Fifa 13 Thread!

Comments

• Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played for the first time last night, thought I'd just try Ultimate Team, see what all the fuss was about....I'm totally addicted. Not even looked at the other modes yet.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I played for the first time last night, thought I'd just try Ultimate Team, see what all the fuss was about....I'm totally addicted. Not even looked at the other modes yet.

Normaly i dont bother with UT but this years fifa seems to of sucked me into it lol.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I wish your ultimate team from 12 could've transferred to 13, or at least get some coins for the team you used to have :(
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Trading on UT13 is so much easier this year. I managed to bag so many bargains over the weekend and made a small fortune, helped along by my incredible pack luck.

Just might keep on going to try to get to a million.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Trading on UT13 is so much easier this year. I managed to bag so many bargains over the weekend and made a small fortune, helped along by my incredible pack luck.

Just might keep on going to try to get to a million.

A million?! :eek: how the hell did you manage that? i struggle to reach a couple of thousand! I don't know how to do it properly :( my team sucks so i can't win games and I can't get any decent players because I can't win games with my poor team and I refuse to spend real money on it. It's so frustrating because I really think the mode could be good if I had a bit of luck with it.
    Forum Member
    I'm not on a million now! When the web app was up i bought alot of players on the cheap.

i bought 5 x Podolski at under 7k - sold them for 30k each when the game came out. Then on the first day when everyone was opening packs i bought about 10 Inform Kroos's for around 14k each and iv'e been selling him for 25k+ and i also bought about 100 formation cards for 150 coins each and iv'e been selling them for anything between 1000 to 5000 coins each.

I did trade a lot on UT12 so i know what prices most things settle at.

Edit: I also spent 1200msp on packs on the first day:o But i got incredibly lucky and managed to bag Suarez,Lampard,Gomez, Neuer and Cavani!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow you were lucky! and fair enough, thats a good way of doing it. I didnt even know there was a web app lol I didn't play UT on Fifa 12 that much any advice for a noob? lol
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Normaly i dont bother with UT but this years fifa seems to of sucked me into it lol.

Me neither! I tried last year briefly but didn't really get it, this year Im well and truly sucked in

Im blindly buying and selling atm tho lol, think its the novelty - I need to settle down and actually think about what I want to do with my team!
    Forum Member
    I'll post some tips later on, I'm out atm.
    Forum Member
    How do you quit a season in UT? I started one offline but my team has too high a star rating and I can't play it but I can't see where to start another one? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok cheers He4rt :) and ive got the same problem OMTT i think uv just got to play the remainding games unfortunately
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got Neymar in a pack yesterday, sold for around 100,000, think thats my luck for all year run out now so no more pack buying!
    Forum Member
    Ok here it goes.

For new players the best thing you can do at first is buy the UT rewards that are available at the main screen. I've just managed to get to level 40 so iv'e just purchased the 1000 x 10 reward that gives me an extra 1000 coins for the next 10 games regardless of result.

The best and easiest way I've found to make coins is formation cards. The prices i sell them for are as follows

4-5-1 cards = 1000 coins
    4-3-2-1 cards = 1900 coins
    4-2-3-1 cards = 1200 coins
    4-3-1-2 cards = 1400 coins
    4-3-3 cards = 3800 coins
    4-4-2 cards = 4000 coins
    4-4-1-1 cards = 1500 coins
    4-1-2-1-2 cards = 5300 coins
    4-2-2-2 cards = 1500 coins

I don't buy any other cards because they don't sell at a price that makes it worth while.

The best time to buy formation cards are when people are opening packs, so around 7pm on Wednesdays is a good time because that's when the new team of the week comes out and lots of people want the new players. This week for example there is a good chance of an IF Suarez dut to his hatrick over the weekend. Lots of people put formation cards up for 150 starts so i usually bid up to 500 coins for any non shiny formation starting with a 4 and up to 2000 coins for 4-4-2's, 4-3-3's or 4-1-2-1-2's.

I at the moment i have 30 cards on the auction, sometimes i may not sell any, but during busy times i may sell 4 or 5, but i just keep putting them up over and over until they're all gone.I usually play games and tournaments while i'm selling to make even more coins.

If your buying and selling players a good site to use is Ultimatedb.nl. Click on xbox or ps3 trading and type the players name your interested in at the top and it will give you an average price the player goes for aswell as a chart to show you how the players price has increased or decreased over the past few days.
    Forum Member
    Ok cheers He4rt :) and ive got the same problem OMTT i think uv just got to play the remainding games unfortunately

I can't actually play a match though! lol So ill need to get some bronze packs just to play through it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good tips there cheers mate :) I'll give them a try over the next few days.

And sorry OMTT I have no idea lol it seems like you'll have to buy the cards to get u through the tournament lol
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start off with a few tips He4rt will no doubt add to them

For making your team, chemistry is key, the more chemistry you have the better your team plays. The highest chemistry any player can have is 9, so 11 players with 9 chemistry = 99 plus 1 chemistry from your manager with the right formation = 100. It is essential to go far in Ultimate team to have high chemistry.

Chemistry is gained by playing a player in his position, in his formation, and with either international, club or players from the same league. So when making a new team pick either a nationality, a league or a club, then decide on a formation start your team.

About formations, the most expensive formations are the popular ones, a player in the 4-1-2-1-2 will be worth a lot more than the same player with a 5-2-1-2. If a player is in demand, lets say Nasri, costs about 40k but with a 4-1-2-1-2 you would be looking at about 3 or 4k more, (but if you were to change it yourself a 4-1-2-1-2 formation card will set you back about 4-5k). Cheap formation cards can cost as little as 200 but they are the less popular formations 5-2-1-2 or 3-5-2 etc. So formation can be a big cost factor while building your team.

Opening packs is of course the easiest way to build a team, I spent 2100 points on packs and in one of my first packs I got Fabregas (very lucky). So i was left with a choice, build a team around this player or sell him and build an entirely new team with the 30k I would make from selling him. I chose the later, and am plodding along with my quite cheap German league team in a 3-5-2 formation slowly climbing the leagues.

Also if you are new to FUT opening packs is the easiest way to make a great team, but its purely down to luck. i know people that have spent 6000 points several times and got nobody higher than an 84 rated player.

And finally when selling do not under price your item, always know what you card sells for. Always check the price and list it around the price it sells for. Sure you could list it for 150 start and yes most cards will sell for the true value but the servers are dodgy, last Saturday the was huge lag and players were going for next to nothing. And as for a buy now price, you really need to know the true value. There are people who hang round the auction house on the 59th minute waiting for people to list under priced cards and they snap them up. There is a thread on the EA forum with all their bargains.

Also should add that using the web app to buy cards, sort team etc is much faster than using the console, although it goes off-line sometimes http://www.ea.com/uk/football/login

I should also add that signing into anything that is not EA is most likely a scam to steal your players and any Microsoft/PS3 points. Anything claiming to be able to duplicate players is a scam and anybody offering you anything for free is a scam. Anybody asking you to send them a player is a scam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to FUT and don't really understand it so forgive me if these question are really simple

So i get the basic idea is to buy packs and make the best team possible but i have some questions

How much could i earn from doing an offline season of ten games? As i feel this might be the quickest way for me to get coins

What is the star limit of the team for each division?

(and now for the one if really ashamed to ask)

What are the consumables for? do i not just get to use a player as often as i like when i've got him from a card?
    Forum Member
    What speedloafer said:D

Also,the game is new at the moment so people are stll opening a lot of packs.Last year 4-1-2-1-2 cards were between 7000 and 10000 coins so i expect prices to rise soon.
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'm new to FUT and don't really understand it so forgive me if these question are really simple

So i get the basic idea is to buy packs and make the best team possible but i have some questions

How much could i earn from doing an offline season of ten games? As i feel this might be the quickest way for me to get coins

(and now for the one if really ashamed to ask)

What are the consumables for? do i not just get to use a player as often as i like when i've got him from a card?

Iv'e been spamming the ultimate tournament which has a 3k prize,added to match earnings it makes you about 5k per hour.

Not done seasons yet but i don't think there are any limits in online leagues.

You can use consumables on a player as often as you like. Formation cards change a players prefered formation, and position cards change a players position. This is so your players can have full chemistry. Speedloafer explains the chemistry better in his post. There are also contract,moral and fitness cards. Each player needs contracts to play,and a player with low moral will play a lot worse. If a player is not fit he will be more likely to be injured which is why there are injury consumable cards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Iv'e been spamming the ultimate tournament which has a 3k prize,added to match earnings it makes you about 5k per hour.

Not done seasons yet but i don't think there are any limits in online leagues.

You can use consumables on a player as often as you like. Formation cards change a players prefered formation, and position cards change a players position. This is so your players can have full chemistry. Speedloafer explains the chemistry better in his post. There are also contract,moral and fitness cards. Each player needs contracts to play,and a player with low moral will play a lot worse. If a player is not fit he will be more likely to be injured which is why there are injury consumable cards.

Thanks for the reply, i've been going through the menus for about 20+ minutes just getting familar with everything

I just have one more question though, where is the best place to check to players value so i can get a rough idea of how much i should list them for at auction

I just got Chamakh in one of my first packs and he is one of my highest rated players and i'm debating whether to put him up for auction but without knowing his value i don't know how much to offer him for

Also can you set a minimum amount during actions so that you don't sell a player to cheap

Once i know about auctions i feel that i might finally be able to get a foot hold in FUT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, you can also buy the players straight form the auction house with the points you earned. If you mean spending real-life money to buy points and in turn packs then yes this method is way faster, but it costs cash and its very dependant on your luck of course.

The online prizes are worth a lot more, Example div 4 prize is 2400 offline 4000 online. No idea what the higher ones are.

No star limit in seasons, offline you will just increase difficulty as you move up a division. Online you will face players who are in the same division as you.

No, each player has fitness, contracts (number of games he can play), and morale. Press the right stick across on your stick to see each cards fitness contracts and morale. Low fitness is obvious, you can rest him for a game or two and it will replenish or use a card. Contract cards are used to give your player more games and morale depends on your results, your players will play better with higher morale, winning games increases and losing decreases. Also there are injuries which you an wait until your player has recovered or use a card. Then you have formation cards, (used to change your players formation). Position cards, (change position) the position available are LB>LWB and vice versa, RB>RWB and vice versa. CDM>CM, CM>CAM, CAM>CF, CF>ST and vice versa. LM>LW, LW>LF, RM>RW, RW>RF and vice versa. Some of these cards are 4k+ easy, (CF>ST) Im not sure the exact prices either so don't just wait them :)

You will need a steady supply of contract cards (150 for a gold contract card), the rest are optional and are usually bought when needed. Managers will also need a contract card.
    I just have one more question though, where is the best place to check to players value so i can get a rough idea of how much i should list them for at auction

http://ultimatedb.nl/ Prices are average so not always exact as demand increases and decreases.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My numbers on online/offline prize differences may be wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Speedloafer and He4rt for the help, i've already played ultimate team more than i have on any previous fifa game

I'm loving that its a fine balancing act between buying what you want and what you need, deciding whether to bid on a player or get the contracts that you need

I've won promotion in division 5 and need 1 more point for the title so whichever bonus i get i'll have a decision to make on what to spend the money on

This along with the rest of the game modes have made me to come to a (to me at least) shocking decision, i'm not going to get Resident Evil 6 at launch and itself add it to my christmas list

i just feel getting it now with me playing fifa so much and with AC at the end of the month i just won't have time for resi
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

I just got Chamakh in one of my first packs and he is one of my highest rated players and i'm debating whether to put him up for auction but without knowing his value i don't know how much to offer him for

Also can you set a minimum amount during actions so that you don't sell a player to cheap

Once i know about auctions i feel that i might finally be able to get a foot hold in FUT
    As well as Ultimatedb you can also check players out on Futhead and Futwiz you can see if they are worth buying on Futhead as people rate them and on Futwiz you can compare one player with another player you can build squads on all three and check the chemistry of the squad before you build it for real. Also (i don't know if its been said) do not list your player for less than it discards for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last thing i need to know as i fully understand FUT now but for one thing

Is it possible to get into a stituation where you can't continue at all without using real world money

i mean like having loads of players out of contract and not having enough coins to get them all new contracts