong/stupid/on STV's payroll, when that is blatantly not the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your right I give your that. Not everything is "pointless" in life but this thread is pointless and only makes you look rather silly. I'm not saying you personally are but certainly come across as silly to make a thread over a non issue.

its not a non-issue, and I am not being silly, I was only making a point as I said it was addressed on their site and the way it looked I actually thought Dundee did have its own bulletin but not everything I post is silly, its more of concerns that people don't really see and that companies like them should be doing alot more than just use online - Ok fair enough I prefer ITV to STV anyday but when I am making points its concerns for my particular area (you must understand it from my point of view) but I will admit if things come across as offensive or angry its not like that and its just me being me - I rather at least be humourous on topics but seems like at times its all serious - look I rather call it a truce here with you and others on this thread but please understand I was just making a point and nothing more.