Thatcher back at Downing Street

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad_dude wrote: »
    The resident tories do not like your criticising thatcher do they perhaps she should be protected by religious hatred discrimination

I did not criticise Fatch? and if per chance I was to and any Tory supporters didn't like it then I would tell them "tough".

However it is one thing to be critical of a Politician (ex or present) and revel in their death.
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Must have felt lovely for her to stand next to a new Conservative PM.

It certainly looked as though Thatcher was enjoying it more than the new Conservative PM.

Cameron looked faintly embarrassed throughout the whole charade... wearing the sort of expression you'd have if your favourite great aunt had just pissed herself again
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    It certainly looked as though Thatcher was enjoying it more than the new Conservative PM.

Cameron looked faintly embarrassment throughout the whole charade... wearing the sort of expression you'd have if your favourite great aunt had just pissed herself again

Or maybe he realised that with all this talk of decimating state services, standing next to Thatcher sent out a visual message that her philosophies were back in vogue - no matter what he says.
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical nasty comments from Labour supporters about a 84 year old women.

Im not surprised.

Good old Maggie.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im not surprised.

Good old Maggie.

Ditto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    You're Victor Meldrew aren't you?

:D ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member

Cameron looked faintly embarrassed throughout the whole charade... wearing the sort of expression you'd have if your favourite great aunt had just pissed herself again

:D

You do make me laugh!
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Did anyone inform John McDonnell she was going to be there? ;)

Seriously, why wheel out the "Thatch" ever time a new PM gets in. Blair and Brown did it. Although Blair was Maggie's protege far more than Major I suppose.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Did anyone inform John McDonnell she was going to be there? ;)

He's still trying to get to grips with the controls of the Tardis.
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not criticise Fatch? and if per chance I was to and any Tory supporters didn't like it then I would tell them "tough".

However it is one thing to be critical of a Politician (ex or present) and revel in their death

Perhaps the question should be is why people are revelling in the prospect of her death , She was a terrible woman. will you be mourning Robert Mugabe because he was a politican?
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe he realised that with all this talk of decimating state services, standing next to Thatcher sent out a visual message that her philosophies were back in vogue - no matter what he says.

Or maybe he just remembered that Jonathan Ross was right about what he got up to in his teenage years :eek:
  • nerf666nerf666 Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member

Im not surprised.

Good old Maggie.

PMSL You'd share the same outrage for someone like Mugabe then?

No didnt think so, :cool:
  • SharpshooterTomSharpshooterTom Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    It was nice to see Mrs Thatcher back at No.10.

She was a fantastic PM and a strong woman.

Agreed.:D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nerf666 wrote: »

Comparing Thatcher to Mugabe is the most childish and pathetic thing I've read in a long while!

For one thing we had proper, kosher elections that saw Thatcher become PM. All with a bigger share of the vote than all three Labour wins from 1997!
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Comparing Thatcher to Mugabe is the most childish and pathetic thing I've read in a long while!

Unfortunately it crystallises a lot of what passes for political argument here.
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately it crystallises a lot of what passes for political argument here.

No most political argument on here just involves people posting derogatory comments about this party or that party.

Where actual substance and form is delivered, for example, in the OPs original post on this thread, most posters will gloss over it and attack one party or the other without addressing the point at hand.

Like yourself, you think its acceptable for all these visits, teas, drinks etc with all the associated security arrangements and what not, given the "in this altogether" austerity cuts coming?
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. Some of the comments are vile. I think some people are sick in the head :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For one thing we had proper, kosher elections that saw Thatcher become PM. All with a bigger share of the vote than all three Labour wins from 1997!

Perhaps you should ask why people would revel in her death so much and comparing her to Mugabe. She was deeply hated in some parts of the country,

I would have no problem with some Muslims celebrating the death of Tony Blair to be honest because they would probably have a deep grievance against Tony Blair.
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you should ask why people would revel in her death so much and comparing her to Mugabe. She was deeply hated in some parts of the country,

What did she do to you that makes you so bitter 20 years after she left office?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    What did she do to you that makes you so bitter 20 years after she left office?

I havent revelled in her death just made jokes about how hated she was, What has Robert Mugabe or Adolph Hitler done to you? because I presume you wouldnt mind someone celebrating in his death?
  • currysockscurrysocks Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent revelled in her death just made jokes about how hated she was, What has Robert Mugabe or Adolph Hitler done to you? because I presume you wouldnt mind someone celebrating in his death?

I wouldn't deny anyone the right to celebrate the death of a mass murderer.Revelling in the death of a politician you are ideologically opposed to is another matter and thankfully most decent people are above that sort of thing.
    Forum Member
    currysocks wrote: »
    I wouldn't deny anyone the right to celebrate the death of a mass murderer.Revelling in the death of a politician you are ideologically opposed to is another matter and thankfully most decent people are above that sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_miners%27_strike_%281984%E2%80%931985%29
    Ten deaths resulted from events around the strike: six pickets, three teenagers searching for coal, and a taxi driver taking a non-striking miner to work.

Many people feel she went back on promises, she organised a stockpiling of coal and other substitutes so that any strike would be have little to no impact to the country. She pretty much wanted a confrontation, not saying she was responsible but many within the mining industry hold her ultimately accountable for the results of the strike.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    currysocks wrote: »

If her politics destroyed livelyhoods , lives then I can see why those people would celebrate in her death
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    When you start losing public sector services, when teachers start losing their support staff, when waiting lists increase back to the six months they were at under the Tories, and when they continue with their efforts to outsource anything public sector into the hands of profit making companies and charities.

Some of these things will happen because they were built on foundations of sand-borrowed money. We've got to live within our means as a country, just like every family. :(
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nerf666 wrote: »

Thank you for just proving everything i thought about you correct.

Comparing Thatcher to Mugabe?

You're a complete joke mate.