SKY are showing the fully uncut version of VHS 2.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which is unavailable in the UK. I was put off buying the DVD because of the censoring, so was pleasantly surprised that SKY are showing the uncut version.

Cheers SKY.

Ps- that Safe Haven segment is one of the most messed up things ever committed to film.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The BBFC website says nothing about VHS 2 being cut in the UK...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not cut but censored. In the safe haven segment they were forced to censor some of the grisly bits by putting fake interference over the images so you couldn't tell what was happening.

This was done to receive an R rating for theatrical showing in the states. To save time, the studio released that version in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    Not cut but censored. In the safe haven segment they were forced to censor some of the grisly bits by putting fake interference over the images so you couldn't tell what was happening.

This was done to receive an R rating for theatrical showing in the states. To save time, the studio released that version in the UK.

That makes sense, but the "saving time" comment implies the uncut version wouldn't have passed in the UK. Having looked at the changes, I see no reason why it wouldn't have been passable at 18...
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it better than the first one? That was so bad I never gave the sequel a chance.