American soaps revived

NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
Forum Member
✭✭
This may not be of interest to everyone, indeed I don't believe either show 'All my Children' and 'One Life to Live' were ever shown here, but fans of American daytime may be pleased to hear this news. The last few years have been bleak for American soaps, with them dropping like flies.

If only they would revive sunset beach...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lesleyanncoker/2013/01/07/soaps-back-from-the-dead-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live-revived-online/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never watched either of them but I think it's a very cool, exciting idea. This could be the future!
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have watched these on Channel 5 back around year 1999.

Day Of Our Lives
    Sunset Beach
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it works out, by the end AMC was boring me lol
    but I love OLTL so if it comes back hope theres a way to watch here.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to get in to As The World Turns once but I struggled with it 1 hour for a 5 day a week soap is too much no wonder they are losing viewers, its too much for anyone to regularly commit to, if they wanted a future for the soaps they should reduce them to half an hour and have all the networks arrange a schedule with very little clashing.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may not be of interest to everyone, indeed I don't believe either show 'All my Children' and 'One Life to Live' were ever shown here, but fans of American daytime may be pleased to hear this news. The last few years have been bleak for American soaps, with them dropping like flies.

If only they would revive sunset beach...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lesleyanncoker/2013/01/07/soaps-back-from-the-dead-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live-revived-online/

If they brought back sunset beach back I'd run round the town naked with excitement!
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    If they brought back sunset beach back I'd run round the town naked with excitement!

I did make to the last episode, it was an emotional day :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    I tried to get in to As The World Turns once but I struggled with it 1 hour for a 5 day a week soap is too much no wonder they are losing viewers, its too much for anyone to regularly commit to, if they wanted a future for the soaps they should reduce them to half an hour and have all the networks arrange a schedule with very little clashing.

That could've just been because it was ATWT lol, that was 1 that I never minded if I missed an ep. As I knew I wouldnt miss much. Unlike OLTL, General Hospital which are on my 'can't miss' list
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    That could've just been because it was ATWT lol, that was 1 that I never minded if I missed an ep. As I knew I wouldnt miss much. Unlike OLTL, General Hospital which are on my 'can't miss' list

no there was some decent storyline's going on but I found the episodes dragged a bit towards the end and needed at least 15 minutes shaving off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it is quite a big chunk of time a week watching the American Soaps. Think theres a rumor that AMC/OLTL could come back as half hour shows which might work.

A few AMC cast members have been revealed to have signed up, but only 1 from OLTL.

Think OLTL has had less announced as they have 3 of their characters( plus 2 making occasional appearences) on General Hospital. I'd love Todd ( Roger Howarth) back on OLTL but I think he fits on GH really well.
  • NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news for the American soap opera.