Options

HTC Sensation XL can it share it's internet connection

saucy gitsaucy git Posts: 1,036
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been looking for the answer for this.
The salesman in the Vodaphone shop said yes
but a website said no.

So can i for instance when i'm out with my laptop and there's no wifi , could i connect my laptop to the sensation xl and use the phones internet connection?

Comments

• Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the sensation XL like ?
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all android phones offer easy "tethering" either by cable or by setting up a wifi hotspot from your 3G connection. It's simple, on the "wireless and networks" menu in settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    whats the sensation XL like ?

I haven't got one yet but i can get one in about 2hrs and 12mins time :D (upgrade)

BBUT bloody Vodafone didn't say clearly on it's website that it's prices don't include VAT!!

So I've been spending 3 days researching what phone i want and what price plan :mad::mad:
    All to find out it's gonna cost me 20% more :cry:
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presume you are on a business plan then, consumer plans all include VAT.

Business plans on the website have never included Vat, and having a quick look on the business site it does say under every price point Exc Vat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presume you are on a business plan then, consumer plans all include VAT.

Business plans on the website have never included Vat, and having a quick look on the business site it does say under every price point Exc Vat

Yep just realised that now.

So I'm now viewing personal plans, all is good until i log in, click upgrade early and to my astonishment the choices I'm given are extreamly poor, they want me to pay £36 for 600 mins, unlimted text and 500mb data (whch i can afford) BUT they want £294 YES £294 for the handset!! :eek::eek:

When i was looking at the upgrades yesterday (this was before i could upgrade early) the handset was about £130, that was do-able.

but the fact they don't tell you that with an early upgrade they are gonna charge u the earth :mad:

Sorry I'm ranting now, I'm going off to cry under my duvet now :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saucy git wrote: »
    Yep just realised that now.

So I'm now viewing personal plans, all is good until i log in, click upgrade early and to my astonishment the choices I'm given are extreamly poor, they want me to pay £36 for 600 mins, unlimted text and 500mb data (whch i can afford) BUT they want £294 YES £294 for the handset!! :eek::eek:

When i was looking at the upgrades yesterday (this was before i could upgrade early) the handset was about £130, that was do-able.

but the fact they don't tell you that with an early upgrade they are gonna charge u the earth :mad:

Sorry I'm ranting now, I'm going off to cry under my duvet now :cry::cry::cry:

its a ridiculous amount to pay for a contract phone!
    i would love to know what features are boosting the price up, as far as i can see i think it has somthing to do with the 'beats headphones' which come with the handset, which alot of sites state come 'free' with the phone.
    yes ''free'' after you have paid nearly 300 quid!! :rolleyes::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how early are you trying to upgrade?

and are you currently on a business plan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how early are you trying to upgrade?

and are you currently on a business plan?

I think my contract ends fully at end of May no I'm not on business plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so you still have 6 months on contract, you will be paying a higher hardware contribution for that, nothing too shocking there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so you still have 6 months on contract, you will be paying a higher hardware contribution for that, nothing too shocking there.

Well I've never heard of that before so i was shocked, never mind. :(