Nick Grimshaw does my head in!

124»

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sams83 wrote: »
    Actually the person you're replying to is right - in so far as we know from people who ACTUALLY know Nick Grimshaw, as opposed to tabloid hack jobs and People On The Internet. Matt Fincham (his producer) has commented twice on his lack of ego, the first time they'd just moved studio and Nick jokingly asked if he'd wrangled it by saying Nick was demanding they changed. To paraphrase Matt, that wouldn't work because "everyone knows you're not like that, you're a nice guy". Add that to all the Call or Deletes when Nick tries to get celebrities to say getting the Breakfast Show's 'changed him' and turned him into a diva and so far not a single person has believed them. In fact they usually protest quite strongly that he wouldn't act that way (I particularly liked Caroline Flack's "Grimmy woudn't do that, he's everyone's friend" to Olly Murs). I have yet to hear anything bad about the man from the people who know him and spend time with him (of which there are a lot - perhaps because he's fun and a good friend? Just a crazy thought!)

Yes it is a crazy thought funnily enough, because having a big ego has nothing to do with how nice your friends think you are or how much fun you are.
    Sometimes someones ego can be quite self evident without anybody needing to actually know that person on a personal level.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the person you're replying to is right - in so far as we know from people who ACTUALLY know Nick Grimshaw, as opposed to tabloid hack jobs and People On The Internet. Matt Fincham (his producer) has commented twice on his lack of ego, the first time they'd just moved studio and Nick jokingly asked if he'd wrangled it by saying Nick was demanding they changed. To paraphrase Matt, that wouldn't work because "everyone knows you're not like that, you're a nice guy". Add that to all the Call or Deletes when Nick tries to get celebrities to say getting the Breakfast Show's 'changed him' and turned him into a diva and so far not a single person has believed them. In fact they usually protest quite strongly that he wouldn't act that way (I particularly liked Caroline Flack's "Grimmy woudn't do that, he's everyone's friend" to Olly Murs). I have yet to hear anything bad about the man from the people who know him and spend time with him (of which there are a lot - perhaps because he's fun and a good friend? Just a crazy thought!)

His producer is hardly going to slag him off is he? He has invested time and money in the guy because he has to and would look a bit of a tool if he turned round and publicly denounced him as an egotistical twot.

And Caroline Flack and other hangers on are hardly arbiters of objective criticism.

Just a crazy thought.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,036
    Forum Member
    Grimshaw doesn't seem to have an ego and doesn't seem up himself. But he does seem to have some need to be friends with every 'cool' celeb going, he seems a bit needy in that way. As others have said he doesn't seem to have any friends in normal walks of life, and when he chats to people on his radio show who do average jobs and live mundane lifestyles - he does seem to struggle to relate to them at all.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find him a bit creepy TBH,,he maybe a lovely man in real life to those who really know him, but i cant take to him for some reason, when i saw him at the Brits with that Cordon on his knee i just thought what a pair of pathetic attention seeking pratts:rolleyes:..
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I can't stand him either, thought I'd give him a chance when he started, but switched over to another station once he kept playing one direction songs on a loop.

Why oh why did they have to get rid of Chris Moyles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I think he is great. Naturally funny and victimless humour. Self-depricating and SOO much better than that oaf Chris Moyles.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You lost me right there. She's f^cking odious.