More App Storage? (Android)

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a Ployer Momo 20 Android Tablet, my third (and by far best) Android tab. Before that I had an Elonex eTouch (nasty), then the Hannspree Hannspad (much better) and now the Momo20. The one thing they have all had in common though is offering only a tiny 2GB of storage space for apps and games. Fair enough with the Elonex as it only had 2GB anyway, but the Hannspad and my current Momo20 have 16GB of internal storage so why can't the user dedicate more to apps instead of the 2GB apps partition and the 14GB user partition. I'd rather they give the 16GB all to apps and just pop in a Micro SD if I want personal storage space. With the wealth of great apps and games on android it's a real shame to have to be constantly worried about running out of space.

It's annoying as I really would like to play Asphalt 8 but it clocks in at a huge 1.51GB and to install it I would have to delete most of the apps I currently have installed, which would take literally hours, same for The Last Express, I'd really like to play that but it would eat up so much of the puny 2GB the tablet allows for apps.

So, basically is there anyway of changing the size of the apps partition on my current Ployer Momo20 tablet?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    We had a similar problem on our Samsung Galaxy tablets, in that you couldn't move apps to the external SD card and so we soon ran out of space when we installed Need for Speed and then didn't have room for Aspalt. However, with the latest version of Android (which was automatically downloaded onto the tablet a few weeks back) you can now move apps to the external storage. You can do this via the settings/app mgmt menu, but only if you have the latest Android version (or a very old one, as the facility used to exist on some previous versions).