Woah, step aside Ruth Lorenzo!

XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Guys don't get me wrong I absolutely adore Ruth Lorenzo, but you gotta check this out. Stacy Francis on X Factor USA singing Purple Rain. This performance is X Factor Final material! Blown away..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYFkDJuejL8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the 1st episode of judges houses from a link posted on here earlier today and I have to agree she was AMAZING
  • bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Performance was WOW in soo many levels, one of the best live performances on Live television in a LONG TIME This girl is.... Damn speechless, covered in goosebumps
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    She's good but over there, Ruth still for me over here:)
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What awful editing, it seem so silly to have such a ridiculous backing track. They should stick to the acoustic performances at JH like here
  • picnicpicnic Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    What awful editing, it seem so silly to have such a ridiculous backing track. They should stick to the acoustic performances at JH like here

You beat me to it, I was wondering where the orchestra and backing singers were hiding lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Amazing voice
    2. Too much Nicole
    3. Not enough Enrique. Still yummy though.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty incredible.

She sounds professional, great editing of the sound, better than our version where you can hear things in the background.

Also like them all actually waiting inside the house, this year they all seemed to be locked outside judges houses and loitering around the gardens.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely disagree.

After the shambolic first live show this year "to see who could handle the staging and backing track" I'd welcome them doing the judges houses with the live show style backing and choose accordingly instead of having to endure the pointless week 1 of live shows we just had to.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic! Ruth is still first for me though. :)
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely disagree.

After the shambolic first live show this year "to see who could handle the staging and backing track" I'd welcome them doing the judges houses with the live show style backing and choose accordingly instead of having to endure the pointless week 1 of live shows we just had to.

That's what the auditions are for....

It's completely ridiculous having such a track when they're standing a few feet in front of you, the sound was everywhere, and it just looked and felt ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Below average by US talent show standards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    The accompaniment is better than the one on Ruth's performance. But Ruth's vocal performance is superior, not to mention more emotional. I'd like to see if Stacy Francis has the variety to pull this off too. :p

Ruth Lorenzo performs "Il dolce suono" from Lucia di Lammermoor by Gaetano Donizetti (opera) & "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgD0qj2DHuw

Enrique was looking hot though. :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it until we got the sobs at the end :eek:

But isn't this the girl whose father died on her first day at bootcamp which I know was very sad but it was so obviously staged when Simon asked her tell us something we don't know about you......Cue my father died on my first day at bootcamp and I couldn't be with my family......cue Paula and Nicole crying.......I know I am a hardened cynic . apologies!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has nothing on Rooof to be honest. Ruth's performance was perfect, from the voice to the passion to the desperation to the sheer fact that it came out of NOWHERE. Best example of a 'moment' since Fantasia's 'Summertime'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    She has nothing on Rooof to be honest. Ruth's performance was perfect, from the voice to the passion to the desperation to the sheer fact that it came out of NOWHERE. Best example of a 'moment' since Fantasia's 'Summertime'.

I absolutely loathed Fantasia's Summertime. It made me cringe then and still does now.

There's nothing really special about this girl's performance though. She's just typical of many female contestants in American Idol over the years and not a patch on some.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. We should be hearing her voice, not backing singers.

That being said, she is very, very good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I actually think Ruth's is much better;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqbJwLvtZGQ

Every time I hear Ruth's version I get goosebumps and feel her desperation to wow everybody and stay in the competition. I don't feel anything with the US lady.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have they done to JH? :confused::eek:
    Awful, it's pre-recorded, fake and pointless.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    OK. First of all, Enrique is gorgeous. Secondly, it was an amazing performance. Better than Ruth? Perhaps just different. It was over-engineered. But Stacey is streets ahead of any of this year's XF contestants (and so was Ruth).
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loathed Fantasia's Summertime. It made me cringe then and still does now.

There's nothing really special about this girl's performance though. She's just typical of many female contestants in American Idol over the years and not a patch on some.

I thought Fantasia's Summertime was awesome and it's still regarded as one of the best Idol moments ever , so that's opinions for you . Her Purple rain is pretty good too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW7UE5cq2HY&feature=related
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ruths was better.
    More real and passionate
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. First of all, Enrique is gorgeous. Secondly, it was an amazing performance. Better than Ruth? Perhaps just different. It was over-engineered. But Stacey is streets ahead of any of this year's XF contestants (and so was Ruth).

Which must be some consolation for having such a small willy .
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um.. it's great... but her voice sounds like it's been edited? And the backing track on the chorus isn't very good...
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    Which must be some consolation for having such a small willy .

Yes, it was bizarre:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3720363/Enrique-Iglesias-Ive-got-worlds-tiniest-todger.html
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavily edited and processed, though she don't need any kind of processing.

Best vocalist in the competition, but purple rain belongs to Ruth. No-one touched that in the scale she did.
    Um.. it's great... but her voice sounds like it's been edited? And the backing track on the chorus isn't very good...