Phillip Schofield's rudeness on Twitter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Give the guy a break. Who really thinks the wrong person went? Katona is a better dancer/skaterthan comedy dave so she deserved to be saved!

The public voted for them to be in the bottom 2 ( or not voted )

He is protecting his "baby" by saying what he says about doi

I disagree - the better skater went out IMO.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew he was scum when he aided the humiliation of Kerry Katona when she was interviewed on This Morning-The ep where she was slurring her words,etc. When someone goads a mentally unstable woman on his TV show because he knows what headlnes are being created as a result, you know for certain that he has zero behavioural standards
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    He's never got over the fact that Gordon the Gopher was more loved that he was! I've never thought he was half as nice as most people seem to make out he is.

He's also smug faced and creepy looking.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's never got over the fact that Gordon the Gopher was more loved that he was! I've never thought he was half as nice as most people seem to make out he is.

Gordon should have replaced Fern, we would not have this issue to deal with had this happened!:D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I knew he was scum when he aided the humiliation of Kerry Katona when she was interviewed on This Morning-The ep where she was slurring her words,etc. When someone goads a mentally unstable woman on his TV show because he knows what headlnes are being created as a result, you know for certain that he has zero behavioural standards

I don't know if I'd call him "scum", but I don't really like him very much anymore. I think it was around the time that he got the Dancing on Ice gig that he became up himself. In the first series he wasn't so bad, but in the second one he started shouting like the audience and viewers were all deaf. I hate how smug he looks and sounds when he says, "gonna find out after the break" on the Skate Off!!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    Gordon should have replaced Fern, we would not have this issue to deal with had this happened!:D
    Gordon was too busy, so they hired another puppet of Schofield.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it quite ironic people are saying he spends too long on twitter, yet spend time criticising him for it. If his view is that people who dislike a program due to the nature is to 'stop watching it' then that is his view. I didn't know that he had to treat them any differently.
    People who follow him on twitter and then complain about it, why follow him at all then. It doesn't make any normal sense.
    Are celebs, people on tv etc not allowed their own personal views or do they have to follow joe public views and conduct?
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    He there not liking it - they should stop watching - he has a point.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He annoys the life out of me.
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Well I'm happy to be in the minority here.

Philip can do or say no wrong in my eyes and I've always had a soft spot for him.

He's gorgeous and I love him now as much as I did when he was in the broom cupboard.

I'm 40 now and still smitten.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I'd call him "scum", but I don't really like him very much anymore. I think it was around the time that he got the Dancing on Ice gig that he became up himself. In the first series he wasn't so bad, but in the second one he started shouting like the audience and viewers were all deaf. I hate how smug he looks and sounds when he says, "gonna find out after the break" on the Skate Off!!:mad:
    I agree.... I used to like him on Saturday mornings but he's such an arrogant, smug, conceited big head now
    and having Holly as his sidekick (my OH calls her an airhead) just boosts his ego even more!!! :eek: :yawn:
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow Richard Madeley on Twitter as well, and he's totally different to how you'd expect him to be. He seems down to earth, likable and his tweets are always interesting. He always tries to answer people who tweet him as well. Maybe being away from TV has brought him back to earth or something? But I do know he comes across as a lot more likable than Schofield is.

Madeley is harmless whereas Schofield and Edmonds really rate themselves and are full of ugly self importance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has become increasingly smug and unbearable. The constant obsessions with himself and his own programmes is tacky. His attempts at “humour” are desperate constantly mentioning something like “muff” and desperately looking for applause.

It's ever since the power shift at This Morning shifted from Fern to him. I think her ex-agent alluded to it in his book.

It does amuse me when his orangey-tango-tanned face veneer slips and his irrational dislike of something like Strictly shines through. He is also very rude to some of the TV Chefs.

On Twitter he is the classic case of someone who can give it out but not take it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I can't see why you think he has done anything wrong, he certainly wasn't rude, just commenting on the amount of angry calls and tweets he got about the show, which surely would be a pretty normal response from ANYONE.

We sure do love to knock people in the public eye down in this country for the slightest little thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Bless him - he was OK doing kids TV but when he went to do adults stuff his ego seems to have exploded. He's hardly Jeremy Paxman....
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I'd like to add my own "Philip S being a bit of a twonk" moment.

I was watching Beat the Nation several years ago, and they went to the bit where they reveal the cumulative results of each of the countries of the UK. They revealed that Wales was last then England came in third. Philip S could not hide his surprise that England was only in third place. :D He let out a sort of disgusted and surprised "Oh."
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I done what he suggested, I stopped watching DOI and he's the reason why. Can't stand him.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like him on Going Live, Broom Cupboard, Talking Telephone Numbers, etc. - even the early days of This Morning until he became Mr Golden Handcuffs ITV.

I can't stand his shouting and constant mugging to the camera on DOI. That programme is ridiculously overhyped for what it actually is: minor 'celebrities' skating around to music.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    That programme is ridiculously overhyped for what it actually is: minor 'celebrities' skating around to music.

I know, can't believe it's actually become popular. I thought it would go the way of Celebrity Love Island and Soapstar Superstar.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

(in high pitched voice)'tweet eet tweet' - what's that Gordon? Phillip is an overgrown jealous mummy's boy and you want his hand out of your backside NOW? Okay I'll call Childline.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I've hated him ever since he called me a twonk on Twitter :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God someone needs to remind Mr Smuggy Smug Smug, that the only reason he's on This Morning is because of John Leslie's misdemeanours. He'd be long forgotten washed up has been how otherwise;)

Very true.;)
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    Well I'm happy to be in the minority here.

Philip can do or say no wrong in my eyes and I've always had a soft spot for him.

He's gorgeous and I love him now as much as I did when he was in the broom cupboard.

I'm 40 now and still smitten.

Glad i'm not the only one...i dont understand the silver fox hate ;)
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've hated him ever since he called me a twonk on Twitter :o
    What did you say to him before he called you a twonk? Come now, tell the truth and shame the devil :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I always thought he seemed OK - but I have been told by somebody who has seen him at work - that he can be 'not particularly pleasant' on occasions.

I agree he has become a bit too big for his own boots.