Options

IT remake

Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really looking forward to this one, does anyone know when its coming out?? also who could play Pennywise??

ps what was your freakiest moment from the original? mine was when Goergie winked in the photo then it bled.

Comments

• Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on the channel "true stories" a lot. They will have to change the ending a lot. Cillain Murphy could be a good pennywise. No doubt it will be johnny Depp
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    It's on the channel "true stories" a lot. They will have to change the ending a lot. Cillain Murphy could be a good pennywise. No doubt it will be johnny Depp

I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Na Tim Burtons not directing it

:D:cool:
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    I thought this had stalled? It's been in development hell for years.

So much was cut out of the original 2 part adaptation that most Stephen King fans were disappointed. I think to really do the book justice it would be better off as a longer miniseries on one of the US premium cable channels, rather than a standard movie.

I can't imagine anyone doing the role of Pennywise better than Tim Curry, either. I'm sure most agree his performance was really the only saving grace about the original adaptation, which wasn't that great otherwise. He was terrifying! Couldn't imagine Johnny Depp pulling it off, even if Tim Burton were directing ;)
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I thought this had stalled? It's been in development hell for years.

You're right that it was in development hell for years, but there has been a lot of activities once director Cary Fukunaga came on board in 2012. It entered pre-production last December, but halted three weeks later. Looks like there may be some issues with the script.

I'm willing to bet they found potential technical problems during pre-production and halted it to tweak the script to make them work. Perhaps something to do with the two-film structure? I'm not that surprised by that delay because Fukunaga did the same thing to Jane Eyre, True Detective and Sin Nombre. I bet it'll be in pre-production once it's resolved.

To be honest, I'm more excited about Fukunaga working on a film adaptation of a Tom Reiss book, The Black Count (Amazon UK). Can't wait. :D
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read the book years ago, I was really disappointed in the original mini series. The only thing really good about it was Tim Currys portrayal of Pennywise....he was truly frightening.

Having said that, the book is pretty big and to fit everything is would probably be impossible....there are many scenes in the book that should of made it to the screen and didn't.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Having read the book years ago, I was really disappointed in the original mini series. The only thing really good about it was Tim Currys portrayal of Pennywise....he was truly frightening.

Having said that, the book is pretty big and to fit everything is would probably be impossible....there are many scenes in the book that should of made it to the screen and didn't.

People who haven't read it don't believe me about the giant spider and underage orgy :cry::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    People who haven't read it don't believe me about the giant spider and underage orgy :cry::D

Lol, the underage orgy was one of those scenes where I couldn't work out what was going on at first :D ....not sure if that would ever make it to the screen due to the kids ages, I really must read this book again....must be over 20 years since I did......
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    You're right that it was in development hell for years, but there has been a lot of activities once director Cary Fukunaga came on board in 2012. It entered pre-production last December, but halted three weeks later. Looks like there may be some issues with the script.

I'm willing to bet they found potential technical problems during pre-production and halted it to tweak the script to make them work. Perhaps something to do with the two-film structure? I'm not that surprised by that delay because Fukunaga did the same thing to Jane Eyre, True Detective and Sin Nombre. I bet it'll be in pre-production once it's resolved.

To be honest, I'm more excited about Fukunaga working on a film adaptation of a Tom Reiss book, The Black Count (Amazon UK). Can't wait. :D

Interesting, thanks! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Lol, the underage orgy was one of those scenes where I couldn't work out what was going on at first :D ....not sure if that would ever make it to the screen due to the kids ages, I really must read this book again....must be over 20 years since I did......

They defiantly need to leave that seen out, it was bloody messed up, Stephan King must have been on drugs when he wrote that bit. your right I couldn't get my head around it when I read it either, I honestly thought it was going to turn out to be an hulucination or dream or somthing cos of how effed up it was:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They defiantly need to leave that seen out, it was bloody messed up, Stephan King must have been on drugs when he wrote that bit. your right I couldn't get my head around it when I read it either, I honestly thought it was going to turn out to be an hulucination or dream or somthing cos of how effed up it was:o

Yes me too...it was quite graphic as well when Beverley was describing how she knew who was...well let's say "doing it" each time :o:D

I might go and start a thread in books to discuss this and the book in general :)