Options

Southcliffe

Comments

• Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    What was the craic with the whole Mary thing? Didn't understand any of that :confused:
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF :confused:
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Now, any ideas on how this is going to end?

I think we're going to be none the wiser and that's 5 hours I'm never going to be get back. Was it 5 ? I so don't care I don't even know.:yawn:
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now for the happy singalong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the craic with the whole Mary thing? Didn't understand any of that :confused:

Dunno, I'm still holding out for the Bernard Cribbins summary, or some nice person to type it up on Wikipedia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even get the ending
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's how it ends? Hmm...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was hypnotically watchable, even though I didn't follow all of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now for the happy singalong.

:eek: I was right! A musical ending.

I need support from the charity that deals with disappointment and confusion.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    That has got to be the most tedious series I have ever watched. I feel like I have wasted my time. Utter crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burrercup wrote: »
    I think we're going to be none the wiser and that's 5 hours I'm never going to be get back. Was it 5 ? I so don't care I don't even know.:yawn:

It was 4 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the acting was great, but the storyline.....I thought we could have seen more of each section of the storyline.
  • Options
    themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    That has got to be the most tedious series I have ever watched. I feel like I have wasted my time. Utter crap.

My feeliings exactly. First two episodes made me excited. Second two episodes absolutely awful.
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It was 4 :)
    It seemed like 40 !! And I am none the wiser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched some shite in my time but this....this really takes the biscuit
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    This was such a let down. Excellent in some places, downright awful in others. Had so much potential and a great cast for the most part, just feels wasted :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory Kinnear was good and the fella who was the killer, I'll give it that.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was hypnotically watchable, even though I didn't follow all of it.

I didn't follow any of it.

Well I know some people got shot.

That's about it really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They couldn't even kill the uncle for us ? Not even that !
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    My feeliings exactly. First two episodes made me excited. Second two episodes absolutely awful.

I was only a bit excited by the first episode, but stuck with it. :yawn: Wish I hadn't.
  • Options
    wrighty694wrighty694 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna take a guess that we're experiencing that nothing gets better and nothing gets sorted and nothing changes. Soz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrighty694 wrote: »
    I'm gonna take a guess that we're experiencing that nothing gets better and nothing gets sorted and nothing changes. Soz.

I do get that but I expect a degree of enterntainment. I was just bored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reviews

Independent http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/08/18/southcliffe-%E2%80%93-all-souls-series-1-episode-4/

"Added to this were the huge chunks that viewers had to fill in themselves. While some drama series challenge the viewer by offering clues and letting the audience fill in a few gaps, Southcliffe takes things too far. It is incomprehensible. The audience was essentially given a series of loosely connected vignettes and told to figure it out from that."

Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10248871/Southcliffe-Channel-4-review.html

"Southcliffe’s power has been its unique insistence on bringing into our living rooms a harrowing sense of the grief, numbness and trauma of mindless murder, shoving it in our faces and refusing to let us look away. "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reviews

Independent http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/08/18/southcliffe-%E2%80%93-all-souls-series-1-episode-4/

"Added to this were the huge chunks that viewers had to fill in themselves. While some drama series challenge the viewer by offering clues and letting the audience fill in a few gaps, Southcliffe takes things too far. It is incomprehensible. The audience was essentially given a series of loosely connected vignettes and told to figure it out from that."

Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10248871/Southcliffe-Channel-4-review.html

"Southcliffe’s power has been its unique insistence on bringing into our living rooms a harrowing sense of the grief, numbness and trauma of mindless murder, shoving it in our faces and refusing to let us look away. "

Thanks for those :)
  • Options
    Vexille1Vexille1 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Watched the last eps in the b/g, which doesn't aid understanding, I accept, but even so... The makers assumed the seriousness of the story would command our attention, but it didn't because of the awful execution. Did we find out why the young soldier was going to kill himself? Perhaps because he was stupid enough to believe you can fire a real gun with 'rubber bullets', whatever they are. And what was the nonsense with Maurice Roeves's conspiracy theorist who thought he could tell the make of pistol from its shot (good luck with that). Did the thug who humiliated Steven get his comeuppance?

Terrible.