Weekend

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
Forum Member
anyone seen or can recommend the movie 'Weekend'

Comments

• BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this the other night on pay-per-view. I didn't know anything about it but gave it a shot.

I have to say this film is very, very good. It's a shame it won't reach the masses because of it's budget and theme.

The acting by the two lead guys is fantastic. The 'lead' is especially good, a very nice performance. You can always tell what he's thinking or feeling just by a subtle shift in expression. He really is excellent.

I don't think this is a story about 'gay men falling in love' I actually think it's about anyone falling in love. It just so happens the people in the film are two men. It's shot very well and has a Mike Leigh feel about it. Natural dialogue and banter that captures those funny little moments you have with someone you don't know very well but are getting to know and getting to fall for.

It doesn't bash you over the head with gay politics. It touches upon it but it would be odd not to but it doesn't drive you away from the main theme. You really feel like you are on the journey with them.

I hope more people give this film a shot. Having now read reviews online you can see how very well liked it is by amazing reviews.

I've been thinking about this film for several days. Always a sign of a well made movie.