Jemima not a RACIST!!!! Big Brother wrong to call her in.

casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
Forum Member
Jemima is not my favourite but Gina used the race card tonight. Totally disgusting. Jemima clearly said it was just her personal preference.

Gina should of been pulled up by big brother - not Jemima.

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty shocked by Big Brother's decision regarding this...
  • ReiceReice Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB didn't say it was racist, are you all stupid?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with Big Brother:(
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reice1992 wrote: »

People are always trying to pull the race card ;)
  • Lucky lad34Lucky lad34 Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well why pull her in then? Are you stupid?@ reice
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was disgusting. NO WAY she was being racist. I've said similar things myself when people ask what kind of girls do you go for - I always reply I like white, blonde hair, not too skinny etc etc, I don't go for black, or oriental but quite like medierranean. WHAT THE **** is racist about that. Just cos a certain skin colour isn't sexually attractive to you, does that mean i'm racist.
  • casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    But they should of pulled Gina up. Problem is society in general is too worried about upsetting someone why cries racist - even when they are clearly twisted the true story.

Plus racist only seems to work one way. I think Gina is actually quite racist to the white girls in the house.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    On the first night when Gina had a go at Sallie and tried to pull that bloody hat off her had( wondering if shes bald :rolleyes:) did BB pull Gina into the diary room?? I know they had a go at Sallie when it wasn't any of her fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why pull her in, why give her a formal warning...
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    It was an opinion mot racism and BB was wrong. However if you view it from the need to boost ratings (and thus advertising revenue) then it was the correct call.

Remember folks it's all worked out to a plan in advance and the contestants are manipulated. Reality is the last thing this is about!
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think BB did the right thing in bringing her in, yes it's over-reacting, but letting it pass could've been taken the wrong way too, when Gina was screaming "racist" at Jemima.

With Sallie going in to complain and wanting Gina to be on a warning, now this, it's becoming the TV equivalent of football players running to the ref and waving their hands in a "give him a card" gesture. ;)
    Forum Member
    So if you say I tend to go for white guys / girls - your racist because you haven't included other nationalities.
    Forum Member
    So if you say I tend to go for white guys / girls - your racist because you haven't included other nationalities / minorities.
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then what was at all objectionable about what she said? If you think she wasn't warned for straying towards racist territory then you are deluding yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member

OK then how was it offensive! Explain oh intelligent one..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member

OK then how was it offensive! Explain oh intelligent one..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    So if you say I tend to go for white guys / girls - your racist because you haven't included other nationalities / minorities.

according to Big Brother, yes you are a racist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, if I say I like girls, I don't go for guys - am I being homophobic.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazman wrote: »
    according to Big Brother, yes you are a racist.

wELL IT ISNT RACIST, SO IF I AM LESBIAN AND I SAY I DONT LIKE BLACK, ASIAN OR WHITE GUYS WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    wELL IT ISNT RACIST, SO IF I AM LESBIAN AND I SAY I DONT LIKE BLACK, ASIAN OR WHITE GUYS WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME?

Picky. :p

And shouty. :D
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    How or why would anyone say that they wouldn't date a person of a certain race. Although maybe not out and out racism, its got to be leaning towards racism. I couldn't say that i wouldn't go out with someone who I've never met before, just because they are of a certain race.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    Jemima is not my favourite but Gina used the race card tonight. Totally disgusting. Jemima clearly said it was just her personal preference.

Gina should of been pulled up by big brother - not Jemima.

Agreed, but she should HAVE been pulled up. Please let's put an end to should OF on this forum
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    How or why would anyone say that they wouldn't date a person of a certain race. Although maybe not out and out racism, its got to be leaning towards racism. I couldn't say that i wouldn't go out with someone who I've never met before, just because they are of a certain race.

She was expressing a preference for dark guys that looked Mediterranean and she was drawing a distinction between dark looking Mediterranean looking guys and black guys just so that her personal preference was fully articulated. That isn't racist. Personally, I like women rather than men. Is that sexist or a personal preference?