Sue Nicholls....on her way out??

radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What with all this bleating she's been doing about having to get up hours earlier now the set has moved, is it only a matter of time before she quits??

Comments

• Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will probably retire soon she must be nearly 100 years old now.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking this too, she didn't seem that pleased about traversing half the way across Manchester every day
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, she's a quite active 70.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is a stunning classy lady for someone just turned 70, please be respectful.

What exactly did she say?
  • agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only two miles (if that) from where the old set was. How on earth can it make such a difference to her day that she has to get up "hours earlier"???
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she'll leave. she seems to love her job and it will be a huge loss for the street if she goes.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would help if you told us exactly what she said OP?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably easier to get to the new set, to be honest. Unless you live on the opposite side of Manchester, I guess.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said she'll have to get up much earlier, but is excited...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a527358/coronation-street-sue-nicholls-im-on-david-platts-side.html

Not really firm evidence she's planning to leave!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a stunning classy lady for someone just turned 70, please be respectful.

What exactly did she say?

I met Sue back in 1994...absolutely lovely lady with a touch of class
  • fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Her Manchester appartment is literally 1 minute away from the current studios, so just like you would if you had gone from being able to pretty much walk to your job (though i doubt she did hehe!) to having to do a 20 minute journey (10 min in quick traffic) you'd be focussing on that at first!

Like when i lived 2 minutes walk from primary school and could roll out of bed 10 minutes before the registration bell, only to move to middle school and have a *gasp* 40 minute walk ruin my lie in!!! ;)

She'll get used to it.

Anyone who was in Pipkins and Rentaghost (and cool in one episode of "the adventure game") is fine by me no matter how annoying "Audrey" gets in Corrie!
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I doubt she'll leave. she seems to love her job and it will be a huge loss for the street if she goes.

I don't think she's going to be Miss Popov! (Sneezes)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »
    She said she'll have to get up much earlier, but is excited...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a527358/coronation-street-sue-nicholls-im-on-david-platts-side.html

Not really firm evidence she's planning to leave!

That was from October and is hardly 'bleating'.
    Although according to Google Maps it takes 10 minutes in normal traffic to drive from Granada Quay Street to Media City Salford - it is 2.7 miles.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    When I first saw the thread title I thought she was going to pop her clogs.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

I used to love Rentaghost.:D
  • NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see her leaving - also she could leave without being written out - she doesn't live on the street, she could get a manager for the salon and just pop up now and again round at Gails and in the pub etc if ever she wanted to slow down - a couple of years ago she went from Sep to Xmas without appearing when she had the skin cancer issue
  • bar of soapbar of soap Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I read the article - hardly bleating - just a factual observation that it's further away from home and she'll have to get up earlier.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    I can't see her leaving - also she could leave without being written out - she doesn't live on the street, she could get a manager for the salon and just pop up now and again round at Gails and in the pub etc if ever she wanted to slow down - a couple of years ago she went from Sep to Xmas without appearing when she had the skin cancer issue
    Poor Sue...... din't know that she had had skin cancer until I read your post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

Loved her in rentaghost and that was much better than Corrie any day of the week, hope she stays though as she is a great actress :)
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fozzie74 wrote: »
    Her Manchester appartment is literally 1 minute away from the current studios, so just like you would if you had gone from being able to pretty much walk to your job (though i doubt she did hehe!) to having to do a 20 minute journey (10 min in quick traffic) you'd be focussing on that at first!

Like when i lived 2 minutes walk from primary school and could roll out of bed 10 minutes before the registration bell, only to move to middle school and have a *gasp* 40 minute walk ruin my lie in!!! ;)

She'll get used to it.

Anyone who was in Pipkins and Rentaghost (and cool in one episode of "the adventure game") is fine by me no matter how annoying "Audrey" gets in Corrie!

Loved her as Nadia Popov! Those were the days :)
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She made a joke that she's used to practically jumping over the gate to work because she's so close. But now she'll have to pull her socks up and travel properly. Hardly complaining.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the oldies in Corrie have their own private chauffeurs to take them to the set
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I wish she would leave. Audrey is the one member of the platt family I don't like that much.
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure other cast members would and will help her out as well as crew after all its only 2miles.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish she would leave. Audrey is the one member of the platt family I don't like that much.

Why is that?