Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smallalien wrote: »
    Children need boundaries, not adults. She was an educated adult and a parent. She didn't need telling that there is a 'boundary' that says 'don't take drugs when you're alone with your child.

And the children of heroin addicts are no less prone to depression than those who have lost parent early. Most children who have lost a parent early have lost someone who would have loved and cared for them so it is preferable that they would have had that parent, of course. But when you have someone like Peaches who is selfish enough to take drugs when alone with her child it's fairly reasonable to surmise that they would have had a chaotic childhood exposed to drug use, unmanaged mental health problems and neglect. They are probably lucky she's dead.[/QUOTE]

that's disgusting. 2 small children have lost their mother. a man has lost his wife.
  • SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children need boundaries, not adults. She was an educated adult and a parent. She didn't need telling that there is a 'boundary' that says 'don't take drugs when you're alone with your child.

And the children of heroin addicts are no less prone to depression than those who have lost parent early. Most children who have lost a parent early have lost someone who would have loved and cared for them so it is preferable that they would have had that parent, of course. But when you have someone like Peaches who is selfish enough to take drugs when alone with her child it's fairly reasonable to surmise that they would have had a chaotic childhood exposed to drug use, unmanaged mental health problems and neglect. They are probably lucky she's dead.[/QUOTE]

that's disgusting. 2 small children have lost their mother. a man has lost his wife.

I suppose you've seen the damage inflicted on the children of addicts then? If you had then you wouldn't be crying 'poor Peaches'.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    How incredibly sad for her and her family.

I can't be arsed reading all the claptrap, at the end of the day who knows what she did or why she did it, a family has been left bereaved and a young man a widower. Two children will grow up without their mum, and that is just awful.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Oh silly girl, what have you done?

I too fell for the Peaches that had changed her life around, who got her feet back on the ground and seemed to be all about being the best parent she could be....

It wasn't af if she didn't know the dangers of hard drugs, or that extreme diets could kill you. That combination, including having been sober for a while and then starting again, is probably what done it.

Her poor poor boys........
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the children of heroin addicts are no less prone to depression than those who have lost parent early. Most children who have lost a parent early have lost someone who would have loved and cared for them so it is preferable that they would have had that parent, of course. But when you have someone like Peaches who is selfish enough to take drugs when alone with her child it's fairly reasonable to surmise that they would have had a chaotic childhood exposed to drug use, emotional abuse, unmanaged mental health problems and neglect. They are probably lucky she's dead.

We don't know when she took the drugs. All we know is she was found dead, and her youngest son was in the house with her. We don't know that she was alone with him when she took them. How do you know she didn't love and care for them? I think it's quite obvious from all the videos she posted, and the photos, that she did. She made a terrible mistake that unfortunately has contributed to her death, but to say her children are lucky that she is dead? I don't know what to say to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose you've seen the damage inflicted on the children of addicts then? If you had then you wouldn't be crying 'poor Peaches'.

What if that was your family would you like it if people come out with nasty comments about them. Those kids didn't choose to be born now your saying they are lucky!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GODDESS wrote: »
    You're clearly not much of a professional then because if you were you would you would not be sitting in judgement of one heroin user over another.

And don't tell me that i know nothing. You went home of an evening in yout so called profession. I lived with my late Brother and my Sister when they were in the grip of addiction.

If you want people to take you seriously then don't make statements that you don't know are true.

It is not true that you can die from a heroin overdose several days later. If you don't want people to contradict you then don't make claims that you can't back up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person I quoted said it was only one son that's why I said I would be upset. He could of been there, no one will know.

According to the inquest. Tom's dad took Phaedra back to Peaches and left him there with his mother for the morning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how it was leaked but the rumour has proved to be true this time. Very very disappointed in Peaches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if that was your family would you like it if people come out with nasty comments about them. Those kids didn't choose to be born now your saying they are lucky!!!

Some people who take heroin are decent people who have a lot of problems. I have a massive amount of admiration for people who stay clean. I also have a huge amount of pity for people who become addicts. But when it means that they are inflicting cruelty on children I find it much more difficult to sympathise. And I find it a lot easier to sympathise with women with no partner, no family, no money and no support who make mistakes like this.

Hell, if Peaches had hired a nanny or left them with Tom I would have a huge amount of sympathy for her. But when it's someone like Peaches who had a partner, a family and the financial resources to ensure her child was cared for even if she did take drugs I have no sympathy at all.

She created a situation where she knew she would neglect that child and he would be frightened and scared just so she could take drugs. Given she was prepared to do that how do you think she would have responded to their emotional needs the rest of the time? Do you think she was the kind of mother who would have put their needs first or made sacrifices? I certainly don't. Her actions were selfish, calculated and irresponsible. No good parent would do what she did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good mothers don't take drugs. They certainly don't take drugs when they are alone with sole care of their child.

To call her a good mother is an insult to all the mothers who go through really difficult hard situations and still manage to keep it together for their kids.

Taking drugs whilst alone with your child is one of the worst things you can do. If you believe that it is 'good parenting' then you might like to explain why social services generally see it as a reason to remove children from their families?
    Nothing has been said to say she did take drugs with her son in the house, and no drug paraphernalia was found there either.

I despise drugs, and if it turns out she took drugs with her son there then I take back my defence of her as that is a truly awful thing to do. It's clear she loved her children very much, and has made a terrible choice somewhere along the way, but for that she, and her children have paid the ultimate price, and for that I feel tremendous sorrow for them all.
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want people to take you seriously then don't make statements that you don't know are true.

It is not true that you can die from a heroin overdose several days later. If you don't want people to contradict you then don't make claims that you can't back up.

Where in any of my posts did I say that you could die from a heroin overdose several days later?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where in any of my posts did I say that you could die from a heroin overdose several days later?

I said a day later, but not several. Think they like to over exaggerate on things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said a day later, but not several. Think they like to over exaggerate on things.

I think smallalien is quite full now. Think it's time to stop feeding the trolls:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some people who take heroin are decent people who have a lot of problems. I have a massive amount of admiration for people who stay clean. I also have a huge amount of pity for people who become addicts. But when it means that they are inflicting cruelty on children I find it much more difficult to sympathise. And I find it a lot easier to sympathise with women with no partner, no family, no money and no support who make mistakes like this.

Hell, if Peaches had hired a nanny or left them with Tom I would have a huge amount of sympathy for her. But when it's someone like Peaches who had a partner, a family and the financial resources to ensure her child was cared for even if she did take drugs I have no sympathy at all.

She created a situation where she knew she would neglect that child and he would be frightened and scared just so she could take drugs. Given she was prepared to do that how do you think she would have responded to their emotional needs the rest of the time? Do you think she was the kind of mother who would have put their needs first or made sacrifices? I certainly don't. Her actions were selfish, calculated and irresponsible. No good parent would do what she did.
    24/7 wrote: »
    Nothing has been said to say she did take drugs with her son in the house, and no drug paraphernalia was found there either.

I despise drugs, and if it turns out she took drugs with her son there then I take back my defence of her as that is a truly awful thing to do. It's clear she loved her children very much, and has made a terrible choice somewhere along the way, but for that she, and her children have paid the ultimate price, and for that I feel tremendous sorrow for them all.

This!!!

Someone had to of been there, to removed the paraphernalia.
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think smallalien is quite full now. Think it's time to stop feeding the trolls:D

How is that member trolling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that did make me chuckle. :D

Sorry to hear what you went through with your family, must of been so hard xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolla_7 wrote: »
    How is that member trolling?

have you read all of their posts??? saying people sound stupid and ridiculous. No one's opinions matter as they are the professional and know more then everyone else.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That might have come from someone else who posted that she might have taken the drug on a Friday night away from home.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    How incredibly sad for her and her family.

I can't be arsed reading all the claptrap, at the end of the day who knows what she did or why she did it, a family has been left bereaved and a young man a widower. Two children will grow up without their mum, and that is just awful.

It does appear some people like to sit on high and pontificate but a young wife and mum is dead and her family, no matter what the circumstances of her death, have it to deal with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that did make me chuckle. :D

Sorry to hear what you went through with your family, must of been so hard xx

Thank you. xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Shocked. Disappointed and devastated for her poor boys.

There must be something more to it? So many questions, did her husband know she was using? I am sure he wouldn't have left their youngest with her if he did?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member

There must be something more to it? So many questions, did her husband know she was using? I am sure he wouldn't have left their youngest with her if he did?

I know a lot of people are saying they're not shocked or surprised by this outcome but I am. I followed her on Instagram for quite some time before her death and although any social networking site is just a snapshot of someone's life, you wouldn't have even got a sniff of the possibility of any drug abuse on there. Her appearance on This Morning with Katie Hopkins wasn't all that long ago and she certainly didn't look like she had a drug problem then. Quite the opposite in fact, I thought she looked the picture of health.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stop thinking of her husband finding her. Must be awful no wonder there are reports he wants to sell the house.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

Im not shocked that heroin had something to do with it

She was very slim and from what I have seen in the past a lot of young women use to keep slim