Come Dine With Me 2011

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, they are awful
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    I feel very sorry for Michaela and Kevin, and having just seen the 'coming up' it may be Kevin is the only reasonable one of the 4.

Bring back people who want to eat and be sociable please!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't enjoyed Come Dine With Me for the last three weeks or so. Are they ever going to get any nice people on there again? I only watch it now for Dave's comments :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwould wrote: »
    I feel very sorry for Michaela and Kevin, and having just seen the 'coming up' it may be Kevin is the only reasonable one of the 4.

Bring back people who want to eat and be sociable please!!!!

Michaela? I think she was worse than Sara who is also easily in the top ten of worst Come Dine With Me contestants ever.

Michaela, for someone with so much blubber doesn't like food much does she - I say rubbing my chin.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's have a DS CDWM ...

I'll do night one, menu will be

Spicy Crab Tart with a sweet chilli jam
    Chicken in a mushroom, cream and brandy sauce, served with roasties and veg
    Red Velvet Cupcakes with vanilla ice cream

When you arrive it will be Kir Royal, and wines served with dinner
    Entertainment is a game of Singstar

Points please ......
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy from The Ivy said Chicken Kiev was one of the best sellers at his restaurant
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy from The Ivy said Chicken Kiev was one of the best sellers at his restaurant

Kevin got it wrong anyway because what he served was not Chicken Kiev - chicken stuffed with garlic and herb butter.

Chicken stuffed with cheese and ham is Chicken Cordon Bleu. Putting cheese inside and wrapping Parma ham on the outside as Kevin did is a variation on this and it's certainly not Chicken Kiev.
  • Annie1fortennisAnnie1fortennis Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I hadn't watched this. What a bunch of nasty people. I won't watch it again and I used to love it. :cry:
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's have a DS CDWM ...

Points please ......
    Allergic to shellfish so can't eat starter but everything else was superb...

I'll give You an 8
  • pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's have a DS CDWM ...

Points please ......

7 for the food, although I am not keen on the cupcakes (never usually eat desert) would have been an 8 but for the entertainment :)

My menu:

Moules a la creme and home made rolls, chicken liver terrine for seafood allergics

Slow cooked mutton Madras, basmati rice, bombay potatoes and home made lamd samosas

Chocolate profiteroles and/or a cheeseboard
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly couldn't believe my eyes watching last night's show. The four contestants just didn't gel from the very beginning, and there was bitching going on from all angles!

Why is it that four people find it so difficult to enjoy four meals in the company of others?

Sarah's soup looked rank :(

It's getting more difficult to watch CDWM because it's all about personalities and who can give the cattiest comments. I watched a repeat the other day on More4 from an earlier series and what a difference! It was much more about the food and some gentle mocking.
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,084
    Forum Member
    Mr. Chips wrote: »
    It's getting more difficult to watch CDWM because it's all about personalities and who can give the cattiest comments. I watched a repeat the other day on More4 from an earlier series and what a difference! It was much more about the food and some gentle mocking.

I think I probably watched the same one. I remember remarking to my OH how much better it was than more recent episodes, which seem to be stacked with Big Brother wannabes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I think this one showed the least cooking I have seen in a long while. It was mostly them at the table ripping each other or doing an interview ripping each other. I hope the producers are reading this thread. I follow the show on facebook and the comments are similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the Liverpool CDWM? it was the one with the Vegan who tried to convert everyone and the Lady Councillor who served drinks on the beach and the winner got 39 which is the highest score ever, I have just seen Nikki the Vegan Girl on the local news protesting about a circus that uses animal acts!
    Forum Member
    number six wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Liverpool CDWM? it was the one with the Vegan who tried to convert everyone and the Lady Councillor who served drinks on the beach and the winner got 39 which is the highest score ever, I have just seen Nikki the Vegan Girl on the local news protesting about a circus that uses animal acts!

I remember that one. The 39 seemed very well-deserved and didn't the runner up also get a massive score - 36 or 37?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member

That repeat was on not too long ago. Its like watching a sad movie where you now the main character is going to die at the end but you just hope he doesnt. When I see it, I keep wishing that old granny will give him a ten but she never does. And no one has even come close to that score with four or five contestants. Damned granny!
    Forum Member
    Just checked on 4oD - the runner-up that week got 37 and even 3rd place got 33, a very respectable score.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was one of my favourite weeks. He posted on here at the time and I was trying to make him admit that he fancied the vegan. :o
  • CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a few repeats this week- just had to say I think Alison from the week of Luigi Martin and Noorani, who finished last of the four, was a really nice lady.

Luigi with the hot tub, Elvis and the chef coming in to help him won.
    (if you don't remember them their piccies are all at this link, just scroll down, you'll find Noorani first).
    http://comedinewithmerecipes.weebly.com/1/previous/3.html
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,081
    Forum Member
    I haven't enjoyed Come Dine With Me for the last three weeks or so. Are they ever going to get any nice people on there again? I only watch it now for Dave's comments :D

Sadly, I don't even like Dave's comments any more - they've gone from the occasional gentle mocking aside in a normal commentary (which made it all the more funny), to a constant stream of downright nastiness :(
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    suki c wrote: »
    Sadly, I don't even like Dave's comments any more - they've gone from the occasional gentle mocking aside in a normal commentary (which made it all the more funny), to a constant stream of downright nastiness :(

We've thought that the last few weeks, the comments are sometimes really very nasty. It's a shame as we've always loved the show.

To those who are going off it though, I'd say have break from it it and go back to it. we'd got a bit bored and didn't wacth for a while, now we're back into it it seems quite fun again,probably because you realise it's still better than most of the rubbish on TV, even with the BB wannabes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Kevin got it wrong anyway because what he served was not Chicken Kiev - chicken stuffed with garlic and herb butter.

Chicken stuffed with cheese and ham is Chicken Cordon Bleu. Putting cheese inside and wrapping Parma ham on the outside as Kevin did is a variation on this and it's certainly not Chicken Kiev.

It was a crap show on Friday. I realyl didn't like Kevin, thinking he was s class above o dear. I didn't like the others either talk about holding grudges. Move on people move on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could make sausages for me any time.
  • Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The big lady don't like sausages, bet they feel the same about her :D
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Sausage TRIFLE? Yukkitty yuk!
This discussion has been closed.