UFC sold for $4 billion biggest ever transaction in sporting history

DavidKratos92DavidKratos92 Posts: 90
Forum Member
http://gbcworldnews.com/index.php/2016/07/11/dana-white-will-remain-as-president-after-ufc-sold-for-4-billion/

Any mixed martial arts fans on here? How do you think the UFC sale will affect MMA? will it be better or worse

Comments

• codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully it will now get its act together in terms of peds, otherwise its 4bn down the drain
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only the biggest single deal because other sports aren't selling. But, fair play, to go from 2 million to 4 billion in just over twenty years is pretty good marketing. I can't think of any other sport that has become that successful, that quickly. I still hate Dana Shite though.

And funny enough I agree with Codeblue for once. The sport definitely needs to get it act together on PED's. Not to fine Brock Lesnar or Jones is ridiculous, especially when fighters get finded a huge 20% for not making weight. What kind of message are they trying to send out? Maybe they want Putin to invest as well......
  • MrTrav15MrTrav15 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    As far as I am aware it is down to the commission to fine/ban the fighters. Im sure if the UFC also wanted to fine them they could (unless contracts suggest otherwise) but I find it very strange when people say they need to clean up the PED's use in the sport. That is exactly what the UFC has been doing over the last year. They brought it USADA to clean up the sport with the strictest testing in any sport. Hence the reason more and more people are being popped. I do agree that the Lesnar situation is a massive black eye for the company but truthfully who didnt think Lesnar was on something!? As for Jones, as much as I dislike him and as much as he spoilt UFC200, news this week suggests it really was a tainted supplement.