Cilla Black Blocked?

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have said this before but Dusty Springfield, troubled as she was, was at her peak around the same time as Cilla, and musically/ vocally, Cilla couldn't touch Dusty. Not even close.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's probably got a bit of a mean streak now and again but havent we all? I saw the room 101 episode and she's scared of flying - so makes sense she'd be a bit uptight with the cabin crew :)
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    I saw the room 101 episode and she's scared of flying - so makes sense she'd be a bit uptight with the cabin crew :)

But how is her fear of flying the cabin crew's fault? Why would she be rude to/about them even then? I can understand her being a bit "off" as in not completely cheerful, but it sounds like she's a nightmare and there isn't ever a need for that.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    But how is her fear of flying the cabin crew's fault? Why would she be rude to/about them even then? I can understand her being a bit "off" as in not completely cheerful, but it sounds like she's a nightmare and there isn't ever a need for that.

No I know - but I think she said she found them annoying - when they did the safety procedures bit at the beginning - she said it made her more nervous about crashing!

She also said that people took photos of her on planes when she was asleep on their camera phones and them sent them into heat magazine - I'd be pretty annoyed if that sort of thing happened to me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    I have heard Paul O Grady is a very nice down to earth and genuine person- so why would he be friends with a 'bitch from hell' That said Ive heard shes not that pleasant.

I think Paul O is a nice bloke, but I remember when I worked in a club in the late 80s, he used to perfrom as Lily Savage monthly. He/she did nothing but criticise Cilla then - absolutely loathed her. So not sure when the love in started...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    An old school friend of mine works as cabin crew for BA. I'm so tempted to message him on Facebook and ask if it's true about Cilla being a nightmare:D

That's so funny - see my post on the other forum from this morning regarding nice/not nice celebs. My friends husband is a steward - says they avoid the flight like the plague if she's on the list. It's nothing to do with a fear of flying - more about a fear of suffocating because her head is so far up her own backside. Apparently she is hideous.
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »
    I think Paul O is a nice bloke, but I remember when I worked in a club in the late 80s, he used to perfrom as Lily Savage monthly. He/she did nothing but criticise Cilla then - absolutely loathed her. So not sure when the love in started...

They got massive friends in the 90's I think and Paul O'Grady has mentioned before how he didn't like her much but that was before he had met her, he now loves her and has many holidays with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    archie2000 wrote: »
    The 'professional scouser' is not as loved in her home city as much as she would have you believe either

God no! She's generally viewed as a stuck-up cow! And for the record, nobody here speaks like that!:D
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say, I have heard nothing but nice things about POG.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's probably got a bit of a mean streak now and again but havent we all? I saw the room 101 episode and she's scared of flying - so makes sense she'd be a bit uptight with the cabin crew :)

You seem to have a sweet nature .. but no it doesn't make sense .. cabin crew have a lousy busy job but even in my advanced years I have never seen or heard a single one of them be rude to a passenger and that has to be hard for them, there is no excuse for Ms Black
  • holyfreakinmolyholyfreakinmoly Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    She is loathed here in Liverpool, a couple of years ago she was in Panto and was vile to people (alledgedly).

I actually used to like Paul OGrady,but If anyone remembers years ago he too hated Cilla Black............he said she and Tarby had forgotten their roots.........now...........busom buddies.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Being civil doesn't mean being rude. There's no need to be bitchy with staff even if you're scared of flying or whatever. I'm sure they'd sense your fear and try to calm you down.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Being civil doesn't mean being rude. There's no need to be bitchy with staff even if you're scared of flying or whatever. I'm sure they'd sense your fear and try to calm you down.

First time I ever flew on a plane (2003), I was violently sick (I was terrified and tried so hard to be 'normal'). In front of Mr Q, his sister and our daughter. I really did feel bad and stupid, but the crew were absolutely marvellous to me. Really sweet. This was with BA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

It's nothing to do with being scared we've seen numerous accounts of her being rude for no reason, flying doesn't seem to make a difference to her basic nastiness.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    There are lots and lots of stories of Cilla being a total b*tch from hell.

I have been amazed at the number of stories about Cilla just here on the DS Forum. Very disillusioned but I hate her on Loose Women but the rate the show is going down the tubes it will probably be cancelled soon. All they ever talk about is men and they make women look ridiculous!! Sad that the only day time show with mature women sounds like teenagers who have never matured and dislike men!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that Cilla even wants to be back on the TV unless her money has run out.
    Why doesn't she just enjoy her retirement?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not overkeen on Cilla-but dislike Esther Rantzen and Janet Street Porter more, somehow.

At least Esther has tried to do something positive - if nothing else she was influentially in setting up Childline. Janet Street-Porter doesn't seem that bad to me - she's got an irritating voice and seems to think she's cooler than she actually is but that's a lot of these celeb types - Julie Birchill seems to be chronically guilty of that too and she's seems a lot nastier about it. I remember slagging Birchill off when I worked in Liverpool and saying afterwards maybe I'm being unfair and she's lovely in real life and a collegue who'd met her confirmed she wasn't.
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been amazed at the number of stories about Cilla just here on the DS Forum. Very disillusioned but I hate her on Loose Women but the rate the show is going down the tubes it will probably be cancelled soon. All they ever talk about is men and they make women look ridiculous!! Sad that the only day time show with mature women sounds like teenagers who have never matured and dislike men!!!

Loose Women will never be cancelled while it wins awards. :(

I agree it's a shame that one of the only shows on the box to feature older women is so vile, unapologetically sexist and embarrassing. I'm not saying older women should automatically be frumpy housewives who only leave the house to help out at the church fate, but Loose Women is nothing but an exercise in promoting misandry and what's worse is the fact that a show with men bitching about women to even the balance would never be allowed.
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Have said this before but Dusty Springfield, troubled as she was, was at her peak around the same time as Cilla, and musically/ vocally, Cilla couldn't touch Dusty. Not even close.

I like Dusty very much she was a great singer, Cilla though had the better songs and George Martin the best producer ever! I like the top 4 girls of the 60's Dusty, Cilla, Sandie and Lulu and have since I was little but now I think Leona Lewis is better than all 4 put together.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a child in the 60's, i was fortunate that my parents had good taste in music, so i was raised on Dusty Springfield songs ~ there were no Cilla or Lulu records to be found in their record collection.

I do recall my dear late father once commenting that "Cilla Black only speaks and sings through her nose cos she's worn her mouth out", whilst watching her 'Cilla Show' (or whatever it was called).

I was never exactly a fan of hers, but i could always take her or leave her, until, that is, around the mid-80's (at the height of her 'Blind Date' presenting days), when i read a Sunday newspaper interview with her and she was blatantly bragging about how well she'd done for herself. It wasn't the huge house or the Bentley she owned which i found offensive ~ it was the part where she bragged about having a wardrobe stuffed full of various real fur coats. I abhor animal cruelty and cannot understand why some people regard possessing expensive animal pelts as some kind of status symbol. I despised the woman from that moment on.
  • maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    Loose Women will never be cancelled while it wins awards. :(

my God what awards does Loose Women win? And which shows lost, how awful must they be.
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After wondering why Cilla is not seen much on tv anymore, and reading these posts regarding her attitude, the saying 'Be nice to people on the way up, because you may meet them on the way down' springs to mind.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    After wondering why Cilla is not seen much on tv anymore, and reading these posts regarding her attitude, the saying 'Be nice to people on the way up, because you may meet them on the way down' springs to mind.

There seems to be too many people saying negative things about her for this to be wrong. I don't know because I've never met her/come across her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very right wing.

I saw her on Loose Women the day after the Japanese tsunami, and she was saying 'well it's awful, of course, but with the greatest respect to Japanese people, most of us don't know anyone there do we? Now what really worries me is what they're saying about how it could reach Hawaii ...'

(Where some of her loaded ex-pat friends live, probably). She makes my skin crawl. The subtext of what she was saying was 'well at least it's only Japanese people .. not such a disaster as if it had been somewhere important'
  • Dead ParrotDead Parrot Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've have family members who knew her quite well before she was famous, (and known as Pricilla White) and they've never had a nice word to say about her. Even then, they couldn't stand her. And, as others have said, she's not particularly well liked on Merseyside to this day.