Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Nani to move in the summer to Juventus, - Yes please.

Hey , if you could discard Nani and Evra and get in Wesley S and Hazard plus whoever you will suddenly become much more likeable in so many ways ...
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evidently Phil Dowd has failed a fitness test and won't be able to referee next season:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I have it on fairly good authority that he is some way off yet.

I believe Cantona. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Defoe for me, I don't rate him at all.

I would rather try my luck with Nick Powell than Defoe! :D

Only if he can adapt to playing in all positions when the need arises.;)
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if he can adapt to playing in all positions when the need arises.;)

I wouldn't rate him as a goalkeeper, so maybe we should pass on him?! ;)
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »

Pffft. I think it's absurd that we fawn over youth like some have that lad and Morrison. Hot prospects are a dime-a-dozen. When it comes to making the transition up into the first team and coping with the demands of that, is where 99% of them fail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't rate him as a goalkeeper, so maybe we should pass on him?! ;)

Dave the save will be still in work so don't worry.:D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave the save will be still in work so don't worry.:D

And to think my friends laughef at me when I said with s straight face that Dave was the joint best keeper in the Prem! (I cannot deny that Hart is good).
    But they still said that he wasn't or isn't even the best Spanish one in the league, nevermind best overall (they for some strange reason think Reina is! Go figure that one out, as I cannot!).
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think my friends laughef at me when I said with s straight face that Dave was the joint best keeper in the Prem! (I cannot deny that Hart is good).
    But they still said that he wasn't or isn't even the best Spanish one in the league, nevermind best overall (they for some strange reason think Reina is! Go figure that one out, as I cannot!).

Hart will get found out in the Euros... he simply isn't good enough, he's like Chris Woods... behind a good line with no one really having a pop he gets lots of clean sheets; not impressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierenj wrote: »
    Hart will get found out in the Euros... he simply isn't good enough, he's likeHar Chris Woods... behind a good line with no one really having a pop he gets lots of clean sheets; not impressed.

He won't be alone.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't understand the criticism of Hart at all. It seems absolutely ridiculous. Of course not many people 'have a pop' he plays for a top team. How is that any different to Schmeichel and VDS. Those two were hardly exposed on a regular basis, were they?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a terrible nightmare last night that we resigned Hargreaves. I woke up in a pool of sweat and i was a nervous wreck.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I had a terrible nightmare last night that we resigned Hargreaves. I woke up in a pool of sweat and i was a nervous wreck.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone will sign him and then he will say that the citeh medical team used him as a guinea pig seems West Ham like our cast offs:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest instalment in Eden Hazard's protracted exit from Lille is due after Belgium's friendly against England on Saturday 2 June when the 21-year-old playmaker says that he will announce which club he has decided to join: Manchester City, Manchester United or Chelsea.

This guy is milking it, we should pull out and put him in his place.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Out of interest, with the last time this happened (before his last match) did he ever actually say that or was it just a twitter rumour that was repeated so many times it became fact ala the 'I will be wearing blue' nonsense?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What sense would that make? Pull out of signing one of the most promising young players on the continent on the basis that some people wish to be over dramatic that the transfer is being dealt with identically to almost every other major transfer there has ever been in the last fifteen years?

Yeah, letting City sign him would really teach them, wouldn't it?

How do we think transfers work if we get so worked-up over this apparently unique situation where player listens to offers and then decides where he wants to play? Was it all done through drawing of straws, a lucky dip before hand?

The OTT reaction to this is ludicrous. I'm surprised nobody has said 'he has an agent??!?! OMG!!! Unheard of! Don't want him now!!!' or complained that he has two legs, a penis or most of his original teeth.

There is NOTHING unusual or out of the ordinary about this transfer at all aside from the ridiculous posturing from the fans who wish to, as always, make a big drama out of very little.

He only concluded his playing commitments for his club a few days ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He clearly as an ego the size of Jupiter, if we don't sign him we will have dodged a bullet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He clearly as an ego the size of Jupiter, if we don't sign him we will have dodged a bullet.

Based on what? The fact the transfer is SOOO different to every other big transfer there's been?

Exactly what planet do some people live on?

It's mindnumbing how needlessly dramatic some fans can be over ridiculously trivial issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like when fans pretend they're outraged when a player asks for a pay rise and a new contract. Often, you don't hear of it. But when you do it's amusing to see fans pretend they're suddenly outraged by this event they pretend for the sake of the credibility of their own pretend outrage, is somehow completely unique in football.

He finished playing a week ago, he's been negotiating with teams and now he wants to take a few days to decide.

Gosh what a monster. That's never happened before. I'm glad we don't have players who conduct themselves like that. Oh wait...we do. ALL OF THEM!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    The sale of Nani should only be entertained if we bring in either Kagawa or Hazard.

I said yesterday, he'll probably tell the world who he has honoured with his signature, just before pre-season training starts at City.

Dragging it out til August 31 might be too far off even for him, when he started it in Mid May!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I said yesterday, he'll probably tell the world who he has honoured with his signature, just before pre-season training starts at City.

Dragging it out til August 31 might be too far off even for him, when he started it in Mid May!

Why this pretense this transfer is so much different to any other?

If we actually look at what has happened rather than doing the fan 'OMG THIS IS SO UNPRECEDENTED AND I'M OUTRAGED!!!!' nonsense.

He finished playing last week, he's listened to the offers and wants to take a few takes to make sure he makes the right decision.

...is there something I'm not getting about how we're all supposedly shocked at this long-drawn out process that isn't any different to any transfer you could possibly name?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Based on what? The fact the transfer is SOOO different to every other big transfer there's been?

Exactly what planet do some people live on?

It's mindnumbing how needlessly dramatic some fans can be over ridiculously trivial issues.

Tell me the last player we tried to sign, who delayed his decision by a month just so he could milk it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aston Villa have decided to retire Row Z at Villa Park in honour of Emile Heskey.:D:D
This discussion has been closed.