Wii Sports Club..what a rip off..

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
was just about to buy the bowling and tennis for £8.99 when i discovered it was £8.99 EACH....:eek::eek:

or have i got that wrong?

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not according to the early reports from September:
    http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/54568/wii-sports-club-wii-u-release-date-set-for-7-november-in-uk/
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got it right. If the consequence of Nintendo embracing online multiplayer is extortionate prices, then I'd rather they didn't, actually.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anybody pay that much, even though it does look lovely...

Why not a HD re release, maybe £24.99????
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nintendo is experimenting with pricing structures lately, but yeah, the Wii Sports Club prices are kinda insane.

Iwata hinted that a boxed version will eventually arrive. I'll probably wait for that.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    was just about to buy the bowling and tennis for £8.99 when i discovered it was £8.99 EACH....:eek::eek:

The five games planned in the set come to £45 in total- hardly incomparable to other games.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    IF they've enhanced the controls in Tennis to be like the 1:1 of Table Tennis in WSR then it would easily be worth £8.99 imo. Not sure about the other games though, that's really the only one I truly love.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF they've enhanced the controls in Tennis to be like the 1:1 of Table Tennis in WSR then it would easily be worth £8.99 imo. Not sure about the other games though, that's really the only one I truly love.

i was under the impression it was £8.99 for the first two games though

it does look lovely though, i will think about it lol
  • seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member

They have enhanced the tennis controls. I'm loving both games, especially tennis! I'm quite happy to pay £8.99 each really. I always had a soft spot for Wii Sports, so to be able to play each sport online in HD with enhanced motion plus controls is a no-brainer for me :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    If that's the case then it'd be a no-brainer for me as well. Online play too!
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the look of this too, until I saw the stupid pricing structure of it. Have people frogotten the entire Wii Sports came free with the original Wii? Charging for something that used to be free (albeit in an enhanced form) is a sure fire way to get gamers backs up. Everytime I think Nintendo have turned a corner with Wii U and it is actually looking a decent proposition (as I believe it is slowly becoming) they go and do something daft like this.

I think if anything the game is really the kind of thing they should have launched with, would have been a great pack in game just like the original Wii Sports was back on the Wii. In fact, they could do a great bundle with Wii Sports and Nintendo Land if they wanted to. That would give any new Wii U owner a great starter pack with lots of great single and multiplayer fun. I reckon that could sell great.