What aspects of your job give you the greatest satisfaction??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
Just a question that i was thinking about....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Proving a customer wrong, when they think they were right
  • Skeet UlrichSkeet Ulrich Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing things go wrong that aren't my fault.
  • KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assessed a patient at clinic last week prior them coming in for a procedure in the future. They were very nervous to say the least. At the end of the assessment he said that he was glad he had come in for the appointment as he did feel better now he had had the procedure explained to him.I told him that that had made my day. Its good when I see that I have made a difference!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing mostly non-verbal people with dementia communicate and laugh with their fellow residents.

Seeing people with dementia sing a whole song without forgetting any of the words.

Consoling bereaved relatives.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Whenever I build something that hasn't been done before.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting through the night without a death, a trip to A&E, and not being assaulted enough to make a mark

Only joking ;)

I quite like doing a job that a lot of people can't do and know that I'm actually pretty good at it.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    Seeing people with dementia sing a whole song without forgetting any of the words

are you simon cowell? :eek:

i'm only joking, you sound like you have a very worthy job :cool:
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Proving a customer wrong, when they think they were right

You've really got the hang of all this 'custom service' hokum, haven't you? :D
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing mostly non-verbal people with dementia communicate and laugh with their fellow residents.

Seeing people with dementia sing a whole song without forgetting any of the words.

Consoling bereaved relatives.

I can't phone relatives with sad news. I get through it if I have to.....but tbh it is quite frankly the worst part of my job.

A lot of our residents are vocal in the singing sense. It's amazing how many songs they can remember word for word...and that is before dementia is taken into account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Finishing time.:o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surfing on Digital Spy.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not now but when I was working in a nursery, the kids asking if they could stay on longer as they enjoyed it so much.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Finishing time.:o

Me too :o
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a cute guy who sometimes grins at me and says HI YOU! and grins again.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Customers who are nice. And ones who expect the fare to be much higher that it is and they are all happy and stuff when they find out its not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing a resident go from being aggressive and non-cooperative to being a happy engaged person - usually over the course of years, but good nevertheless.
  • timeytimey Posts: 19,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing things go wrong that aren't my fault.

Schadenfreude. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing someone I might have worked with a few years ago make the transformation from 'Homeless, Unemployed, addicted to drugs' to 'I've got a job!'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I hate my job at the moment :( Not to be big headed, but I know more than people who manage me and it narks me so much (although I don't show it). A lot of the time I just want to say "no, that's wrong" but they always take it the wrong way.

I get very little job satisfaction at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a press officer in the NHS I deal with alot of crap but it gave me great satisfaction last week when I stopped a story getting into the papers by refusing to divulge any information after the ambulance crew had already blabbed to the local paper.
  • timeytimey Posts: 19,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate my job at the moment :( Not to be big headed, but I know more than people who manage me and it narks me so much (although I don't show it). A lot of the time I just want to say "no, that's wrong" but they always take it the wrong way.

I get very little job satisfaction at the moment.

So why aren't you the manager?
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,583
    Forum Member
    5:30pm this coming Friday will give me quite a bit of satisfaction as I'm then off for a couple of weeks :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    timey wrote: »

Probably because they have no management skills and have to use smileys to get their point across
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    timey wrote: »

That is not the way of the world.

In my occupation, I get to play with bones, rummage in holes and come up with all manner of theories as to how the bones and other things got to be there, and what that meant. Those are the good bits.
    That's when I'm not writing up dull but necessary reports for my supervisor and spending far too much time on here.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knowing that I am committing to record an impartially accurate account of what parents say about their children, events in their lives and professional involvement with them, within a system where they all too often do not seem to have any real voice - whether the information turns out to be for the better or the worse in the long run.