Tickets (Part 2)

Comments

• robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaas23 wrote: »
    Can someone PLEASE tell me where to stream online? The C4 coverage is below sh**

Have you checked out the additional channels provided by channel 4?
  • infomaninfoman Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Hi there

Having previously not been that bothered as to whether I get into the stadium or not to see some athletics, I now actually think that might be fun to do.

What are the chances of getting a ticket for an evening session so late in the Paralympic schedule?

I must say I really enjoyed my day in the Park on Sunday. The morning swimming was great and then just wondering round the park was really good too.

The only disappointment for me has been the lack of coverage and interest from the newspapers; broadcasters and the Olympic Broadcast Services.

I was expecting the same high quality filming of the Olympics. If the Olympics were filmed only as well as the Paralympics I wouldn't have noticed but they were not. When I was at the rowing on Saturday, the only close ups of the spectators was still photographs. In fact one completer didn't even that get! The towers for the overhead camera were there but the camera itself had gone.

I've not even mentioned the sports which are not being filmed. I expected them all to be filmed.

Perhaps LOCOG over raised our expectations because although I knew the lack of coverage on the BBC in previous years, I didn't expect to find sports not being filmed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Have you checked out the additional channels provided by channel 4?

which, where?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a minor drop just now but everything was gone within half an hour....I'm also convinced Orbit tickets have sold out now.....getting a ticket now will just be a stroke of luck imo.
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    infoman wrote: »
    Hi there

Having previously not been that bothered as to whether I get into the stadium or not to see some athletics, I now actually think that might be fun to do.

What are the chances of getting a ticket for an evening session so late in the Paralympic schedule?

I picked up tickets to the athletics for Friday's night session at about 5:30pm today on the official website.

They're releasing 10,000 tickets every day in two batches, one in the morning (between 9am-11am) and one in the evening (between 5pm and 8pm). Keep checking and you might get lucky.

As a previous poster said, they go pretty quickly though!

I was at the Aquatics Centre on Saturday night and absolutely loved it! Thought I'd missed my chance to go to the Olympic Stadium but now I'm going! Can't wait! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    highnal wrote: »
    I picked up tickets to the athletics for Friday's night session at about 5:30pm today on the official website.

They're releasing 10,000 tickets every day in two batches, one in the morning (between 9am-11am) and one in the evening (between 5pm and 8pm). Keep checking and you might get lucky.

As a previous poster said, they go pretty quickly though!

I was at the Aquatics Centre on Saturday night and absolutely loved it! Thought I'd missed my chance to go to the Olympic Stadium but now I'm going! Can't wait! :D

Do they do that though? I didn't see any at all this morning, and I was regularly checking the website....it was only this evening that quite a few showed up....maybe they alternate between morning and evening drops...?
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Do they do that though? I didn't see any at all this morning, and I was regularly checking the website....it was only this evening that quite a few showed up....maybe they alternate between morning and evening drops...?

Not sure about today as I didn't get to check until this afternoon but yesterday there was definitely two drops. Neither were of interest to me though as they weren't in the Olympic Park.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    highnal wrote: »
    Not sure about today as I didn't get to check until this afternoon but yesterday there was definitely two drops. Neither were of interest to me though as they weren't in the Olympic Park.

Oh that's probably why I didn't see it, I'm hoping they start ramping up the drops now seeing as though there are only 5 days left until it's all over...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone, been lurking a while on here and I've found the advice really useful and managed to get a good few tickets I wanted. Anyway, when they did a drop at the weekend I got cat C (£100) tickets for Closing Ceremony for a friend, but she can't now go.
    So......
    it seems only fair to offer them on here. Face value, and I have four. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    The three Friday Evening Cat A Swimming Tickets are still available. PM me if interested.
    Hello, PM'd you earlier. Still available?
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    infoman wrote: »
    Hi there

Very very very slim to none. You've left it waaaaay too late. You are relying on utter luck to get one if you happen to be on the site within seconds of any further drops, and getting lucky on top of that.
    Forum Member
    Oh that's probably why I didn't see it, I'm hoping they start ramping up the drops now seeing as though there are only 5 days left until it's all over...
    There are next to no tickets left, there is no ability to ramp up, its too late at this stage, all but a few tickets have been sold.

Its utter luck to get tickets (which frankly it has been for weeks, but you are now in absurdly tiny odds territory)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    There are next to no tickets left, there is no ability to ramp up, its too late at this stage, all but a few tickets have been sold.

Its utter luck to get tickets (which frankly it has been for weeks, but you are now in absurdly tiny odds territory)

Don't forget resales and changes in plans/dignitaries/sponsors pulling out of events will always mean there are 'some' tickets around....I agree that the numbers of tickets are getting smaller, but even so the drops have been quite big at this stage in the Games so I wouldn't be surprised if they put on a few more Park Passes etc before this is all over. There's still a chance to get tickets, but from now the odds of getting one are getting smaller much faster with every drop.
  • davsmi9davsmi9 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    There was a minor drop just now but everything was gone within half an hour....I'm also convinced Orbit tickets have sold out now.....getting a ticket now will just be a stroke of luck imo.

I was in the park today and there were limited Orbit tickets available at the box office when I checked at 1.30 - particularly for the evening sessions (all the sessions 7.30pm onwards were available). I'm guessing they keep a small number back for on-the-day sales.

Certainly it's worth checking the box office inside the park if you're there anyway and do still want an Orbit ticket. No guarantees obviously.
    Forum Member
    Don't forget resales and changes in plans/dignitaries/sponsors pulling out of events will always mean there are 'some' tickets around....I agree that the numbers of tickets are getting smaller, but even so the drops have been quite big at this stage in the Games so I wouldn't be surprised if they put on a few more Park Passes etc before this is all over. There's still a chance to get tickets, but from now the odds of getting one are getting smaller much faster with every drop.
    Some, but with thousands of people wanting them, and everyone hooked up to Twitter/automatic feeds, everyone is jumping on tickets as soon as they appear. Its luck now. Simple luck, apart from the Closing Ceremony where there have been consistantly been top price tickets, but even those will disappear as time passes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davsmi9 wrote: »
    I was in the park today and there were limited Orbit tickets available at the box office when I checked at 1.30 - particularly for the evening sessions (all the sessions 7.30pm onwards were available). I'm guessing they keep a small number back for on-the-day sales.

Certainly it's worth checking the box office inside the park if you're there anyway and do still want an Orbit ticket. No guarantees obviously.

Yeah I saw this when I was there last Saturday...but the queue was going past McDonalds at 10am! My next session in the park is on the 9th where the Orbit sessions only run up until 3pm so I'm a bit worried about my chances...
    Forum Member
    Yeah I saw this when I was there last Saturday...but the queue was going past McDonalds at 10am! My next session in the park is on the 9th where the Orbit sessions only run up until 3pm so I'm a bit worried about my chances...
    Look on the flipside and be grateful if by some incredible luck you get some, rather than being disappointed that you dont.
  • davsmi9davsmi9 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    but the queue was going past McDonalds at 10am!

No queue at all at the one near the Orbit when I went at 1.30pm - but presumably there wouldn't have been any left if the last session had been at 3pm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    Look on the flipside and be grateful if by some incredible luck you get some, rather than being disappointed that you dont.

True :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davsmi9 wrote: »
    No queue at all at the one near the Orbit when I went at 1.30pm - but presumably there wouldn't have been any left if the last session had been at 3pm!

They do have a list with all the sessions, and the ones that are sold out have black Xs on them....
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to the swimming Friday evening session starts at 5:30 we'll be using the Javelin to get to the Park but how much time should we allow to get through security etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    One basketball ticket for Wednesday day still available if able to collect from Croydon before 10am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Going to the swimming Friday evening session starts at 5:30 we'll be using the Javelin to get to the Park but how much time should we allow to get through security etc
    Been to the Olympics and Paras and walked straight through security without any wait both times, you should be fine! Have an awesome time! :D
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

It's never taken me more than 15 minutes to get through security, more commonly it's 5 minutes or less. However to be on the safe side I would allow for half an hour just in case.