Options

Hotmail (Outlook) - no longer pasting external emoticons?

I am in Windows 7, Mozilla Firefox browser. I used to be able to copy and paste emoticons (from other sites) into an email address in hotmail (Outlook), i.e. via copy image or copy image location. Now this no longer "takes" but gives the original location e.g. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/images/smilies/smiles1/color.gif. I tried typing [image] before this and [/image] after it....still no joy.

I tried to customise the existing emoticons in hotmail (really naff ones there). Having done searches on this, it says to right click a friend (in the email list) which will give 'tools' then 'emoticons' but doing this did not yield the word 'tools'. Any suggestions as to how I can get external emoticons to enter an email in hotmail?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microsoft have changed the way Outlook.com works and only IE works properly. Lots of FF and Chrome users are reporting the same issue.

"I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves. I know a song that will get on your nerves, get, get, get on your nerves." :D

HTH
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    :) OK...thanks for explaining.