Philips W/S television

WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just got delivery of my 28" Philips W/S television from Comet today.
I did not pay for the tuning in bit as £13 seems a bit steep to pay someone for a few remote presses so I did this myself.

After connecting my digibox to Scart1 (RGB SOCKET) I get a green tinted picture, even tried three different scart leads but to no avail.

I had no problem using my digibox with my last w/s tv so I guess its damaged and needs returning to Comet unless you can help a poor sad chappie who is missing his Star Trek fix!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    out of interest...what model was it? ...28PW6006??
  • WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    28PW6506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to comet CS all week and they initially would only send out an engineer to fix the problem.
    After doing my homework on the net about consumer law I soon got my own way.
    I have got an upgrade to a nice new Sony model arriving this week.
  • lynxlynx Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Simon Widdop
    I have got an upgrade to a nice new Sony model arriving this week.
    Which one ? Ensure that it is acually new.If you search the television forum at www.avforums.com there was a rather large thread regarding a retailer reboxing (and sealing) Sony sets and sending them out as new ( this was after sets were returned for repair).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my sony this morning (as well as my dishwasher - horay!) and the picture on RGB is the bees knees - the on screen menu even has RGB image centering and tilt control to get the picture perfect - thanks Sony, I'll be sticking with you.