Comments

• Matt00011Matt00011 Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Chris and the team good job
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how Dominic just made it one of his news reports.

Right, here's hoping they crack the £1.5 mill!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New World Record Marathon DJ team music radio show for the Guinness World Books Well done to Chris and Dave..

Does this mean Chris will get a new contract at Radio 1? Hope so..
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grr thought it was 9.30 :(
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok so they have their certificates so record attempt must now be over...#
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Aled gonna cry?
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the team but i must say this and im not being nasty.How easy is it being a DJ these days just stand around or sit around press the mic button and a couple of other buttons and that it how easy.When i was a DJ we had to do all the work including putting cd,s and records on and also sort the jingles out.God radio is so easy these days.I notice when a tune is playing they take it off live tv maybe he is having a cup of tea or nipped out for a while.Ok its the longest show but sorry its not exactly hard work these days and they are not in the studio all the time.But well done to him anyway and all in the name of charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    ok so they have their certificates so record attempt must now be over...#

The certificates represent that they are the definite record holders, but the time hasn't been set yet as long as they keep going.

Also, love Nicole. So cute!
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Wow! I am speechless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. My. God.

They really might break £2 million, especially after the link with BBC Breakfast.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1.8 million! :eek: Amazing. :cool:
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.8 million :eek: they're gonna make 2 million now by the looks of it unbelievable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMAZING £1.8Mill

Well done Chris & Dave
  • Matt00011Matt00011 Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow fantastic!
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1.8 Million!! blimey what a jump! Gutted i cant be listenin or watch now!grrrrr....
  • Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell how much was that since 0730 well done I hope they get the 2 million now, they deserve to. Right Im off out to play, may catch the last bit on my phone if it behaves
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the team but i must say this and im not being nasty.How easy is it being a DJ these days just stand around or sit around press the mic button and a couple of other buttons and that it how easy.When i was a DJ we had to do all the work including putting cd,s and records on and also sort the jingles out.God radio is so easy these days.I notice when a tune is playing they take it off live tv maybe he is having a cup of tea or nipped out for a while.Ok its the longest show but sorry its not exactly hard work these days and they are not in the studio all the time.But well done to him anyway and all in the name of charity.

At least all the paperwork we had to do re. music logging wouldn't detain Moyles too long! :D

However, this is still a great achievement and well done to all involved.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!:eek: I can't believe how much has been raised so far. I just donated to help them get to the big 2 million :)
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    Like how chris explained why it was just 'chris' on the donation texts.

What did he say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    £1.8million! That's just amazing! Well done to both Dave and Chris!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did he say?

The reason it's just 'chris' is because it needs to be a short phrase to stream it into the donation system; Radio 1 chose 'chris' because they decided it would be easily recognisable and memorable; not an ego thing but a practical one.
  • macuk83macuk83 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Golden Houurrrrrr :d
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2002?
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's £1.8 million?!? Amazing! Hopefully they will stay on now to reach £2 million, but that shouldn't take too long I reckon.
  • bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been fantastic - got so much to catch up on though, will keep me entertained during the nightshifts this weekend :p

Seriously, I'd love to see this on the red button permanently - I know it flopped when it was on Sky, but in those days few had access to it. These days it really could work, and spark a new way of thinking in radio