Did Cat Deeley's US career plans flop?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I notice she is doing presenting and celeb appearances here in the UK again.

Comments

• C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's still presenting So You Think You Can Dance? for FOX which is the same show she did for BBC1.

She also did fill-in spots on The Today Show (which is pretty big) and Live With Regis & Kelly.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    She's still presenting So You Think You Can Dance? for FOX which is the same show she did for BBC1.

She also did fill-in spots on The Today Show (which is pretty big) and Live With Regis & Kelly.

Im surprised she is doing stuff in the UK if she is getting gigs like that
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    shes been doing well in the US but for whatever reason the UK press aren't reporting on her :(
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is wise to keep her uk profile as high as possible as her hollywood contracts could well be short lived. Added to which her family are all here, celebs such at CD thrive on tv exposure and spending 4 months or so here not working would be alien to her.

I don't watch her shows personally due to her accent but used to watch her years ago on stars in their eyes.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    shes been doing well in the US but for whatever reason the UK press aren't reporting on her :(

What is there to report thought? It's great that she's sucessful, but that's not really a story that has a lot of milage, especially when she's appearing on shows that aren't aired over here and we can't watch (And probably not really aware of - I'm not sure the The Today Show or Live With Regis & Kelly will be on many radars for Brits). I think her success would be of limited interested.

And unfortunately she's kind of fallen off the radar over here. Since her profile has been so low in the UK, I don't think she's 'current' anymore. That means even less interest. I think she's been replaced with Christine, Fern, Holly etc. who get all the buzz in the press these days.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »

thats because she i doing well once is goes bad for her thats when the uk press starts lol.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's done extremely well over there - pretty much become a household name.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's currently appearing in a very annoying, hair-flicky Pantene ad.

She always comes across as being utterly pretentious and false.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    katkim wrote: »
    What is there to report thought? It's great that she's sucessful, but that's not really a story that has a lot of milage, especially when she's appearing on shows that aren't aired over here and we can't watch (And probably not really aware of - I'm not sure the The Today Show or Live With Regis & Kelly will be on many radars for Brits). I think her success would be of limited interested.

And unfortunately she's kind of fallen off the radar over here. Since her profile has been so low in the UK, I don't think she's 'current' anymore. That means even less interest. I think she's been replaced with Christine, Fern, Holly etc. who get all the buzz in the press these days.

Erm, I think if I had the choice I would rather be a high profile TV star in the USA than the UK. I think she is great presenter and deserves her success. The likes of Fern, Christine etc wouldn't stand a chance. I note that Ant and Dec have tried to invade US TV with no success. They must be seething that their erstwhile co-opresenter was not expected to, yet managed it with consummate ease :-)
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »
    Erm, I think if I had the choice I would rather be a high profile TV star in the USA than the UK. I think she is great presenter and deserves her success. The likes of Fern, Christine etc wouldn't stand a chance. I note that Ant and Dec have tried to invade US TV with no success. They must be seething that their erstwhile co-opresenter was not expected to, yet managed it with consummate ease :-)

I didn't make any comment about Ant, Dec, Christine or Fern wanting or trying to break America. So, I'm not sure what you point is in relation to my post? :confused:

My comment was a response to why Cat's US success isn't being reported in the UK media.

It's not totally weird that the UK media will focus on UK presenters working on shows on UK TV such as Christine or Fern or Holly, rather than presenters on American shows, such as Cat, which don't even air here (or at least, not on the main channels). I would expect Americans to have jsut as much interest in British TV presenters on shows that don't air over there. That makes sense to me.

If Cat returns to UK TV then I'm sure the media will be interested in her again because she's back on our radar. Until then...
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »

I agree. Good for her that she's getting regular and steady work in the US. I like her as a presenter and she seems really nice as a person.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    She recently was a presenter on the big Stand Up To Cancer telethon as well. She's definitely done great over there and is well-known.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Can't take to the woman personally, but as far as I know she's been pretty successful in the States, definately a known name these days.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for the days of CD UK over again! :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cat the dog!
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably nice for her to spend some time in the UK so she can catch up with family and friends, and to boost her profile again. She was presenting the same show here that she'd done in the US, with the same production team, so it made a lot of sense for her to come here for that.