Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Just ignore the obvious lies is what i have learnt FACT: Madonna sells them out name alone....even in Miamis case multi-nights in the same venue....and current popstars struggle....it is what legacies are made of :cool:

Damn how i wanna experience that feel, Madonna in front of you...your idol performing and that spiritual energy she emits.....wow!

You need to get tickets next time, Josh. She's amazing.

I remember when I first saw her, I couldn't believe the legendary artist I had admired all of my life was right there infront of my very eyes. It's really quite overwhelming at times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GGzSux wrote: »
    You need to get tickets next time, Josh. She's amazing.

I remember when I first saw her, I couldn't believe the legendary artist I had admired all of my life was right there infront of my very eyes. It's really quite overwhelming at times.

Yeah i mean i own all the tours on DVD (bar Blond Ambition, Whos That girl and Virgin Tour...although seen them and adore them) but to actually be there ah man :cool:

Yeah i can imagine it would be overwhelming inefinitely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night Madonna had "EVE" on her back and she ate part of a fresh red apple on stage......ideas bleeding into the next era??? Forbidden Fruit? Te creation of life? hidden desires? :cool:

Oh and more "Batman" links....DC Comic style fan art for Madonna the Beautiful Killer!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305569_493959193971592_394348068_n.jpg
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a rumour going around Madonna forums that she is going to be doing a cover of a Marvin Gaye song perhaps I Heard it Through the Grapevine perhaps for the movie in which Lenny Kravitz is starring as Marvin. We know that Madonna and Lenny are great friends so it makes sense. This is also in line with an interview she gave in Israel where she said she wanted to do some more organic R&B type of music.
    Great news, if true. One of my favourite songs is her cover of I Want You on STR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around Madonna forums that she is going to be doing a cover of a Marvin Gaye song perhaps I Heard it Through the Grapevine perhaps for the movie in which Lenny Kravitz is starring as Marvin. We know that Madonna and Lenny are great friends so it makes sense. This is also in line with an interview she gave in Israel where she said she wanted to do some more organic R&B type of music.
    Great news, if true. One of my favourite songs is her cover of I Want You on STR.

omfg...Marvin gaye is one of my top artists ever <3

Madonna and Lenny...Justify Justify baby!! Oh my they should hook up again for a surprise on album 13...ah man that is epic!

I actually hope its true now...and YEs for Organic old skool R&B...because Madonna has always had Soul/Black origin in her music....i mean Everybody was released to radios and people thought Madonna was a black artist until the video was released....and she worked with Nile ROdgers that channeled a lot of her SOul into her music...Leonard and Bray continued it with True Blue and Like A Prayer was an ode to her influences (Sly Stone, Marvin gaye, Old Skool Motown, Black Political music she grew up on...gospel) I love these ideas.

Its all coming together...Bluesy, Soulful, Rock inspired Alternative sounds....damn....my brain is about to combust...but seriously if she is channeling Old Skool R&B with raw vocal like she used to :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omfg...Marvin gaye is one of my top artists ever <3

Madonna and Lenny...Justify Justify baby!! Oh my they should hook up again for a surprise on album 13...ah man that is epic!

I actually hope its true now...and YEs for Organic old skool R&B...because Madonna has always had Soul/Black origin in her music....i mean Everybody was released to radios and people thought Madonna was a black artist until the video was released....and she worked with Nile ROdgers that channeled a lot of her SOul into her music...Leonard and Bray continued it with True Blue and Like A Prayer was an ode to her influences (Sly Stone, Marvin gaye, Old Skool Motown, Black Political music she grew up on...gospel) I love these ideas.

Its all coming together...Bluesy, Soulful, Rock inspired Alternative sounds....damn....my brain is about to combust...but seriously if she is channeling Old Skool R&B with raw vocal like she used to :cool:

Yes, sounds like a fabulous idea. I really like old school Motown type of R&B like Marvin and Sly Stone. I'm not too big on contemporary R&B which is more hip hop with all the rapping which she experimented with on Hard Candy which didn't really work for me. I can see her voice working great with the older R&B sound though.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Marvin Gaye thing is a rumour that could be plucked from thin air, I'll believe it when I see it. I do trust thay shes making new music though as she said it herself but I don't trust 'rumours'
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GGzSux wrote: »
    That's what I like to see, Josh. A Madonna concert BURSTING at the seems with fans. ;)

Apparently, Certain Gag fans are saying Madonna's Miami shows weren't sold out. :rolleyes:

She definitely sold out, but arrived onstage around 11:30, so if the show finished around 01:20 that would have scuppered peoples plans afterwards - hence the few empty seats.

I mean, how delusional can they be?

If I was a Gaga fan I'd keep quiet about how well other tours are doing since all is not rosy at home
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I missed this, but has the DVD/Blu-ray been shot at Miami?
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Sorry if I missed this, but has the DVD/Blu-ray been shot at Miami?

Yes...

http://www.madonnalicious.com/images/extra/2012/miami_191112_brian_camera_news.jpg
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that Celebration is being used on a home makeover tv show advert. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Yes, sounds like a fabulous idea. I really like old school Motown type of R&B like Marvin and Sly Stone. I'm not too big on contemporary R&B which is more hip hop with all the rapping which she experimented with on Hard Candy which didn't really work for me. I can see her voice working great with the older R&B sound though.

Oh man id love if true...a Madonna/Kravitz team up would be EPIC!

If only it comes into fruition....:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you know what gigi! Ever since the rumour/speculation of Madonna covering Marvin and teaming up (potentially) with Lenny....it really has me delving back to Lenny through his back catalogue....Fly Away is so beautiful from 1998 (was a sensational year wasnt it?) Damn that soul, bluesy, punky drive....Madonna ahs always hinted it but that rawness...man id love that now :cool: I mean Man....when Madonna goe sRAW no one is safe :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...to feed more food for the fire....Lenny attended the Miami show :cool:
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    So I was going through that big Madonna book I have (the nasty one) and I found yet ANOTHER mistake...The Look of Love was referred to as "The Book of Love" :rolleyes: I don't think they got a Madonna fan to proof read it, so in total I've found about five mistakes plus loads of silly opinions about Erotica and others
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    So I was going through that big Madonna book I have (the nasty one) and I found yet ANOTHER mistake...The Look of Love was referred to as "The Book of Love" :rolleyes: I don't think they got a Madonna fan to proof read it, so in total I've found about five mistakes plus loads of silly opinions about Erotica and others

Its a silly rediculous book that made money :sleep:

Im all for opinion but that is what is called a cash in unworthy of her name attatched to it :mad:

Also my Madonna T Shirt arrved today for the Winter Solstace Festivities :))))) loks amazin...will take pickies of me in it :D WAHOOO!!! may this be the start of em :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna has picked the winners of the "Sleeve Entries" the top 10 is on her FB....the Bad girl one of the top 10 is my favourite...although they are all so brilliant and different

https://www.facebook.com/madonna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...to feed more food for the fire....Lenny attended the Miami show :cool:

I'm liking this idea of Madonna visiting the old-school R&B route with some raw vocals/instrumentals...yes!

Josh, I highly recommend you check out Beyoncé's sister Solange, particularly her True EP - there's some brilliant sounds there, it's like 4 meets Frank Ocean on an Alternative day! :cool:
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean MDNA already grossed $300m in total with South America yet to come?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I'm liking this idea of Madonna visiting the old-school R&B route with some raw vocals/instrumentals...yes!

Josh, I highly recommend you check out Beyoncé's sister Solange, particularly her True EP - there's some brilliant sounds there, it's like 4 meets Frank Ocean on an Alternative day! :cool:

Yeah i do too...like Bowie did on Young Americans when he brought Plastic Soul into his Alternative Rock/Power Rock vibes and sounds (i recommend if you havent heard a Bowie album...Young Americans is definitely one to listen to all the way through...its pretty powerful)

But yeah i mean Madonna has so many ROck and Soul and Male influences it makes sense for her to bend the sounds a lot more...maybe revisit her original Black Madonna concepts and ideas....will be very exciting!

No i havent MCA but sounds like itll be up my street...oh my days my sister had the cheek to take my Beyonce "4" and Channel Orange CDs out my room and play them yesterday lol....i think shes now getting her tastes from me....im gnna padlock my Madonna, Bowie, Jones, Bush and Mac CDs though....theres a barrier you do not cross...get ya owwwn lol :D

But i will check them...Old Skool Soul must see a comeback..raw voice, experimental odes...ah man :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

YEAH there is only one and it always will be MADONNA!

And by the sounds of it yes she has grossed that and she has S.America to come to be added at the years end....flop ;):D :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i do too...like Bowie did on Young Americans when he brought Plastic Soul into his Alternative Rock/Power Rock vibes and sounds (i recommend if you havent heard a Bowie album...Young Americans is definitely one to listen to all the way through...its pretty powerful)

But yeah i mean Madonna has so many ROck and Soul and Male influences it makes sense for her to bend the sounds a lot more...maybe revisit her original Black Madonna concepts and ideas....will be very exciting!

No i havent MCA but sounds like itll be up my street...oh my days my sister had the cheek to take my Beyonce "4" and Channel Orange CDs out my room and play them yesterday lol....i think shes now getting her tastes from me....im gnna padlock my Madonna, Bowie, Jones, Bush and Mac CDs though....theres a barrier you do not cross...get ya owwwn lol :D

But i will check them...Old Skool Soul must see a comeback..raw voice, experimental odes...ah man :cool:

Black Madonna return? Madonna never leaves her ideas on the shelf for long, so perhaps this could be the shocker! I'm so happy to see she's hiding in studios again so quickly, even if its just to leave memos/ideas to work with post-tour. She needs that vital 3-4 month break off first so she can come back more fierce than ever. Madonna definitely knows this era could have gone better and it was all a label experiment/test. I hope she keeps her Twitter account permanently, imagine that...the Queen tweeting about her life...then again she doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who would tweet what she has for breakfast/what shoes she likes etc. I would like her to do a blog/Tumblr thing because that would be more something up her street where she could post about inspirations in her life/art etc.

In a generation where artists are paying respects/showcasing their influences through their new music most recent example being Ke$ha with Iggy Pop etc it would be interesting to see Madonna fully embrace her inspirations and manifest those sounds into a record, would definitely be one for the cards. Plus R&B can be so sexual and red is a very sexy colour again...hint hint ;)

Plus those old school sounds are never dated, some artists are fantastic at mixing those vibes and making them sound refreshing - huge example being Lana Del Rey taking those old 40s/50s vibes and meshing them with some hip-hop/little elements of dance. Perhaps LDR is an unofficial trendsetter for a new direction the way that Madonna did back in 05 with the dance trend and Kylie/Britney in 2007. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Black Madonna return? Madonna never leaves her ideas on the shelf for long, so perhaps this could be the shocker! I'm so happy to see she's hiding in studios again so quickly, even if its just to leave memos/ideas to work with post-tour. She needs that vital 3-4 month break off first so she can come back more fierce than ever. Madonna definitely knows this era could have gone better and it was all a label experiment/test. I hope she keeps her Twitter account permanently, imagine that...the Queen tweeting about her life...then again she doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who would tweet what she has for breakfast/what shoes she likes etc. I would like her to do a blog/Tumblr thing because that would be more something up her street where she could post about inspirations in her life/art etc.

In a generation where artists are paying respects/showcasing their influences through their new music most recent example being Ke$ha with Iggy Pop etc it would be interesting to see Madonna fully embrace her inspirations and manifest those sounds into a record, would definitely be one for the cards. Plus R&B can be so sexual and red is a very sexy colour again...hint hint ;)

Plus those old school sounds are never dated, some artists are fantastic at mixing those vibes and making them sound refreshing - huge example being Lana Del Rey taking those old 40s/50s vibes and meshing them with some hip-hop/little elements of dance. Perhaps LDR is an unofficial trendsetter for a new direction the way that Madonna did back in 05 with the dance trend and Kylie/Britney in 2007. :eek:

I do love the ideas of Black Madonna though...a bit of a preceeder before Beyonce did it with 4 years later perhaps it could/should have been?

But yes I feel Old Skool R&B sounds like Marvin, like Sly Stone, Fela Kuti, like a really gritty Soul/Funk/Alternative Dance/Bluesy/Rock-ish album with a reinvented image, style and vibe that is true to herself :)

And yes really meld colours and styles together....i mean right now it is kinda like a celebration of pop culture within pop culture...that seems to be where we are heading...in my recent Empire magazine there are articles with Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger, archives from Alfred Hitchcock and overviews by Danny Boyle, Tarantino, David Lynch and stuff and its all like...wow i remember...or how cool would that be?? so i feel it is all getting rooted again.

And yes Lana Del Rey this year has injected that retro pop feel and tempo...again, like David Lynch incorporated into the Twin Peaks series soundtrack, Blue Velvet film, that kinda trippy/retro style brought into contemporary styles. Its a bit forward thinking and same with Ke$ha this side of the year...Iggy Pop, odes to Tribal sounds and political 70s Rock in there as well as Synthpop an contemporary sonics/Electropop...but it is a way forward.

So imagine if and when Madonna takes time out after the MDNA tour and really jots down ideas and concepts of where to head next...look a demos/past recordings and push forward into a really inspired and genuine new era...something fresh and iconic for this decade and for the future to reflect massively on. I reckon its coming, but the speculation is always massive.

As for social media...i love the minimalism...i love that Madonna ahs such mystery around her...but maybe if she teases or Interscope tease on Twitter as they do/did on Facebook earlier this year you know...and treat it like that like pics of M in the studio...video diaries that kinda thing and see the album coming together without giving too much away.
This discussion has been closed.