Options

Clara knows the Doctor's name and her mental link with River

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Okay, so it seems like Clara knows the Doctor's real name now. This is from both:

1. After she regained her memories of Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS and reading that book.

2. Hearing River say the Doctor's name at his tomb, perhaps.

What implications do you think this will have?

If the mental link between River and Clara was purely because of the conference call, then why would River say to the Doctor "spoilers" regarding it?

So, River and Clara have a mental link, and they both know the Doctor's name.

Coincidence? I think not!

Comments

• Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty clear that Clara must know his name. As for the second that River and Clara are linked - I think that depends on the writers having a good story idea. It's possible but it could also be good bye River it works either way. I suspect it's not been finally decided yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Quite sure Clara could have easily not heard River, you know, while she had a whisperman's hand floating through her chest to stop her heart.

As for Clara knowing his name, possible, but unlikely so far. She did not regain all of her memories. Nor did we see the memory of her opening the book.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was just about to start a thread on this.

Didn't she say she knew his name because it was in the book?
    So when he reset time did that wipe the memory?

But when she went into his timeline would that memory return to her because it still happened eventhough it didn't :confused::D