Options

Prison Inmates Bullied Into Converting To Islam

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
Forum Member
✭✭
Sky News has learned that increasing numbers of British inmates are being bullied into converting to Islam while in jail.

The Prison Officers Association says it is symptomatic of the growing power and influence of Muslim gangs in prison.

However, there are also concerns that some of those converts could be radicalised by more extremist elements in prison.

Read more: http://news.sky.com/story/1156989/inmates-bullied-into-converting-to-islam

Another terrifying sign that Islam is growing and will eventually rule the UK and there is nothing can be done about it at this late stage. You only have to look at the birth/death rates and in the long run there will be enough Muslims to vote for an Islamic state run under Sharia Law.

Comments

• Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to generalise outwards from the actions of convicted criminals to an entire religion seems a somewhat flawed methodology somehow.

And, this should be obvious and not need to be said, though this is DS so I'd better be on the safe side, but this is a BAD THING and should be clamped down on hard by prisons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does that mean, stoatie?
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many themselves are converts, not for any reason apart from a sneaking suspicion that converts are more proactive in gathering numbers than those born to the religion.

Edit - I like stoaties disclaimer, I'll go for that one too.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Bullying to get your own way in a prison what a shock

Plus are we supposed to feel sorry for prisoners now just because once inside they have found a bigger bully than they were (Yes I am aware not all will be in for violent crimes)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because the amount of Muslims is growing it doesn't mean the UK will be forced into allowing Sharia Law.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy D wrote: »
    Another terrifying sign that Islam is growing and will eventually rule the UK and there is nothing can be done about it at this late stage. You only have to look at the birth/death rates and in the long run there will be enough Muslims to vote for an Islamic state run under Sharia Law.

You should really work for the Daily Mail with that kind of over the top hyperbole. It's only really missing a prolonged scream of terror at the end of it ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus are we supposed to feel sorry for prisoners now just because once inside they have found a bigger bully than they were (Yes I am aware not all will be in for violent crimes)

They should be safe from intimidation though, you don't need sympathy to think that.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does that mean, stoatie?

Which bit?
  • Options
    McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom line ---

--- If you don't want to be converted to Islam - don't do the crime.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be safe from intimidation though, you don't need sympathy to think that.

Unless they pour more funds into the prison system to hire more guards they won't be safe from it though. The only real way to stop it would be separation, but that won't happen because it will be seen as racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Just because the amount of Muslims is growing it doesn't mean the UK will be forced into allowing Sharia Law.

Of course it does I mean back in the 60's they said by the year 2000 whites would be a minority as all the immigrant blacks were having a lot kids to over populate us and that happened didn't it

Oh wait
  • Options
    Forum Member

I agree but that's the way prisons have always worked if it wasn't Muslims intimating the weaker prisoners it would be somebody else
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McMahauld wrote: »
    Bottom line ---

--- If you don't want to be converted to Islam - don't do the crime.

Not exactly catchy - nevertheless quite a deterrent !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Unless they pour more funds into the prison system to hire more guards they won't be safe from it though. The only real way to stop it would be separation, but that won't happen because it will be seen as racist.

There is always someone willing to intimidate for a whole host of reasons, segregation is a dreadful idea. Those intimidating for any reason should possibly be segregated but not before any transgression has taken place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree but that's the way prisons have always worked if it wasn't Muslims intimating the weaker prisoners it would be somebody else

We're on the same page with that Jimbo.
  • Options
    Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Rule the UK", you're having a laugh.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The forced conversion of people to Islam is wrong from any perspective.

I think it's more a sign that Islamic gangs have more influence in jails than it does about Islam in the country. I think that is hyperbole.

The connection the OP has made from this story to jumping up to the unrelated idea that Sharia Law will eventually exist here is not with foundation of any evidence. We should not let people try to force any beliefs on others, and that includes inside or outside of jails. Sharia Law has no place in general society in this country.

The OP also seems to automatically assume all British Muslims want Sharia Law. I am curious as to where such an idea has originated. I don't believe this to be the case.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Wonder how many of these inmates continue with the muslim faith after they get out of jail?

Doesn't seem any different to being compelled to join any prison "gang" IMO.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the Christians and the Jews are equally bullying people in prison to convert to their religions too. :mad:
  • Options
    Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot "bully" someone into becoming Muslim, they need to accept Islam of their own accord.

That is the beauty of Islam.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Titan9 wrote: »
    You cannot "bully" someone into becoming Muslim, they need to accept Islam of their own accord.

That is the beauty of Islam.

You can bully people into going through the motions though.

That is the beauty of bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Wonder how many of these inmates continue with the muslim faith after they get out of jail?

Doesn't seem any different to being compelled to join any prison "gang" IMO.

Exactly people are bulled for many reason in prison my Dad used to do it he would wait by the phones and take phone cards off people and take money or anything else he wanted doesn't mean to say when they got out they used to still give him stuff by either sending them to him or bringing them to his house.

They may say they have converted just the same way many will back down to the gang or join up for protection doesn't mean to say that they will carry on once they are out their "new found faith" will vanish the very second they leave the prison
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    You can bully people into going through the motions though.

Well it can't be Muslims doing such things then as they can't be proper Muslims. :mad:
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Christians and the Jews are equally bullying people in prison to convert to their religions too. :mad:

That's something in the Jewish religions favor over most other religions.. they never try to convert or recruit non_Jews
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In England and Wales
    Muslim prisoners accounted
    for 13% of the prison
    population. According to
    Census 2011, within the
    general population aged 15
    and over Muslims account for
    4% of the population.