Cheryl Cole -Woman of the Year...WTF...

Comments

• spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    well i suppose why compete as it would always be her as she is what the media and press think we are interested in, a question did you vote Cheryl? as you know a lot about her, record sales, who is on the album etc..

I did not, I may like her but she's certainly not woman of the year by any stretch of the imagination
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Question - did any of those complaining vote for a "worthy" woman?

I did, i nominated and got 4 others to norminate a woman called Karen Clark who organised the build of the accomodation for the hospice families.

But shes not pretty and hasnt been cheated on...

your question is quite derogatory in a way, assuming we're all just whining for whining sake:rolleyes: and with the worthy in speechmarks.. try being less patronisning.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not, I may like her but she's certainly not woman of the year by any stretch of the imagination

:D:D well we do agree on something:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    I did, i nominated and got 4 others to norminate a woman called Karen Clark who organised the build of the accomodation for the hospice families.

But shes not pretty and hasnt been cheated on...

your question is quite derogatory in a way, assuming we're all just whining for whining sake:rolleyes: and with the worthy in speechmarks.. try being less patronisning.

I'm not assuming anything, that's why I asked. I put "worthy" in quotes simply because it's a subjective term, what you may think is worthy of this awad some else may not. Sorry if it came across as patronisning, I was simply wondering who other people may have nominated - if anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the criteria for the award :confused:

Over exposure and over hyped by the media maybe :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not assuming anything, that's why I asked. I put "worthy" in quotes simply because it's a subjective term, what you may think is worthy of this awad some else may not. Sorry if it came across as patronisning, I was simply wondering who other people may have nominated - if anyone.

It came across as you were almost eyerolling and asking "well did YOU bother suggesting anyone else" i,.e you cant complain if you didnt ~~~was the tone i got from it... apologies if it wasnt intended that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It came across as you were almost eyerolling and asking "well did YOU bother suggesting anyone else" i,.e you cant complain if you didnt ~~~was the tone i got from it... apologies if it wasnt intended that way.

Nope that was pretty much how it was intended! But as you said, you did nominate someone so fair enough, I was wrong!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope that was pretty much how it was intended! But as you said, you did nominate someone so fair enough, I was wrong!

ha! lol :) that made me smile, i love a bit of honesty thank you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Of course she is woman of the year.... she beat up a girl in a club, and can't sing and mimes instead.

A great example to the children of this country... and a woman I look up to

Or not.

You are so right! Way more worthy winners!!!!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There weren't any nominations if I recall - you could enter any (woman) you wanted...

Sounds dirty :eek:
    Forum Member
    I watched GMTV this morning and Sara Payne was on it saying that after 10 years of campaining for Sarah's law the government has finally rolled it out across the country.

There is one worthy winner, I'm sure we can all think of more people like this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glamour magazine is hardly a notable publication though... Wonder what the average age of their reader is??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cazk29 wrote: »
    I watched GMTV this morning and Sara Payne was on it saying that after 10 years of campaining for Sarah's law the government has finally rolled it out across the country.

There is one worthy winner, I'm sure we can all think of more people like this

Agree, and what was the name of the woman whose daughter Julie got raped and murdered? she helped bring about the giving out of rape alarms and whistles at colleges and nursing dorms etc...
    Forum Member
    Ellie82 wrote: »
    Glamour magazine is hardly a notable publication though... Wonder what the average age of their reader is??

That's true. The annoying thing is though that the story gets reported in the news, like it's a big deal :mad:

Not sure of the average age
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Cheryl ;)
    I love when things like this get on the haters nerves ahahah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member

Me too. Congrats, darling! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I guess the other nominees were Jordan and Kerry Katona...
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Perhaps you would enlighten as to why you think she is "Woman of the Year"?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats nice, why do you think she deserves to be woman of the year? :) i'd be interested in finding out what shes done (apart from just being a pop princess i mean)
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's wearing a ring on her wedding finger again. She's also got it on the other hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats nice, why do you think she deserves to be woman of the year? :) i'd be interested in finding out what shes done (apart from just being a pop princess i mean)

I didn't say I thought she deserved to win, I just like it when people get annoyed by things like this...its kinda funny. There are more deserving people but looking at all the winners from that ceremony there are much better winners that I could have thought of. For example the TV Actress award I wouldn't have given to Billie Piper, but that's my opinion.

Also, I think she's dealt with the cheating and her oncoming divorce really well, she just gets on with things unlike people in the past AKA Heather Mills. Also she's moderately talented and is a good role model e.g you don't see her falling out of clubs every single night and she's inspirational in the way she's made something for herself and has tried from a young age. There are far worse people out there tbh.

Who would you have given ''Woman of the Year'' to then?
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Cole who left a toilet attendant in a pool of blood is now woman of the year?

FFS.

is that a fact or a figment of your imagination ? i have never seen that reported. maybe you could provide links to support this claim
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    is that a fact or a figment of your imagination ? i have never seen that reported. maybe you could provide links to support this claim

They are probably talking about Sophie whatsherface.
    The lying money grabbing fool.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    So Glamour magazine have voted her woman of the year? Well hardly a shock is it?

Not like some great scientist or a woman who cured cancer has been overlooked is it?
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »

nope, it's true http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3207822.stm