Game Installation taking an age?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Anyone else having issues installing a game on the Xbox One? I started off with the Forza 5 day 1 download and after 30 minutes was stuck on 3%, After that I decided to put in a disk (Dead Rising 3) to see if that was any quicker.. That is stuck at 1% after 35 minutes!. At this rate it's going to be a rather expensive ornament on its first day as I doubt I will get to play any games on at all.

The xbox update itself which was about 700mb downloaded in just under 2 minutes so its a not a problem with my internet...

Comments

• JoshyxJoshyx Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I just posted exactly the same thread.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joshyx wrote: »
    I just posted exactly the same thread.

Contact MS support mate or check the FAQ section for XB1.

It's a new system so there's probably a few things that need to be worked out.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I posted about it an hour or so ago also. Download times are taking ages - I guess as more people receive their console, the slower it will get!
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having issues installing a game on the Xbox One? I started off with the Forza 5 day 1 download and after 30 minutes was stuck on 3%, After that I decided to put in a disk (Dead Rising 3) to see if that was any quicker.. That is stuck at 1% after 35 minutes!. At this rate it's going to be a rather expensive ornament on its first day as I doubt I will get to play any games on at all.

The xbox update itself which was about 700mb downloaded in just under 2 minutes so its a not a problem with my internet...

I have justed been trying to install ghosts on mine. Stuck on 1% for 40 mins. Just read on other forums to cancel the download, turn of your internet and install disk that way. In 10 mins it's reached 30%.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Day 1 patch took 3min to download. Now Forza 5 is stuck at 4% after 40min.

I guess maybe MS are prioritizing the bandwidth/servers so people can at least download the patch quickly.

I kinda expected this to happen. Will be 1000's of people on right now all trying to download their free launch game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    54% to download from disc to play COD Ghosts! OMG!!WTF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Day 1 patch took 3min to download. Now Forza 5 is stuck at 4% after 40min.

I guess maybe MS are prioritizing the bandwidth/servers so people can at least download the patch quickly.

I kinda expected this to happen. Will be 1000's of people on right now all trying to download their free launch game.

What happened to only needing to download a small portion of the game before you can play! what a load of cr@p!
  • Anime_FanAnime_Fan Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    this is why i think mandatory installs are an absurdly ridiculous idea.

if you opt to do for the digital version then having to wait for a download to complete or get to x% before you can play should be expected.

however when you have gone out & brought a physical disc you should be able to start playing instantly, there is no need for these crappy mandatory installs when you have a physical disc.

even worse when microsoft have not even bothered to include any options to see how much hard disc space these installs have used.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to only needing to download a small portion of the game before you can play! what a load of cr@p!

It's not, you need to download a certain %, I think it's around 50% before you can play. So it's still 50% less waiting time to get into a game than it would be if you had to download the full game first.

Edit - Correction, Forza for example only needs 13% downloaded to start playing.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Have I missed something, these installs are from disc so why is it needing to connect to the internet to install a disc based game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I missed something, these installs are from disc so why is it needing to connect to the internet to install a disc based game?

It needs to connect to the internet to download updates/patches for the games.
    For something that's supposed to all powerful,why can't it instal a game disc while downloading in the background.
    FIFA/forza free game can't download while your ripping the disc.
    ALso if you only part instal a game and play something else,it will constantly annoy you until you download the rest of the game!