Forum Member
    It's being lit again!!!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Run, you damn woman!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it really funny that a person who moaned yesterday about the coverage of it all, is in this thread given a live update on events happening.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's being lit again!!!

From the beautiful Olympic Mining Lamp :D
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say that the giant flaming pasty at Land's End was a nice touch.
    Forum Member
    The guards should've been issued with electric cattle prods to get the flame moving at a decent pace.
    Forum Member
    Nothing says 'Cornwall' like a steel band.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's hilarious. The guy whose currently "running" with it, has such a bizarre ineffectual bouncy way of running, that the supporting "runners" have been able to start merely walking along in order to keep up. The sweaty bloke with man-boobs who was red in the face and seconds away from having a stroke looks particularly relieved. I hope this isn't televised internationally.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    It's not just ANY flame, it's the Olympic flame, even this miserable old sod can see the relevance of it. Personally, the only part of it all that I'm looking forward to is the closing ceremony but millions of people are going to enjoy the whole spectacle.
    Forum Member
    It's already over 40 minutes behind schedule if they're only in Helston. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is this pretty place?
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the UK plays host to the Olympics, and digitalspy plays host to the biggest bunch of sour-faced old windbags on the entire Internet.
    Forum Member
    Where is this pretty place?

Well it should be Falmouth but the BBC website says it's Helston.

:confused:

If there's a big harbour in a minute then it's Falmouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge wrote: »
    Lol what a bunch of old women and joyless begrudgers!

I wasn't aware anyone was being joyless or begrudging, I'm enjoying it, mainly for the scenery.
    Forum Member
    20 yards and she's out of breath already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it should be Falmouth but the BBC website says it's Helston.

:confused:

If there's a big harbour in a minute then it's Falmouth.

O'K I'll watch out for it.

Just saw the map. Doh!
    Forum Member
    I wasn't aware anyone was being joyless or begrudging, I'm enjoying it, mainly for the scenery.

I agree, plus it's quite compulsive viewing.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already over 40 minutes behind schedule if they're only in Helston. :confused:

Helston! My kind of place! Huzzah! They didn't take it through Porthleven, though, the bastards........:mad:
    Forum Member
    O'K I'll watch out for it.

Just saw the map. Doh!

It must be Helston and they're just running late.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have my suspicions why that may be the case, as the current 'wide load' who was passed the torch managed a full 10 seconds of 'walking pace' "running", before giving up and is now walking along at a brisk waddle pace. :D
    Forum Member
    Is this a wig or a bad dye job?
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I have my suspicions why that may be the case, as the current 'wide load' who was passed the torch managed a full 10 seconds of 'walking pace' "running", before giving up and is now walking along at a brisk waddle pace. :D

I do wonder if the organisers weren't expecting more people to run rather than waddle. :o
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    That's hilarious. The guy whose currently "running" with it, has such a bizarre ineffectual bouncy way of running, that the supporting "runners" have been able to start merely walking along in order to keep up. The sweaty bloke with man-boobs who was red in the face and seconds away from having a stroke looks particularly relieved. I hope this isn't televised internationally.

Why do you hope that? You do realise that the torch bearers are just normal people who have been nominated by others for one reason or another. I don't expect anyone with half a brain cell would expect any of them to break the hundred metres world record.

I'll never understand if something bothers someone do much that they would actually waste their precious life watching it.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peon wrote: »
    the UK plays host to the Olympics, and digitalspy plays host to the biggest bunch of sour-faced old windbags on the entire Internet.

Gold medal winning misery :D

I think the torchwaddlers should have been allowed some individuality about their outfits. The white uniforms for everyone are dull and clinical, once you've seen one person waddle in them you've seen them all. I would have preferred the odd bear suit or giant chicken outfit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how much the damned Olympics are thrust down our throats at every opportunity and wherever possible, I remain totally underwhelmed by every aspect of it.

It's not rammed down our throats, the place I hear most about the olympics is from people posting threads on here all the time